Weekend Plans!

Roxylola

Visit site
Had a super dressage workout for us both today, lots of using my seat and core to half halt and balance him, slowing the front and activating the hind leg more. Hes being really rideable at the moment which is a pleasant change from negotiating about everything! Lots and lots of nice work - some bits to work on for the next week or two. And my instructor says I need to do more in sitting trot :oops: I have to be disciplined with myself as well as him but hes feeling great at the moment. He was shattered by the end though, just stood falling asleep on the yard ?

Roxylola

Visit site
Yeah, sorry, mentally I commented on your new purchase AE but apparently I was too excited by my lesson to actually type the words - sorry! He looks super smart, I like him a lot hope you have a ton of fun with him

nikkimariet

Visit site
Otherwise, we’ve been going on some proper big boy hacking adventures! He’s not great with traffic at all so I’ve been getting up at sparrow fart to be on by 5am and miss the traffic.

9C43256E-32AC-4CC7-89EC-F1448F37FF05.jpeg
68EF250C-E13E-4A2B-A494-1473AA3F692A.jpeg

Today we were out for 2 hours. Totally worth it for the views if not the Peace and quiet!

And Figgy for those interested is doing well (crossing fingers toes and eyes!).

848745AC-8F98-41D9-B206-CC4D9FE8FA7F.jpeg

We’ve started some in hand work, a few minutes at a time. Due another set of imprints next week and then I’ll get his xrays redone in another month to see where we are at.

Michen

Visit site
That's great michen :D

Yes really good boy! Am a bit concerned about his feet though. He’s got scoot boots on in front with pads and I do find they aren’t great for sensitive feet as the stones can still be felt. But he’s gone really footy, I think footy behind now too and I just cannot get on top of the thrush, so not entirely surprising. Going to put the scoots on the back and buy some clumpy Cavallos or similar for the fronts. Ordered a cleantrax solution but other than that not sure where to go as diet is optimal ?‍♀️

Sheep

Visit site
Your new boy is lovely, AE! Hope you have lots of fun with him.

We are just home from our arena hire. OH was the jockey today, as the horse is his after all. Our friend brought her 4yo along as well for her first ridden outing. It was a great success and all went very well.

I hopped on at the end to pop a few jumps. I am very rusty lol! But horse was lovely to ride and I think he enjoyed himself. Height wise I’d say they were around 80s, so small enough compared to his lanky long legs, but didn’t want to over face myself! Stirrups were a fraction too long which didn’t help my dodgy lower leg position. A great time had by all!

FE6D07AB-F63F-4FE5-8812-A0D4B49E5C64.jpeg1223795F-A346-4EAC-AC80-99A6752AFA8B.jpegB06F2792-471F-470F-AD9B-7075FA114CFC.jpeg

Wheels

Visit site
Yes really good boy! Am a bit concerned about his feet though. He’s got scoot boots on in front with pads and I do find they aren’t great for sensitive feet as the stones can still be felt. But he’s gone really footy, I think footy behind now too and I just cannot get on top of the thrush, so not entirely surprising. Going to put the scoots on the back and buy some clumpy Cavallos or similar for the fronts. Ordered a cleantrax solution but other than that not sure where to go as diet is optimal ?‍♀️

When Ms shoes came off I sprayed frogs and his seedy toe with red horse sole cleanse and stuffed any crevices in the frogs with hoof stuff. All cleared up pretty quickly

Scoots didnt quite fit and we went for renegade vipers instead. Better heel first landing too

Michen

Visit site
When Ms shoes came off I sprayed frogs and his seedy toe with red horse sole cleanse and stuffed any crevices in the frogs with hoof stuff. All cleared up pretty quickly

Scoots didnt quite fit and we went for renegade vipers instead. Better heel first landing too

Tried sole cleanse then moved on to copper sulphate. Also using field paste and packing crevices with hoof stuff. It’s really frustrating as his diet is good and he has equinmins advanced completed, I may try him on forage plus balancer.

interesting re the renegades.. do they have a really solid sole? The scoots have a soft flexible sole.

Wheels

Visit site
Tried sole cleanse then moved on to copper sulphate. Also using field paste and packing crevices with hoof stuff. It’s really frustrating as his diet is good and he has equinmins advanced completed, I may try him on forage plus balancer.

interesting re the renegades.. do they have a really solid sole? The scoots have a soft flexible sole.

They are somewhere in the middle so more flexible than the likes of Cavallo but not as flexible as scoots.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Very happy with his first day. Was lying down in his stable when I arrived this morning so obviously pretty relaxed. Did some groundwork to see what he knows about moving from pressure, standing still, lining up at a mounting block etc. (Answer not much, he's Irish!) But he was switched on, intelligent and willing to try. He has got scars all over him which vet said were years old so he has been in the wars ar some point. But it does not seem to have affected him physically or mentally. He is very chilled but not at all shut down.

Then hacked out and felt more relaxed on him on our first hack than I did on Amber - ever. He actually SLOWS when asked!!! So that bodes well too. He's a bit TOO friendly. Tries to lick or snuffle me all the time. But I like him a lot. He seems to be genuine, calm and very trainable.

100089159_3044422405637820_5032115462180175872_o.jpg

100759593_3044563352290392_2252195019395956736_o.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
He sounds really lovely! My fella is a bit like that. Really in your face, loves a fuss, will attempt to eat random parts of you if given half a chance... he is Irish too, then again so am I haha.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I don't really mind it as long as it does not progress to barging or rudeness. I am just used to Amber being very aloof. I like her reserve. She is like 'I'm an athelete. I'll work for you but then piss off and leave me alone' :D Her work ethic is fabulous and she really tries but she has never been in any way cuddly!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ahh that was Millie. It feels like a tremendous honour when Millie is cwtchy because she is so independent it's crazy. I have 2 very very cuddly horses on the yard now... you soon adjust ;)

Wheels

Visit site
Sounds like a great start AE. M is a friendly wee chap too and very inquisitive. I love that actually and it was what drew me to him before I rode him. I went to see a different horse at the producers yard who didnt really interact much and then I went into Ms stable and he was straight over to introduce himself, see who I was and whether I had anything interesting on my person! 3 years on and hes no different and has never ever dreamt of being bargy!

scats

Visit site
Ahh that’s great news AE! He’s gorgeous!

Weather calmed down this evening so took Millie for a stroll around Farm ride, which was lovely in the evening sun. One of the dogs had me up three times in the night so I actually slept in til 9am which is unheard of for me, but I’ve had a busy week of dogs so I am quite tired. Given myself bank holiday Monday off aswell and had quite a bit of running around to do today so I’m looking forward to a total chill out day tomorrow.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Great hack today, I decided to throw caution to the wind and pop by the beach on the way home to trot some circles :D.
Sweet as always, if a little strong because she fancied a good gallop, I’m *finally* getting a good connection in the contact. It’s intermittent and too fragile to be really useful but we had an awesome med trot because numpty rider (me) has finally figured out how to not lose all the energy out the front door! Unfortunately numpty rider can’t really ride the med trot (I nearly got launched out of the saddle) so schoolmaster lunge lessons are still on the list :p.

KEK

Visit site
Hack went so-so. Didn't do anything naughty but he called VERY loudly for the mare, 3/4 of the way round (until we turned back up our road, then we had a very brisk trot back). All the horses in the neighbourhood were answering him.. it was not a peaceful walk lol.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Good luck with the weather, a once in 5 year storm I hear? Meanwhile none of the forecast rain eventuated for us plebs in the East!
One in 10 years! Hasn't been too bad where we are, but worse closer to the coast.

We had an epic clinic, made some great progress. Henry is getting so much more consistent in the contact and supple through his body, and his trot looks so much stronger and uphill. Jumping he was brilliant, it was so windy all the jumps kept blowing down, but has was cool as a cucumber and wasn't worried at all. We had people standing at all the jumps to try and anchor them and he was a little unsure of that but he did what was asked and jumped brilliantly. He felt super adjustable and I rode forward and made good decisions. Jumps were set at about 80 and it felt easy, must have looked easy too because our coach reckons we are ready to jump bigger. Very exciting!
IMG_6931.jpg

Michen

Visit site
Hack went so-so. Didn't do anything naughty but he called VERY loudly for the mare, 3/4 of the way round (until we turned back up our road, then we had a very brisk trot back). All the horses in the neighbourhood were answering him.. it was not a peaceful walk lol.

Hehe. Don’t worry. My now 8 year old Connemara has the occasional hack where he screams his head off the entire way around for no reason I can identify. He did it ever hack when he was a baby too, but now reserves it for special occasions.

He is just a youngun probably feeling a little insecure.

Reactions: KEK