Why do people want to own cobs?

nofie

Visit site
I've added that to my 'To Do' list, along with 'Why do amateurs insist on looking after their horses on DIY when they clearly know nothing' and 'Why do people have a horse, then neglect it on full livery'.
I like to live dangerously... :p :D
S :D

Hahaha I look forward to some interesting debates! :D

MochaDun

Visit site
Looking at the very impressive number of views and replies to this thread I'm just wondering if Shilasdair is on a commission to see if she can get the most viewed/most read thread on the new forum meanwhile I've forgotten what was her original question..:D

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Mental note to self: never call a child Hannah, it appears to interfere with some neural functions. :p
And MochaDun - I think Admin should pay me for upping the traffic to their site, don't you? :D

Queenbee87

Visit site
Mental note to self: never call a child Hannah, it appears to interfere with some neural functions. :p

You're gonna get in trouble for that one! :p This person can't take a joke about the type of horse she has, imagine how irate she will be at ^^ that comment :D

As to those who say it's all to do with cliques...... look at my (lack of) signature. I am not a member of any clique, have no idea who anyone on here is in real life and haven't been a member of the forum for long. I just saw this post and found it amusing. As previously mentioned, I don't think owners of other breeds/types would take any of the comments made to heart if they were about their type of horse/ pony? (Although I may be proved wrong if Shils does start the TB thread as promised ;))

I have blonde hair and as a result am sometimes subject to "blonde jokes" This doesn't offend me in the slightest- I enjoy proving people wrong :)

The main problem I have is that I see so many overweight cobs (probably because most are such good do-ers?) which a) doesn't look nice and b) is bad for the horse.....(not talking about anyone in particular, just a general observation from horses in my area)

sarah0786

Visit site
Apparently not. :D
I imagine all they hear is a slight whooshing noise... :p
My next thread, I think, will be 'Why do people own Tb's?'
What do you think - good plan?

hahaha do it, I own one by mistake, I wanted an ID, cobs aren't generally big enough for my long legs unless they are super wide.

Three

Visit site
I never wanted to own a cob. Mine just turned up and hasn't left again. I was only 'sposed to be keeping it for 6 months til I could find someone daft enough to pass it on to. And that was 8 or 9 years ago. Now look what I'm stuck with. :mad:

dom7-1.jpg

Mind you, I don't like arabs much either. The grey one appeared when I was looking for a sensible brown horse.

As for IDxTBs.... well, the less said the better. OK, mine's brown and sensible which is a start. But bloomin heavy on the vet bills in my experience. And they appear to produce nasty orange babies when you're hoping for a sensible brown horse.

In fact I'm not that keen on any horses at all. Although they're starting to look better now winter finally seems to be passing. Mind you it's still muddy...

Maybe goldfish are the way forward for me?

:D

Sparkles

Visit site
I never wanted to own a cob. Mine just turned up and hasn't left again. I was only 'sposed to be keeping it for 6 months til I could find someone daft enough to pass it on to. And that was 8 or 9 years ago. Now look what I'm stuck with. :mad:

dom7-1.jpg

Mind you, I don't like arabs much either. The grey one appeared when I was looking for a sensible brown horse.

As for IDxTBs.... well, the less said the better. OK, mine's brown and sensible which is a start. But bloomin heavy on the vet bills in my experience. And they appear to produce nasty orange babies when you're hoping for a sensible brown horse.

In fact I'm not that keen on any horses at all. Although they're starting to look better now winter finally seems to be passing. Mind you it's still muddy...

Maybe goldfish are the way forward for me?

:D

Or, maybe a pet rock? :D

Three

Visit site
Or, maybe a pet rock?

Binky01 - you're brilliant!! That's the answer to everything.

I can go on at length about how my pet rock is perfect with experienced riders and beginners alike.
Absolutely solid as a err... rock in traffic.
Good to load.
Easily caught from the field (provided you don't throw it too hard! ;) )
Feet like err.. rock, never needs the farrier
Perfect in company or alone.
Good doer.
Will live in or out.

The list is endless......

*Three sits back and waits for the onslaught of 'limestone is better', 'I can't stand igneous' etc*

Sparkles

Visit site
Binky01 - you're brilliant!! That's the answer to everything.

I can go on at length about how my pet rock is perfect with experienced riders and beginners alike.
Absolutely solid as a err... rock in traffic.
Good to load.
Easily caught from the field (provided you don't throw it too hard! ;) )
Feet like err.. rock, never needs the farrier
Perfect in company or alone.
Good doer.
Will live in or out.

The list is endless......

*Three sits back and waits for the onslaught of 'limestone is better', 'I can't stand igneous' etc*

Pmsl!!! XD

Horsehead

Visit site
The Cob I used to ride at College last year wasn't fat, lazy or a plod. I'm not a fan of cobs, but he was one of the best horses i've ever ridden, took me round my first course of fences and subsequently more. Jumped like a pro for me, and had about a million people off (never me :) )

Call him a fat lazy riding school horse as he bronks down the long side and kicks out at a mini bus.

:)

xxxx

Kenzo

Visit site
Originally Posted by glitterfuzz
I cant stand them either, send them all to france and eat them! Mabe thats why they are named after a bread roll.... destined to be a burger! !

I've heard a good few p*ss takes about cobs but that has to be in the top 10 :D

more more more!!!

ps I do cobs myelf but these are just too funny not to read :D

skychick

Visit site
This post has kept me amused for ages!

Well what can i say.....i went from a mad arab....to having a break from riding....to getting a more laid back horse to get back riding again....so i thought i would get something ploddy and cobby ;-) ;-) ;-)
Well.......
My ploddy cob......out walks the 16hh race horse i ride out with, spooks at every leaf, bird,cow, sheep, bag, noise, pretty much everything we pass!
He jumps 5 bar gates from a standstill, he is fast, spritely and can buck like a goodun in a split second. He is 14.2 although not massively chuncky! Last night we went for a canter on a verge and he decided to buckand spook and we ended up in a ditch full of water!
One thing going for him is that he isnt strong and doesnt lean on your hands!

I think the gypsys sold me a thoroughbred in disguise :-D :-D :-D

Can i have my arab back.....my cob is too lively!! he he

Spudlet

Visit site
No, no! Not this again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:eek:
**gallops screaming from thread on a cob**
k030.gif

Sparkles

Visit site
I do need a theme for the showman class ;)

With that song 'What's that coming over the hill' song for music....

[Nb....Tongue in cheek before I flamed lmao. I adore this horse and think the world of him :) ]