Weekend Plans!

Northern

Visit site
Getting in early because I have 1 hour of night shift left and it's Thursday morning here ;)

I have an exciting weekend coming up because I am a) not working, b) riding and c) going to see a lovely WB filly to potentially buy!
If I like her, she will be going out long reining during winter with the aim to back her over the summer.

Hope you all have a good weekend and are up to exciting things now lockdown is easing :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
That does sound exciting - will we get photos of the potential new horse if she becomes a definite new horse? :D

We're hacking as always! The ground is too hard to do anything apart from walk at the moment so I won't be able to do anything wildly fun. Apart from that I'll be trying to find somewhere within a 2 hour drive that can do schoolmaster lunge lessons when the world goes back to normal :).

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not a lot, don't want to be too far away from Salty now just in case ?
If she stays as she is I might take kira off for an arena hire again.

Hope you have a successful viewing Northern ?

Happy mummy totally oblivious to the mental stress she's causing ?

20200518_071704_compress17.jpg

KEK

Visit site
Getting in early because I have 1 hour of night shift left and it's Thursday morning here ;)

I have an exciting weekend coming up because I am a) not working, b) riding and c) going to see a lovely WB filly to potentially buy!
If I like her, she will be going out long reining during winter with the aim to back her over the summer.

Hope you all have a good weekend and are up to exciting things now lockdown is easing :)
Wow Northern that's very exciting! Looking forward to pics :)

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
How exciting Northern, fingers crossed for Salty MP!

We have a clinic this weekend! Super excited, not even the forecast yucky weather will get me down (though it is a bit rude that the day I have plans is the worst weather day ah well!). I am cleaning all my gear and Henry is getting a bath in preparation. Other than that we will be hacking in the sun before it turns nasty.

Have fun all

Northern

Visit site
Aaaand arrived at the horses this morning to find Miss TB in the wrong paddock looking guilty. Luckily a hind leg flesh wound that is relatively shallow and won't require bandaging, just a tree stump leg for a while. Horses, who'd have them? o_O

KEK

Visit site

We have a clinic this weekend! Super excited, not even the forecast yucky weather will get me down (though it is a bit rude that the day I have plans is the worst weather day ah well!). I am cleaning all my gear and Henry is getting a bath in preparation. Other than that we will be hacking in the sun before it turns nasty.

Have fun all
Who is your instructor please AE?

Wheels

Visit site
Theres some exciting plans by the sounds of things. Looking for new horses, waiting for foals, jumping and all sorts.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

I'm still laying low for another couple of weeks although I will start hacking again now. Ms night off tonight then lunging and in hand tomorrow. Sat and sun will do shorter schooling sessions and then short hacks to get going again. At the moment I'm working on riding with a longer leg so doing at least 20mins a day with no stirrups which is helping

Northern

Visit site
Not a lot, don't want to be too far away from Salty now just in case ?
If she stays as she is I might take kira off for an arena hire again.

Hope you have a successful viewing Northern ?

Happy mummy totally oblivious to the mental stress she's causing ?

View attachment 47703

She's really got a nice "in foal" shape now! Good thoughts coming your way for a smooth foaling and excellent IgG levels!

Roxylola

Visit site
I have a lesson booked! I'm dropping my teaching to one day at weekends now not both so I can do my own training too. And I need to film my other dressage at some point, the arena where we are for our lesson is over sized so I cant do it there. But monday is a bank holiday so that gives me a spare day still

milliepops

Visit site
She's really got a nice "in foal" shape now! Good thoughts coming your way for a smooth foaling and excellent IgG levels!
thanks Northern :) it's soooo frustrating not knowing when she will decide to pop. 330 days now so could be tomorrow or next month! she's blooming but starting to get a bit huffy and puffy lugging her wide load around.

J&S

Visit site
MP you will be able to tell when she is going to foal I'm sure. You know her well and any slightly unusual behaviour could be the indicater.
I have only bred one foal but the evening before the mare foaled there was something about the way she was standing that made me go to the stallion owners whose farm we were on and say to them I thought it was time. They looked at their calender and said definitely another week. 7 am next morning the phone rang with news foal was born!!
Good luck, hope it is an easy time for you.

milliepops

Visit site
thanks J&S. I hope so! I think I am pretty tuned into her but lots of people say maidens can surprise you and I'm so worried about missing it and her having a problem. i know nature is generally successful with getting things born safely but i guess when it does go wrong, it can go properly wrong. i'm one of those "a pessimist is never disappointed" people. but thanks for the vote of confidence :D

Wheels

Visit site
ooh nice pics rara - are indoors open to hire now in England? only outdoors here in NI at the moment

Sprat

Visit site
Great pics Rara, he's looking fab.

I FINALLY have a lesson booked on Sunday, and I am so bloody excited! Will be sprucing the pone up on Saturday as she currently looks a bit feral, and need to take the trailer out for an empty run on Saturday to check tires etc.

Apart from that, my sister is coming over for a socially distanced walk on Sunday afternoon which I am so looking forward to.

MP, Salty is looking great!

j1ffy

Visit site
Just a bit of hacking. We're allowed at the yard four times a week now, and loan horse has his back shoes back on. He's been good so far, just a bit spooky on our hack yesterday, but I'm a bit less calm...he's known for the odd unpredictable moment and I can't get my head off them at the moment. Any suggestions? I'm riding with a back protector to be on the safe side but I am annoying myself!

Here's our potter around the farm tracks yesterday:
IMG_9824.jpg

thommackintosh

Visit site
Salty looks blooming @milliepops beautiful.
Fingers crossed for the viewing @Northern

It's Harry's birthday tomorrow so he'll be getting more spoiled than usual. We were meant to be at a stay away show for the weekend, so instead we'll pootle through a mix of hacking, flatwork and jumping. The rest of the weekend will be spent replacing a fence and general odd-jobbery.

milliepops

Visit site
Just a bit of hacking. We're allowed at the yard four times a week now, and loan horse has his back shoes back on. He's been good so far, just a bit spooky on our hack yesterday, but I'm a bit less calm...he's known for the odd unpredictable moment and I can't get my head off them at the moment. Any suggestions? I'm riding with a back protector to be on the safe side but I am annoying myself!

Here's our potter around the farm tracks yesterday:
View attachment 47748
Is it specific moments that bother you or a general sense of unease? I've recently taught myself to stay relaxed in the scary corner that often results in explosive spooks by picking a random number and counting down, in 3s out loud ?it needs enough brainpower to stop me adding to Darcy's tension ?

Northern

Visit site

Have fun all

Good luck with the weather, a once in 5 year storm I hear? Meanwhile none of the forecast rain eventuated for us plebs in the East!

j1ffy

Visit site
Is it specific moments that bother you or a general sense of unease? I've recently taught myself to stay relaxed in the scary corner that often results in explosive spooks by picking a random number and counting down, in 3s out loud ?it needs enough brainpower to stop me adding to Darcy's tension ?

It's a general sense of unease. He's one of those horses who will be great 99% of the time (albeit with tension as an issue, though we do get some relaxed work now) but can suddenly 'go' - either a very sharp spook with shoulder drop, or a couple of times fly-bucking. He's done neither with me since our first month together in September, when he had me off twice, but he ditched the yard apprentice earlier in the year, and just before lockdown he was wired as he'd been in for a month due to the mud and mud fever. I'm struggling to get any feeling of trust back even though he's done nothing bad since being back in work this week!

I meant to say - fingers crossed for Salty! It's so exciting, I can't wait to see her foal :)