What extra features would you pay for on a horse?

Trouper

Visit site
If they have to go wrong I want one where there is an indicator of where the problem is - like hair standing up on end - so you know it is hock and not SI, or vice versa. This would be a MK 1 mod. - the MK 2 would be developing speech so they could actually say where it hurts.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I was saying yesterday that I would pay extra to get a feature that's been factory installed in one of my horses. A good doer who eats anything, but only eats the amount that he needs.

I've also always said I would pay extra to get the feature that I found out this morning the other one has. A coat that the mud falls off as soon as you wave a brush near it.

Are there any optional extras you'd pay more money for?
A pintle hitch at the back, to be able to hook up a trailer without messing around with a collar and all the rest.

DressageCob

Visit site
A horse that never needs clipping would be the dream. Like my hogged cob but one that doesn’t grow a mane, feather or winter coat. A perfectly clean shaven horse all year round with no effort required ?

my bfg

Visit site
Very lucky as my girl is a superstar, but if I could choose to add any "apps":
Ability to speak English
Has her own thermostat, so is never too hot/cold
After a bath she can have a quick shake and become totally dry
Most importantly freeze her health and age x

SEL

Visit site
interchangeable feet. So you can unscrew the ones with navicular and ligament issues, and simply replace with some nice new comfortable feet.

Can we have a replacement leg version? Unscrew a dodgy left hind, order 15h cob size off internet and screw replacement in? Could probably ebay the old leg - discount with minor suspensory damage.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I would like a horse that makes me into a Grand Prix level rider (a good one) when I sit on them - that would be cool, although would it take the fun out of things?
Definitely self trimming hooves
And a forever soundness button!

Ooooh and one that lives as long as me!

Flicker

Visit site
Can we have a replacement leg version? Unscrew a dodgy left hind, order 15h cob size off internet and screw replacement in? Could probably ebay the old leg - discount with minor suspensory damage.

Problems arise when the factory messes up the order and sends an Appaloosa leg instead of an Andalusian one... ?
Or a Shetland instead of a Shire.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
A default setting of stand still and be grown up about this ?‍♀️

This seems to come as standard with piebald cobs (based on my two). They also seem to have the indestructability option built-in, at least mine has managed to tangle with a five-bar gate and come out the victor - the gate was destroyed and he didn't have a scratch.

My daughter's old pony did all his poos in a single neat pile, both in the field and the stable - I'd have liked that feature in all of them.

Self-cleaning tails and an ability to stop eating when they've had enough would definitely be my choice of extras for my current two.

Silver Clouds

Visit site
I'd like an automatic version that you can send out on a10 mile hack to get fit/keep slim all by itself in the pouring rain.

Ooh, that mode would be useful on the days it's too dark to exercise before/after work. Would be good if it had different settings such as 'gentle hack' (for youngsters and older horses), 'fast hack' (for fittening or weight loss) and 'schooling'. And, to cover all bases, a 'rehab' setting where you can set the speed, duration and whether they need to do any particular stretching/strengthening exercises.

daydreamer

Visit site
How about an uninstall feature? So if you teach them something, but get it a bit wrong or discover there is a better way to do it later on you can uninstall that bit of learning/behaviour and install an upgrade? I'm thinking transitions, lateral work, loading etc. This would also be useful if they learn to worry/be scared of something. Simply uninstall and try again!

Auslander

Visit site
After a rather trying afternoon with Alf and the clippers, I would like a 5 minute Freeze function, for doing those things that are likely to cause drama - head clipping in Alfs case, but could also be useful for worming,etc.