What would you do in my situation ?

awolstencroft

Visit site
I can only speak from my current situation which is...
my mother has ridden since she was 12 and will be 60 next year. she had a 10 year gap from owning horses and an even longer gap where there wasn't anything for her to ride. she would also class herself as an experienced novice rider. (she is also 4foot10 and so our 14.2 is a 16.2 to a non vertically challenged person and so she feels a little over-horsed despite the fact she is perfectly safe!) We got our traditional cob as a rescue and I have very recently backed him with the view to him being my mothers pony, however she is having to get on now while he is still very green in an attempt to get her fitness back up ready for regular riding as she feels that the time off has done absolutely nothing for her and she is worried she wont be able to carry on if she doesn't improve herself quickly.

Sorry about the long explanation - what I am trying to say is definitely don't give up riding if you know in your heart you cant leave it behind you! My mother is in the situation you could potentially be in in a few years and she is regretting it massively!
Read more at https://forums-secure.horseandhound...do-in-my-situation/page27#D1qbvcfFDs1R5dEJ.99

Suelin

Visit site
Keep riding, whatever you do, keep it up. It is very easy to get hopelessly stiff as you get older and then you won't feel balanced when you come to ride your youngsters. Even if you have maintained your confidence. I would buy the horse you are looking at (if sound) and just keep on trucking around. I'm in a similar position right now.