Why do people want to own cobs?

GTRJazz

Visit site
I have a Cob he gets me the sympathy vote every time when you see an old bloke on a Cob give up you will never win.

Attachments

• Cob.jpg
    Cob.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 52

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Yes - I can't believe that people post on this thread without being fully informed by reading it. All of it.
:)

All THREE THOUSAND and odd comments... maybe I'll find time for it over the weekend.

tl;dr

I've only ridden one cob, a Normandy, he was OK, but a bit of a bugger to get going. And he was a bit of a vandal: he smashed up the feed trough in the corner of his stable. It was concrete.

Peter7917

Visit site
depends on the cob, a nice welsh cob, yes please. one of these hairy, coloured things you see all over dragon driving, no thanks.

Mrs B

Visit site
A 9 year thread??????

Yup! It's become the equivalent of a rather worn, slightly tatty but nevertheless favoured Christmas decoration ... periodically, out it comes, gets a quick brush over the dustiest bits and booted up and down the Forum to see how many people it can lightly annoy on the way.

I would say it was like a rather worn, slightly tatty but nevertheless favoured cob, but at least this thread actually moves occasionally.

albeg

Visit site
Yup! It's become the equivalent of a rather worn, slightly tatty but nevertheless favoured Christmas decoration ... periodically, out it comes, gets a quick brush over the dustiest bits and booted up and down the Forum to see how many people it can lightly annoy on the way.

I would say it was like a rather worn, slightly tatty but nevertheless favoured cob, but at least this thread actually moves occasionally.

Much like the tatty cob, when you feed the thread it temporarily moves, then slows back down to a stop until the next offering of fresh feed (posters) 😉

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I have a Cob he gets me the sympathy vote every time when you see an old bloke on a Cob give up you will never win.
All THREE THOUSAND and odd comments... maybe I'll find time for it over the weekend.

tl;dr

I've only ridden one cob, a Normandy, he was OK, but a bit of a bugger to get going. And he was a bit of a vandal: he smashed up the feed trough in the corner of his stable. It was concrete.
confirmed cob.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
depends on the cob, a nice welsh cob, yes please. one of these hairy, coloured things you see all over dragon driving, no thanks.

Ooh, rude! My hairy coloured thing cleans up very well (although he tried to eat the soap one time, it was ph neutral, so probably about as bland as some of the feeds I’ve seen) and qualified for big important stuff in his hey day. Now he’s pretty much retired, he probably does fit the Dragon Driving profile! 😀
1555774538166.jpeg

GTRJazz

Visit site
Spring is here again and the Bridlepaths will be jam packed with warm bloods and sports horses stuck behind a slow moving Cob.The Equestrian equivalent of a battered old Vauxhall victor towing a caravan .

I often find a Warmblood or Thoroughbred tucked behind the cob with plenty of room to pass, makes me feel like a nursery teacher leading children passed the scary things in life.

Bob notacob

Visit site
I often find a Warmblood or Thoroughbred tucked behind the cob with plenty of room to pass, makes me feel like a nursery teacher leading children passed the scary things in life.
Glad you didnt include sports horses ,if there was even an inch of room they would hurtle past ,hoof pressed hard on the horn .My Irish draught has even been known to shove reluctant cobs into water complexes just to clear the way.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Glad you didnt include sports horses ,if there was even an inch of room they would hurtle past ,hoof pressed hard on the horn .My Irish draught has even been known to shove reluctant cobs into water complexes just to clear the way.
An inch of room! There is never an inch of room to get past a cob's giant arse.

catkin

Visit site
Trust me on this ,when an Irish draught side swipes a slow cob its the kind of event that physicists have been watching for with the large hadron coilider at cern .

Depends upon the cob and the angle of contact ;)
All that cobby bulk applied at the right angle and boom, over goes the target ;).

We had a hunting cob who could tip 16.2s into hedges if she thought they were going to get in front (OK - so not quite your typical cob as she was very very speedy ;) )

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Videos of cobs moving like that should come with a decibel warning. Cob hooves are thunderous and have been known to damage even the least sensitive ears.

GTRJazz

Visit site
Although slightly ungainly on land Sammy cuts through the water like a seal

sammy water jump.PNG