What would you do in my situation ?

MrsHutt

Visit site
SO excited for you - and looking forward to the pics :D

(H was the first horse I saw. I went to see a couple of others 'just in case', but all that did was convince me that he was actually 'the one'. I think we paid a bit over the odds for him at the time, but he has come so good now he is worth way more!!)

Lucyad

Visit site
Congatulations - horse sounds lovely and I am looking forward to seeing pictures.

I bought the first horse I saw as well - never even saw any others to compare him to, as none of the adverts even sounded as appealing. He turned out perfectly!

ponymadclo

Visit site
5k does sound a lot for a cob, and i'm sure you'd be able to find a cheaper one. Also don't shoot the horse! Try selling it first if you are going to give up! But if you can wait for your youngsters then it depends on what they're like as you wouldn't want to have a nasty fall. :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Martha meets Little Ted.
Martha14thJuly12005.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Gorgeous pic ... look forward to updates and pics of the intrepid duo :D

Thank you. I need to find a extra large pair of water wings so she can go out for a pick of grass. Is it ever going to stop raining. I have bought another horse that is the size of an airship and not a bale of hay in the barn yet !

Amaranta

Visit site
Have read the whole thread with growing excitement :D (did skip through some posts as I needed to know whether you did in fact take her)

So glad you bought her, she is absolutely beautiful and I don't normally do cobs :D

ETA: I just love the name Martha too!

Bobbly

Visit site
IMO, 2 or 4. Don't wait for the youngsters, they may even never get rideable in once piece!
5K does seem a fair bit for it but I always say that you cannot put a price on safety and if she will do the job in mind, long term then she's worth every penny if you can afford her. Get out there and do it while you can! You never know what is around the corner.

Jesstickle

Visit site
AA- you've done her a disservice. Trimmed up I think she'll make a very smart show cob. She wouldn't look out of place in a county line up I don't think.

She is lovely, I can see why you were so taken with her :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yep. :D It's another of these weird Sabino things and was named after Gulastra who was a chestnut stallion with a 'grey' tail. ;)

This is the most striking one that I've seen a photo of (yes I do save photos of unusual horses *blushes* I have some nice champagne horse photos too ;) ).

greytailedcolt.jpg

Holly Hocks

Visit site
AA I think she's lovely - she looks even better than she did in the advert. Looks to be a fabulous quality horse with a kind face. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from her. Good luck with everything you do with her.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yay for Mum! And Happy Birthday to you!
Martha is gorgeous, and what a fab name. I'm sure you'll have many happy years with her, far better than getting stiff while you wait for the youngsters.
My parents have helped to buy more of my horses than not. The last one, sis and I went to Robinson's for a celebratory buying spree after agreeing to buy her and got lost on the way back. We missed the turning, we were laughing so much at the trailer we saw with the logo 'Sponsored by Daddy'. We did think the pony inside was probably owned by a teenager, rather than a woman in her fifties!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
What a find! I'm so jealous but I do hope you have a load of fun with her, she's lovely.

The vet said she was a rare find.

I found her in the middle of a sleepless night worrying about the big horse and feeling very down. Liked the write up but thought the picture made her look heavy topped and no bone to carry it. She actually has bone a plenty.

She travelled and settled well, ploughed an enormous furrow in Ted's paddock and then had a bath. She seems very kind, is ruled by her stomach, horse like owner, we are both slimming now ready for cubbing.

A horse fly has bitten her lip so it's big and fat, poor girl. If she has a settled night I will have a sit on her tomorrow.