Weekend Plans!

Northern

Visit site
Vetting organised for next week (whole hog including x-rays, not taking any chances!), hopefully she passes so I can share some photos :D Already starting to plan out our next few months, consisting of a lot of long reining and ponying out over hills with the help of my lovely Haflinger who will teach her to stay in line (behind her and away from her food ;) ).

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Decided to take Darcy to arena hire instead of kira. I really wanted a nice ride without "environmental " issues ;) he started out spooking at a shaft of light but sorted himself out and did some decent work. I figured out where I was going wrong with the left canter and we both finished hot and sweaty but relaxed ?
Might try and take Kira in the week. Our school at home is getting deep as it's so dry.
Collage 2020-05-25 21_32_09.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Looks like a lovely arena MP, it's nice when you figure out a problem
Yeah, tbh I was probably being too hesitant. He's just fractionally behind my aid, and because he finds left canter harder anyway I was trying not to come down on him too hard and turn it into a thing. But he is now ready to accept a little prompt from the whip. Which had 100% success rate , whoo hoo ? now I just have to ride it better ;)

Yeah nice quiet indoor. Much controversy over whether they should be open or not but I'm not getting into that, it was all safe as far as I'm concerned ?

SEL

Visit site
Yeah, tbh I was probably being too hesitant. He's just fractionally behind my aid, and because he finds left canter harder anyway I was trying not to come down on him too hard and turn it into a thing. But he is now ready to accept a little prompt from the whip. Which had 100% success rate , whoo hoo ? now I just have to ride it better ;)

Yeah nice quiet indoor. Much controversy over whether they should be open or not but I'm not getting into that, it was all safe as far as I'm concerned ?

wouldn't have thought there was much risk from being in an arena on your own.... Our arena is very deep and after the high winds at the weekend now has pretty much all the surface down one long side. Never thought I'd find myself wishing for rain.

Darcy has muscled up a lot since I last saw photos - nice bottom on him!

SEL

Visit site
I only ever post on these threads after the event - anything in advance meant the Appy would break!

Small pony joined the herd last week. I'll post a picture of me squishing her at some point. She's been on the yard for 15 months bought as a lead rein pony. Then her belly seemed to expand rather more than the rest of her and not long after the BOGOF appeared! Baby has just turned 1 year, but the owners had some personal issues and needed new homes urgently. Baby has gone to relatives and mum (all 13h on a tall day) has come to me.

Incredibly sweet, really unfit and with a horrible headshake. So spent last week just doing 10 - 15 mins at a time and playing around with bits. Thanks to the bitbank she's now a lot more settled and the headshake is only happening when she's got a bit hot, tired or being asked to stand still. We think she's about 8, but spent most of her little life on maternity leave (this is at least foal #2) so very, very green. Bobbed her out for her first hack around the village yesterday and suddenly clocked as we hit the main road that she'd only ever had a bottom to follow or been on the lead rein - and that her last hack was some time ago. Very bouncy and enthusiastic, but really couldn't fault her given the traffic was a bit silly.

Obviously the plan is to find her a little girl owner who can spend the time grooming her rather beautiful long mane and buying her inappropriate pink stuff - but right now I'm rather enjoying having something with working legs to play with :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Darcy is looking great MP! What a change in the last few months. SEL, the pony sounds very cute!!

Danny seems to be on a mission to show me that I'm a fool for not trusting him. We hacked around the village on Friday and Sunday with Pocholo and his loaner, and Danny was great. There are new 'Thank you NHS' banners and flags which were billowing in the wind, and a cardboard box was flapping around and threatening to eat him. He tensed a few times and did a tiny spook at the box, but absolutely nothing considering. On Sunday he pretty much yawned his way around! Dobbin on the ground yesterday, doing some very slow work between and over some planks on the floor.

Did 20 minutes in our big arena today and he was very relaxed, even when YO's hubby drove around two sides of it with an empty trailer banging around behind his pick-up. Danny barely flicked an ear. YO's hubby apologised afterwards and said he thought it was his teenage daughter riding - his wife wasn't impressed :p

Hopefully we can continue to go slowly slowly and my confidence will fully return. I'm looking forward to Danny being fit enough for lessons again as they always help, but we're a few weeks off that yet!

Gratuitous photo of my gorgeous 3yo PRE, who's off being backed in Spain. I wish I could visit - it's not quite the year I had planned but first world problems so I can't really complain. He was ridden with the snaffle for the first time last week, up until now everything's been off the cavesson. He's taking everything in his stride, probably as everything's being done at his pace!

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 10.36.28.jpgScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 10.35.35.jpgChilli 18 May.jpeg