Where has everyone gone?

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
Me too! Seems that quite a few of the regulars have gone AWOL, maybe for the same reason?! I miss the good debates in here that we used to get and the sense of community has gone :(

vam

Visit site
Mine horse is broken so nothing to write about but i do miss the comp reports and a lot of the people who where on here. Its a shame its so quiet but it seems like people have just moved on. I miss a lot of the people that where here as i enjoyed hearing what they had to say and you never knew when you would read something intresting and relevant. It not the same as it was really...

JFTDWS

Visit site
I haven't competed in months after a vet disaster with the old horse and now having no tack :( I could write updates, but there's only so many "schooled bareback, didn't die" posts one can write. And that's not many...

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I would love to write a report but sadly haven't been able to compete or go anywhere due to horse's undiagnosable (sp) issues! I could post a lovely pic of my trailer sat festering doing nothing though.......

I do really love reading other people's reports though so please keep posting !

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I don't tend to post comp reports as I doubt many people would be that interested, though I did do a team chasing one last time. I did (do) always enjoy the training posts and discussions/ debates, though don't always have a huge amount to contribute to them.

I think people come and go depending on what they have on. For me, forums are somewhere I tend to frequent when the rest of my life is quiet. When I'm really busy, I don't have the time to think about posting/ reading. I start a new job soon which will involve a lot of commuting and travelling, so I doubt I'll have the inclination to read forums then. It's probably the same for more others, they just post when they have time.

Bantry

Visit site
Anyone know why Tarrsteps doesn't post anymore? I really miss reading her posts, she always had great knowledge and advice. Some other members who posts and competition posts that I also miss are Worried, Measles, KirstyHen, KatB, Rowy, Carthorse, Pigsmight, SarahJane? I know there are other names too that I’ve forgotten :(

JGC

Visit site
Anyone know why Tarrsteps doesn't post anymore? I really miss reading her posts, she always had great knowledge and advice. Some other members who posts and competition posts that I also miss are Worried, Measles, KirstyHen, KatB, Rowy, Carthorse, Pigsmight, SarahJane? I know there are other names too that I’ve forgotten :(

Everything what you said. Being a stressager, also miss FrodoBeutlin.

khalswitz

Visit site
From those HHOers whom I keep up with, quite a few seem to being plagued with injuries and other problems right now that stop them competing. And, it is also that time of year for a break!! I'm sure a lot will start up again in Feb/march...

lindsayH

Visit site
I don't think it helps that this forum does seem rather old fashioned now. I do prefer one of my others where I can instantly rate a post as 'like', 'agree', 'useful' etc. and upload photos with a single click. It also has loads of those little emoticon things which I love, there's one of a little guy banging his head against a wall that I'm sure would go down really well here :D
There are people on here whose advice I really respect though (many mentioned above). Maybe, like me, many are just spending a lot of time trying to get to grips with things at the yard before winter and it will pick up again once the bad weather really sets in.

mrsh2010

Visit site
Wonder whether it has anything to do with when we were having issues logging in? I lost contact with this forum for about 4 weeks!!

Do miss everyone's posts though

MegaBeast

Visit site
Tend not to post much any more as the whole tone of the forum has changed and isn't what I like any more. Also "know" many of the oldies on Facebook now. I look in frequently, but few of the threads interest me these days so rarely comment or even open them. It's sad really.

vam

Visit site

I keep up with some of these on fb but others i wouldnt know outside of HHO so its a shame as i always enjoyed there updates and even thou i didnt 'know' them i felt like i did.

HayleyUK

Visit site
I stopped posting reports as they were ignored - it takes time/effort and i wasn't getting any feedback from it so seemed pointless to spend the time that I could be using to do something else.

I don't visit or read as much as find the whole tone has changed.

The lady who has the humdinger also doesn't post anymore- miss her HOYS reports

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Please don't be put off by the lack of comments - just because some lurkers don't post it doesn't mean that they don't enjoy or appreciate them. I will now make a bigger effort to comment on reports - I rarely do anymore unless I have a specific question but I will restart.

khalswitz

Visit site
Please don't be put off by the lack of comments - just because some lurkers don't post it doesn't mean that they don't enjoy or appreciate them. I will now make a bigger effort to comment on reports - I rarely do anymore unless I have a specific question but I will restart.

This. I am very naughty in that I often read without commenting. If the outing has been very successful, so there is little to comment other than a well done, or if I am short of time and just reading while commuting then yes I will not post. From the view counts on my own reports I know a hella lot more people must be reading mine than commenting!

Yes it can be depressing, but it's taken me over a year of twice or more monthly updates to get more than one or two comments if I'm lucky. So persevere!

Bernster

Visit site

Agree with this - I don't compete so don't feel I have anything to contribute, but doesn't mean I don't enjoy or value other people's reports. I do try and check out those that don't seem to have many replies, but sometimes feel it's a bit naff to just say @like@ lots.

Also wonder whether FB etc is causing some of this, as quicker/easier for people to keep up with each other that way. Shame though as I do love having a read of this site during my lunch hour etc.

pigsmight:)

Visit site
I have missed all the updates and reports to!, I am just in the lorry on my way back from HOYS 😄 I feel a report is in order!

SaffronWelshDragon

www.facebook.com
Agree, it has gone a bit quiet in here. I was writing monthly reports over the summer when I was doing BD, but autumn is here, so chillout time for Saf and I. I always enjoy reading others reports and aim to reply even if it's just a well done and it's nice to get comments.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Completely agree. I gave up a while ago.
Too much like hard work to write a report, see quite a lot of views but no comments. It used not to be like this and I think perhaps the popularity of facebook is what has made a difference, it's so much easier to indicate that you've seen and liked a status. Also most of the ex HHOers are on fb so I keep in touch that way. Tarr Steps has a page, https://www.facebook.com/TarrStepsServices?fref=ts

Spins

Visit site
Just wrote a whole reply highlighting the reason I don't reply to threads only for it to be deleted for that very reason lol long story short I love reading ppls reports but unfortunately replying is a pain as HHO will only open in desktop version on my phone.. So have to zoom in and out and then when I go to move it back towards the left I lose the page and my reply :(

Anyways ppl please keep posting I really enjoy reading them and seein photies!we really do need a like button!!

Bernster

Visit site
Just wrote a whole reply highlighting the reason I don't reply to threads only for it to be deleted for that very reason lol long story short I love reading ppls reports but unfortunately replying is a pain as HHO will only open in desktop version on my phone.. So have to zoom in and out and then when I go to move it back towards the left I lose the page and my reply :(

Anyways ppl please keep posting I really enjoy reading them and seein photies!we really do need a like button!!

Similar here, had a spate of those grey boxes for a while which meant I couldn't reply !

VRIN

Visit site
Reports are interesting and often I will read but not comment (maybe if number of readers were displayed it would be more encouraging) but I think the posts that keep people coming back and looking for more were the 'debates' and discussions which used to appear. The 'discussions' which appear these days often have a few 'unpleasant' comments which make one less inclined to become involved...

AdorableAlice

Visit site
The forum was my only company for most of 2013 when I was so ill and there were lots of interesting topics, now there seems to be a lot of silly topics with no depth to them.

Off to Hoy's at the crack of sparrow fart with a hunter in the morning, will report back. Hopefully not a started, farted, slipped up and fell report !!