Why do people want to own cobs?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
As a point of interest.... Because I've never tried... Do cobs sink in water? Or does the gas keep them afloat?
The fat will keep them afloat, they'll bob like a cork. They might float arse end up though due to the extra fat there. They could keep a few cobs on a ship to use as life boats.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I wonder if the feather floofication would make a difference? A proper floofy cobbler may sink due to the weight of wet feathers but a clipped one might float? 🤔
You see, I think cobs would sink unless they had feathers (it's not just that fat it's the sheer amount of hay, lightbulbs, buckets, washing etc in the belly) the only floating mechanism would be the feathers by way of trapping air. Technically the body would submerge enough, until the feathers (being lighter in water, despite being disproportionate hoof size) would flip the cob upside down, fully submerged with the only visible element being the hooves, gently paddling towards land.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I wonder if the feather floofication would make a difference? A proper floofy cobbler may sink due to the weight of wet feathers but a clipped one might float? 🤔

Or the feather might spread out like a sail, thereby keeping coblet afloat. Or just as tallyho says. *Nods wisely*

The fat will keep them afloat, they'll bob like a cork. They might float arse end up though due to the extra fat there. They could keep a few cobs on a ship to use as life boats.

Like those balloon animal cartoons? Superb! I imagine a cob in the water being like the alligator in this video.

GTRJazz

Visit site
Everyone knows Cobs walk on water quote
Archimedes principle
In simple terms, the principle states that the buoyant force (Fb) on an object is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the object, or the density (ρ) of the fluid multiplied by the submerged volume (V) times the gravity (g) or Fb = ρ x g x V. Thus, among completely submerged objects with equal masses, objects ...
if something weigh less than the amount of water it displaces it will float.
( In this case big Cob hooves)

Attachments

• Sammy walks on water.jpg
    Sammy walks on water.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Peter7917

Visit site
Ooh, rude! My hairy coloured thing cleans up very well (although he tried to eat the soap one time, it was ph neutral, so probably about as bland as some of the feeds I’ve seen) and qualified for big important stuff in his hey day. Now he’s pretty much retired, he probably does fit the Dragon Driving profile! 😀
View attachment 31716

Noooo, hes no dragon driving cob!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Have we as yet discussed cob tail hair ,and how fast it grows and how difficult it is to cut even with a good pair of scissors. I think it is made of steel wool.Cobs are good at 2 things, eating and growing hair.

Perfectly described!
My cob is amazing at growing hair and eating! My clippers blunt within 2 uses of clipping him out, yet I can clip my other one 20 times before they blunt!