What's happened to shiteventers?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I did see a message about them not being associated with the similarly named dressage group, and they were getting complaints about the dressage group that they have nothing to do with. Said they had better things to do. So, may be something to do with that?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I did see a message about them not being associated with the similarly named dressage group, and they were getting complaints about the dressage group that they have nothing to do with. Said they had better things to do. So, may be something to do with that?
that post was getting a bit unpleasant.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
that post was getting a bit unpleasant.

I think I saw it before there were many replies.

Anyway, it made me go find the alternate group and ask to join! I did find the shiteventers had changed from fun to trying too hard, so won't miss it, or the swearing, too much. Hope one of the two dressage ones are fun without the drawbacks.

milliepops

Visit site
I think I saw it before there were many replies.

Anyway, it made me go find the alternate group and ask to join! I did find the shiteventers had changed from fun to trying too hard, so won't miss it, or the swearing, too much. Hope one of the two dressage ones are fun without the drawbacks.
so far.... so good :)

milliepops

Visit site
Steph Croxford set up a group called Shitedressageunited

I think that's the one the SEU admin were complaining about.

it's a small group at the mo in comparison and is mainly people sharing funny stories of horses buckarooing up centre lines or ducking out of the arena etc. I'm not sure what the complaints were about.

(there are 2 other groups with similar names but I'm only in the one above so dunno if the others were involved.)

Last edited:

milliepops

Visit site
because the name was similar. at least that's what a lot of the replies were about, and then it all went very negative.

scats

Visit site
Yep, Steph Croxford set up a dressage one with a similar name and the eventers group went mad. There was a lot of ridiculous behaviour and bad language being thrown around.
Apparently people didn’t like the similar name being used. Feel like they need to get a life really... there’s far bigger things going on in the world.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yep, Steph Croxford set up a dressage one with a similar name and the eventers group went mad. There was a lot of ridiculous behaviour and bad language being thrown around.
Apparently people didn’t like the similar name being used. Feel like they need to get a life really... there’s far bigger things going on in the world.

People really do need to get a life. So what if another group has a similar name?

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Ive just found this on the shiteparents group

"Sorry guys I need a break. Too many personal attacks aimed at me in the last 2 weeks. We raised 12k for the aussie floods and all I got was abuse. I need a break. "

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I left the dressage one because it seemed to be made up of really good riders who had bought horses with problems for next to nothing and trained to PSG in next to no time. Made me feel completely inadequate!?
I posted my famous dressage score on there so they weren't all good dressage people ?

spacefaer

Visit site
The main admin on the SEU page has had a lot of personal abuse over the last couple of weeks. The storm in a teacup over the dressage group was the last straw.

Because people thought the dressage group was a spin off from SEU and SEU, she was getting complaints from the dressage group addressed to her, which is what prompted the post about it.

I am an ex admin of SEU and believe me, It's not a walk in the park to moderate. There are 1000s of posts submitted each day, mostly unfunny or repeats . Yup get loads of private messages asking why a post hasn't be approved within 10 mins of submitting, and the page is constantly monitored for rule breaches.

It's not an easy thing to do. I stepped back because I was spending a significant part my day on the group, which I couldn't spare.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
There have been an awful lot of random banning from the new Facebook language infringement algorithms on horse related groups. SEU may have fallen foul of that as a group rather than it being the admin deciding to suspend it? Maybe.