Weekend plans?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Lovely family walk. Dolly, Daisy-Dog Katie and me! Then dressage test riding for E Dressage and Amber cuddles. Photos.....

93867873_2969955899751138_8981727865292718080_o.jpg

95387954_2972645026148892_3847736143923642368_o.jpg

94858240_2972544352825626_8384820607644073984_o.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Ooh that sounds great AE, we've had a similar day. Novice was a bit of a wrestle round, the mediums weren't as good as they can be, and my give and retake appears absent - I tried but he followed the rein ?
None of our stretches are great but hes a cob so it is what it is. Hes obedient to the canter now and I'm proud of how far we've come.
I'm trying very much to treat these like a comp so short work in as that suits him better energy wise, but it compromises our medium as that's better the more I do - once upon a time that was the case with canter work so I know we can improve that.
If nothing else it shows where we need to get better

palo1

Visit site
Big day for my little mare - we made it all the way up to the open hill!! :) :) This is a steep climb of nearly 1000 feet on very mixed ground tracks and a very little road work. It's a wonderful ride but we have needed a bit of fitness to make it possible. Once on the hill there are lovely feral ponies, curlew, kites, the occasional goat, various natural obstacles and challenges and a lovely dewpond (on this bit of hill) to play in. It was fabulous and she was super chilled out about everything though we had a few shapes thrown due to baby unbalanced moments when she tried to canter through some undulating bits of ground. She was happy to canter in front and behind (only little distances) and to cope with her friend taking a diversion on the hill. She would have loved a roll in the pond but I am a meanie and that wasn't happening. I am soooo pleased with her!!! The terrain can be really quite tiring and requires a horse to think carefully and she did brilliantly with not a single mis-step or hesitation even when having to go down a very steep rooty, rubbly bank.

She was also brilliant about having a full wash off and a drink on command when she arrived home. I always try to teach my horses to drink a very liquid grass nuts drink when they have had a longer or hard ride and she (being a coblet) didn't hesitate! She is getting stronger and more confident with every ride but she was really tired when we got home (the 'block' is about 9 miles). Most of it was done in walk with bits of trot and canter and some with me walking with her. I have been gently preparing her for this kind of distance (done very slowly) for a number of weeks as this is the riding we have here. She can have several days off now!!

Sheep

Visit site
OH has had to rush off to work unexpectedly (100 miles away!) so I am going to be doing my online dressage solo ? I have a go pro camera, app on my phone so hopefully can set it up in such a way to video it myself ?

DressageCob

Visit site
I decided against my e-riders entries. They have been put off to next month. The little chap has pulled his shoulder being a silly boy so isn't right. With the big lad I am getting the softness and decent sideways in my lessons and playing at home but as soon as I put my test hat on it all goes out the window because I'm so tight and tense, so I need to make everything normal and effortless. I thought I'd focus on that rather than wing my way around Medium 71! Glad I did; I got a proper shoulder in off my body and he floated and it was fabulous ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Nice video Roxy :)

We had a busy weekend, got just about everything done as planned, phew. Just sent online dressage entry in, I watched the video seeing all the mistakes... and then thought about how much we'd improved it since I came up with the floorplan a couple of weeks ago and felt quite pleased with our self-teaching efforts. Its still very full on to fit an inter1 plan into a short arena but we had a bloody good go ? and it's made me tighten up on a few things , giving renewed focus for our virtual clinic exercises etc.

Will have to figure something else out to aim for in may ?

Darcy has been on his bestest behaviour too, hopefully he can do a class next month.

Swotty swotpants in the sunshine
20200425_182126_compress69.jpg

nikkimariet

Visit site
Busy week as ever!

Rooni has schooled a few times - some incredible work and some incredibly awful work lol. Terrible teens!

8D648E7C-3175-4AA1-BB9D-7D5E7BE714D4.jpeg
B652B7FD-FB19-4FF2-BAE4-D4318618CA5C.jpeg
16F3632B-3B29-4022-9562-DC9539E3BEB9.jpeg

He finished the week on an easy note with some cantering in the winter fields and hacking to chill though.

Fig is doing well. Hand grazing and exercising sensibly now.

8AD6B158-EED4-4E71-A20B-A1A68EB54410.jpeg

He has a minute cats cradle set up for 2 x 10 mins ‘turnout’ tomorrow. Daft thing is... Ordinarily he would be waiting to be brought in from 10am onwards. Pure FOMO. And then there’s this...

45706938-60F4-4B48-AC42-FF5A07D8EE67.jpeg

On for two whole days. Little git!

I have spent much of the weekend doing jobs round the yard. My biggest task is clearing the yard of rubber and hand picking and bucketing it back into the arena. As mind numbing as it sounds BUT very satisfying. Nearly there now. On bucket 27

A5D64694-B657-4B95-8CAE-D12FE778B8F8.jpeg

The rubber had migrated out but with the neat little slide rail it can’t get kicked out any more! Hurrah! I’ve not only cleared the surrounding 50 yards or so of gravel (it all looked like the bit in front of the gate), I’ve gone over the entire yard too!

I had the deeply delightful job of scraping years worth of hay bedding feed cobwebs dust and god knows what else off the window sills in each stable too...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I spent a hour today making a list of riding schools. Tomorrow I will email to arrange a time for a tour of the stables and see the horses. Hope you have had a good weekend everyone!
As you say you are in Britain, I dont think you will be getting any tours of riding schools as they are all closed due to lockdown, people are not to travel except for the broadcasted reasons.

Chippers1

Visit site
I managed a hack on Saturday so that was exciting! Buzz was so on his toes because we had to go around one of the fields and he thought it was galloping time...not yet Buzz we have to be sensible :) our normal hacking route was jam packed with cycling families and walkers. Funny as I normally pass 2 or 3 people on that route....
Also (hopefully without jinxing it...) having great success with the Equimins, I don't want to speak too soon but it's almost as if he enjoys them?! odd pony!
He's also moved down to the summer field this weekend so is likely to start looking very round, especially with the lack of riding. I got some grass nut samples and he liked them too but I will save feeding them until some of the grass has gone down, at least I have a back up feed ready!

Roxylola

Visit site
It's so gutting seeing dates come and go isnt it fiona. Supercob got quite excited at seeing poles for the first time in a few weeks and felt obligated to jump them at first not long after lock down started.
I'm waiting on the online dressage results - feels like every other class is going up first lol! I thought I'd entered limited novice but that's up and I'm not there ?

Leo Walker

Visit site
Ooh that sounds great AE, we've had a similar day. Novice was a bit of a wrestle round, the mediums weren't as good as they can be, and my give and retake appears absent - I tried but he followed the rein ?
None of our stretches are great but hes a cob so it is what it is. Hes obedient to the canter now and I'm proud of how far we've come.
I'm trying very much to treat these like a comp so short work in as that suits him better energy wise, but it compromises our medium as that's better the more I do - once upon a time that was the case with canter work so I know we can improve that.
If nothing else it shows where we need to get better

I have seen you post loads about him but never seen a photo or anything. I love him! Hes so busy and forward and with all that power. When he gets a little bit stronger he's going to be something to see.

I like almost all horses, but there's not many I'd want to bring home, but I'd have him in a heart beat!

milliepops

Visit site
It's so gutting seeing dates come and go isnt it fiona.
I am also a bit sad about dates coming and going, all my lessons are still in the calendar and that makes me sad but I'm trying my best to make sure we are still progressing. I may have a massive sulk when the weekend of the Stephen Clarke demo comes and goes, I am so hoping they can get a new date as I really wanted that lesson!

Also as K missed all the stuff she was qualified for last year, I am gutted that this year is a write off too. She ain't getting any younger. Just have to keep trying to train on and hopefully come out stronger when this is all over. I'm just keeping everything crossed on Salty's foal, I really hope that everything goes smoothly because it will be such a lovely thing for us. Trying not to think about all the what iffs, I think we are as prepared as we can be :confused:

Roxylola

Visit site
I have seen you post loads about him but never seen a photo or anything. I love him! Hes so busy and forward and with all that power. When he gets a little bit stronger he's going to be something to see.

I like almost all horses, but there's not many I'd want to bring home, but I'd have him in a heart beat!
Ooh that's lovely, thank you. He is an absolute dude and yep, total powerhouse! I was a bit useless at pics til recently o_O You'll all be sick of seeing him soon enough - random jumping one just cos Screenshot_20200427-115546_Gallery.jpg

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I'm late to the party too, I was very busy celebrating my birthday! I have been hacking out with friends Friday and Saturday (with social distancing in place!) and having some very productive rides at home. I am still able to have lessons so we have been keeping up the training momentum.

Last week I bought a new saddle so we have been riding only in that because it's so lovely! Plus things are cooling down and turning green with a nice amount of rain so far!

Roxylola

Visit site
Happy birthday! Hope you had a great weekend. Your weekend sounds great.
Northern - is your pony even wearing odd boots? Although I love both colours I think I'd try and settle on one at a time lol. Fab pictures though, looks glorious.
How did everyone get on with their e dressages? I was super happy with my results - we will get our first frillies!

milliepops

Visit site
How did everyone get on with their e dressages? I was super happy with my results - we will get our first frillies!
ooh well done. I enjoyed watching your tests.
I did Equitest as it ran up to FEI levels so the entries don't close until today. I was considering putting an AM entry in as well but it's peeing down so I don't reckon my camera person will be very keen :p

Roxylola

Visit site
Ah I see, as we were all filming I assumed it was likely the same deadline. Good luck for your results then. I'm more excited to get my sheets than frillies really.
It's cold here and give to pee down later

Northern

Visit site
Happy birthday! Hope you had a great weekend. Your weekend sounds great.
Northern - is your pony even wearing odd boots? Although I love both colours I think I'd try and settle on one at a time lol. Fab pictures though, looks glorious.

No, I haven’t dropped to that level of unmatched ? they’re teal on the inside.

Kat

Visit site
I had a weekend of hacking, beautiful evening for it in Saturday. Glorious sunshine, and the gorse smelled lovely.

Sunday wasn't such a nice day, we have a rota for social distancing and I have the late slot so I missed the sunnier part of the day. Just managed to dodge the rain though.

Who is everyone doing online dressage with? I wasn't aware any was going on and would love to have something to focus on.