Why do people want to own cobs?

GreyMane

Visit site
giphy.webp

Absolutely brilliant! :D:D:D

Thanks so much ! Original picture was pretty cool already...
You know where to come if you want some pics of your cobs winning Badminton/Grand National/Olympic gold etc.
Discreet service, no questions asked ;)

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
I have to say i hope this is tongue in cheek!!

I know of several cobs who are light to the leg and one especially that has a natural flair for dressage and literally floats along the ground.

Sweeping statements such as above I think are designed to irritate and provoke unless people know they are not serious!!

Nikki xxx[/QUOTE

Yep think about it, your are bored at work, you’ve watched the whole internet, what to do? place a deliberately controversial thread and watch the serious people go bonkers and the ppl who see it as a joke let loose with amazing funny answers! Before you know it, it’s 5pm and time to go the the yard to ride her WB x TB!! It’s quite brilliant really :) xx

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
We own cobs because we want a challenge, not a safe ride, we like the drama of dealing with big strong horses rather than 'skinny thin TB's or Gormy thick WB's.

Its all about power you see!
I’m so confused, people getting so upset about someone not liking cobs then hypocritically insulting other breeds! This thread is getting so dull now, how on earth it ended up at 114 pages I’ll never know as I literally cannot read anymore of the same nonsense! OK yes a few funny posts but mostly just sniping at each other....on and on. I’m giving up here....have fun all of you! Xx

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
A fellow livery will begin looking for a new steed since her current horse (Arab cross) is getting up there in age. Something that is sturdy that does a little bit of everything, (hack, low level dressage, pop a small jump or two) and she's a smaller person so doesn't need something huge. A good temperament is a must.

So of course because I hate her, only want the worst for her, and wish her many years of suffering, I recommended a cob. I even sent her some ads because that's how terrible I am ?

Mrs B

Visit site
God they're awful at this time of year. Yak hair and curly moustaches everywhere.

Bad, BAD Auslander! :mad:

You've awoken the SheDevil just before Christmas and much as I loathe the season myself, others here might enjoy both It and Cobs and feel the Joyful Festive Spirit has been dampened by her presence ...

Actually, what the hell.

As you were ... :cool:

Urshee

Visit site
Hi. Please come and ride my husbands cob, she is sharp, fast, very forward going and will hunt all day. We have two cobs and they are both very friendly not at all bad tempered and we are both experienced riders, I wouldn't say either was a novice ride. My mare can buck and my husbands mare is sharp.
pictures004.jpg
wow she is a gorgeous horse!

Urshee

Visit site
was afraid the post is going to be about cobs being prone to diseases/genetic flaws, glad to find out that isn't the case as i fell in love with fuzzy cuties ?