Why do people want to own cobs?

Annagain

Visit site
Hock? I find a pair of good hocks are a great addition to a well done cob.

The mention of Hock always makes be giggle. Many years ago I was on the train to London. I hate going to London, had had a really early start and was a bit miserable. A group of people got on at Reading, they were obviously commuter buddies and they all sat together around me, which meant I couldn't help but listen in to their conversation. One was telling the others about her evening the night before. She had been to a friend's for dinner. Said friend had a hearing impairment which meant her pronunciation of certain words was not always clear. The friend brought out a bottle of wine and announced to the diners "I know nothing about wine but someone gave me this a while ago. Do you like Hock?" Except "do you like Hock" sounded like "do you like cock?". Of course, they all thought it was hilarious - as did I. I was desperately trying not to laugh but they spotted it and started teasing me about eavesdropping on their conversation. By the time we got to Paddington we'd had a lovely chat and I was much cheered up.

GreyMane

Visit site
Oh @GreyMane that's awesome ???
So tempted to add "whizz" lines by the hooves... :D edited to add, Thelwell illus only here as example of lines!
He's so good at them, never overused...
iu

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
("Have I Got News for You" voice) "Meanwhile, in Pardubice, course officials are mystified by the appearance of large footprints on the steeplechase course..."
Must do some work. Must not muck about with photos of the space station...:) Go, cobs !
View attachment 73735

I love the photo.... But no cob would leave the ground when it's covered with so much grass!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
("Have I Got News for You" voice) "Meanwhile, in Pardubice, course officials are mystified by the appearance of large footprints on the steeplechase course..."
Must do some work. Must not muck about with photos of the space station...:) Go, cobs !
pardubice-cob-jpg.73735

giphy.webp

Absolutely brilliant! :D :D :D