Why do people want to own cobs?

rhino

Visit site
For instance I took her out for a good old gallop today and we must have reached 40/45 miles an hour at least, maybe even more than that, yes more than that!

Amazing!

Amazing amount of *******s I mean :rolleyes:

When Secretariat set the world record for 1 1/2 miles in 1973 in the Belmont Stakes, which still stands, doing it in 2 mins 24, he averaged 37.5 mph.

And your cob can do more than 45mph! :eek: :eek: PMSL!! :D :D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Amazing!
ing amount of *******s I mean :rolleyes:

When Secretariat set the world record for 1 1/2 miles in 1973 in the Belmont Stakes, which still stands, doing it in 2 mins 24, he averaged 37.5 mph.

And your cob can do more than 45mph! :eek: :eek: PMSL!! :D :D

is it wrong i just snorted?:D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Okay this has really rattled my cage. I am fed up of hearing the same old boring rubbish saying that cobs are fat, slow, lazy etc cos this seriously is not true! I myself own a Gypsy Vanner COB mare and she is far from all this!! For instance I took her out for a good old gallop today and we must have reached 40/45 miles an hour at least, maybe even more than that, yes more than that! Horses are only fat due to owners having no care whatsoever in the world for them and they are only as lazy as people make them. Fair enough some riding school cobs can become a little lethargic, hell, I would be after doing so many hours a week and doing the same old thing every day. Even the dumbest person in the world would tell you how boring that must feel!!

I personally think there should be a thread on here asking people why the hell they would want a TB or a WB etc (apart from looking good of course!) for they are the most wimpyest, skittyest, good for nothing horses I have ever known and not one of them have I ever known to be sane. They are always keen to end up in a ditch or freak out about nothing known to man and are always causing their owners grief and worry due to constant vet bills and constantly going lame over the most teeniest scratch imaginable.

I think the reason this thread has cropped up is due to people being afraid of the strength that a cob can master and they know that they are not going to win against it for love nor money. For cobs are one of the most strongest species of Equine upon this planet. Cobs are also very loyal, loveable, friendly, hardy, trustworthy and honest horses ever known to man so seriously people think before you judge!

I'd love for these so called haters to come and ride my girl and see how hard it is to control her on a good day! That said, I think people seriously need to grow up about cobs and only state their opinion when they really get to know one properly!!

Ta ta for now, I hope I haven't offended anyone (!) not that I care anyway! Call it payback for the rubbish that has come out of stupid peoples minds!!

Heather xx

may i suggest schooling your cob so it can be controlled?

heatherxbella

Visit site
may i suggest schooling your cob so it can be controlled?

Thank you for your suggestion but I will not be following it through to your snotty standards! I forgot to mention how perfect her manners are! It's not that she's bad mannered, It's because she enjoys what she does, she's excitable and is naturally strong. We do plenty of schooling on a daily basis and that is just her way of showing that she is having a good time. Sorry but that's who she is and I would never change her for the world! So I would appreciate it if you actually got over yourself and hell I wouldn't have minded if you knew me well enough to come out with things like that but please....I'd rather you didn't!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Never mind heatherxbella, I fully understand that your cob can do 40 to 45 mph, heavens, my Section A has been known to go as fast as my TBs at up to 65mph - when they are all in the lorry together that is:D

heatherxbella

Visit site
It's even better than that, the poster's cob appears to hold the world record for the fastest ever horse!!

Up till now I believe it was the 1/4 horse 'Big' who was recorded over 1/4 mile at 43.26 mph in Mexico City.

HHO's first wondercob! :D

Enough with the sarcasm, seriously don't you think that's getting a tad old? You really think that you would get to me with drabble like this? I don't give a damn what you or any other snotty owners say!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestion but I will not be following it through to your snotty standards! I forgot to mention how perfect her manners are! It's not that she's bad mannered, It's because she enjoys what she does, she's excitable and is naturally strong. We do plenty of schooling on a daily basis and that is just her way of showing that she is having a good time. Sorry but that's who she is and I would never change her for the world! So I would appreciate it if you actually got over yourself and hell I wouldn't have minded if you knew me well enough to come out with things like that but please....I'd rather you didn't!

may i suggest you think before you post, you did say she was hard to control, so i replied based upon that, im sure she is a happy cob.. that or she knows we all want to eat her and is running for her life.:D

hunny take a chill pill, this thread was a total joke.

rhino

Visit site
Enough with the sarcasm, seriously don't you think that's getting a tad old? You really think that you would get to me with drabble like this? I don't give a damn what you or any other snotty owners say!

Well don't come on spouting complete rubbish then?! You have absolutely NO idea what horses I own and ride so the personal insults, as well as being unbelievably childish, are also complete rubbish :D

A tip for you - the OP of this thread owns a cob. A big hairy one :eek: :D So do many, many of the posters; luckily they also possess a sense of humour!

Before you condemn the OP with her comments about cobs, remember you dissed thoroughbreds and warmbloods just as much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Generalisations are wrong. Sometimes though they can be funny :D

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Quote de *hic*:
Never mind heatherxbella, I fully understand that your cob can do 40 to 45 mph, heavens, my Section A has been known to go as fast as my TBs at up to 65mph - when they are all in the lorry together that is

Not if there were a cob in the lorry though, it would weigh it down too much :D

heatherxbella

Visit site
Well don't come on spouting complete rubbish then?! You have absolutely NO idea what horses I own and ride so the personal insults, as well as being unbelievably childish, are also complete rubbish :D

A tip for you - the OP of this thread owns a cob. A big hairy one :eek: :D So do many, many of the posters; luckily they also possess a sense of humour!

Before you condemn the OP with her comments about cobs, remember you dissed thoroughbreds and warmbloods just as much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Generalisations are wrong. Sometimes though they can be funny :D

Funny(!) My sense of humour and tolerance is usually quite good but like I said I am really peeved as to why people think of cobs in this way! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, fair enough and yes I did give my own. As many people have said it is personal preference as to what they want to own and I have always gone with cobs and will never ever change that.

karen_c

Visit site
is it wrong i just snorted?:D

G&T. All over keyboard. Again. :D:D:D

Never mind heatherxbella, I fully understand that your cob can do 40 to 45 mph, heavens, my Section A has been known to go as fast as my TBs at up to 65mph - when they are all in the lorry together that is:D

Competition for the wondercob?! :p

may i suggest you think before you post, you did say she was hard to control, so i replied based upon that, im sure she is a happy cob.. that or she knows we all want to eat her and is running for her life.:D

PMSL :D:D:D
If only our feeble TB/WBs could manage such speed we might have a shot at catching her too :p

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Funny(!) My sense of humour and tolerance is usually quite good but like I said I am really peeved as to why people think of cobs in this way! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, fair enough and yes I did give my own. As many people have said it is personal preference as to what they want to own and I have always gone with cobs and will never ever change that.

so you admit your cob cant really go at over 45mph....

heatherxbella

Visit site

Calming down. Running for her life ha! You're right about her being happy and like I said I would never EVER change that and it's not that I don't school her because I ride her every day and work her hard. If this was a joke then it was a really childish one at that. Sorry for any offence taken but I am not having people constantly slagging off generally good animals!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
i would as you really are looking a fool, more to the point come on kid lets be honest no hairy yak could out gallop a race horse could it .

nxt your be telling us it jumps like milton ;)

Bikerchickone

Visit site
This thread is the best LOL I have had in ages! Nearly covered the laptop in Baileys!!! So funny! Even had non horsey hubby laughing at the cob weighing down the lorry!!

I own a WB and a cob so can comment here, WB quite slow and steady despite being 4, cob 12 years young and the most responsive ride anyone on my yard has ever had!

Wouldn't change either of them for the world....

So can I start a thread about how useless TBs are now to get the other side going....??? ;)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
This thread is the best LOL I have had in ages! Nearly covered the laptop in Baileys!!! So funny! Even had non horsey hubby laughing at the cob weighing down the lorry!!

I own a WB and a cob so can comment here, WB quite slow and steady despite being 4, cob 12 years young and the most responsive ride anyone on my yard has ever had!

Wouldn't change either of them for the world....

So can I start a thread about how useless TBs are now to get the other side going....??? ;)

ah but does your cob go over 45mph? if not its a major fail! :D

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Can anyone else hear the faint cackle of shils???? :D

I can! Particularly at Heatherxbella's assertion that:
For cobs are one of the most strongest species of Equine upon this planet.
The scientist in me wants to analyse that one a bit further, but I can see the scientists in you lot were more interested in the impressive speed she claimed her cob reached.
I think this thread does prove my hypothesis; idiots own cobs. :p :D
S :D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
High time that the raiding party repair to their quarters, me thinks, even though it is funny!!

alec.

did you just spank us! :eek:

I can! Particularly at Heatherxbella's assertion that:
For cobs are one of the most strongest species of Equine upon this planet.
The scientist in me wants to analyse that one a bit further, but I can see the scientists in you lot were more interested in the impressive speed she claimed her cob reached.
I think this thread does prove my hypothesis; idiots own cobs. :p :D
S :D

and along came shils :D:D

Natch

Visit site
Heatherxbella's uphaul was funny (no offence intended) but I didn't find it as funny as the forum itself appearing to have had a christmas tipple and coming out with "quote de *hic*". :D This childish humour on my part may be, in part, due to the discovery at my parents' house of a bottle of southern comfort which is probably at least 20 years old. Tis strong stuff :D