Why do people want to own cobs?

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
oh i am pleased, i was about to suggest you gave the poor sod a rest. damn christmas EH.. dont worry im sure a few more days hunting and you will sweat it off along with your cob:p

4faults

Visit site
Okay this has really rattled my cage. I am fed up of hearing the same old boring rubbish saying that cobs are fat, slow, lazy etc cos this seriously is not true! I myself own a Gypsy Vanner COB mare and she is far from all this!! For instance I took her out for a good old gallop today and we must have reached 40/45 miles an hour at least, maybe even more than that, yes more than that! Horses are only fat due to owners having no care whatsoever in the world for them and they are only as lazy as people make them. Fair enough some riding school cobs can become a little lethargic, hell, I would be after doing so many hours a week and doing the same old thing every day. Even the dumbest person in the world would tell you how boring that must feel!!

I personally think there should be a thread on here asking people why the hell they would want a TB or a WB etc (apart from looking good of course!) for they are the most wimpyest, skittyest, good for nothing horses I have ever known and not one of them have I ever known to be sane. They are always keen to end up in a ditch or freak out about nothing known to man and are always causing their owners grief and worry due to constant vet bills and constantly going lame over the most teeniest scratch imaginable.
I think the reason this thread has cropped up is due to people being afraid of the strength that a cob can master and they know that they are not going to win against it for love nor money. For cobs are one of the most strongest species of Equine upon this planet. Cobs are also very loyal, loveable, friendly, hardy, trustworthy and honest horses ever known to man so seriously people think before you judge!I'd love for these so called haters to come and ride my girl and see how hard it is to control her on a good day! That said, I think people seriously need to grow up about cobs and only state their opinion when they really get to know one properly!!

Ta ta for now, I hope I haven't offended anyone (!) not that I care anyway! Call it payback for the rubbish that has come out of stupid peoples minds!!

Heather xx

Haha I love this thread it has given me hours of entertainment over the time it has been going.
I do think this hypocrite above needs to get a grip though:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some the nastiest most skittish horses I have known have been cobs lol

Keep the entertainment coming :D:D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
thang god for the french meat horses beong brought over eh, not only can they carry heffiers but they plough the fields on route.. and when they are knackered the owners still get 500 quid for them.. total win win situations.

although i wouldnt call one a cob.. :D

Queenbee

Visit site
thang god for the french meat horses beong brought over eh, not only can they carry heffiers but they plough the fields on route.. and when they are knackered the owners still get 500 quid for them.. total win win situations.

although i wouldnt call one a cob.. :D

I know, and if you have 'em killed in winter you can request their skin and make fantastic 'huggle coats' and 'uggy type boots' to keep you a warm and sexy trend setter so nothing goes to waste... all about the carbon footprint me :D

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Why on Earth would you NOT want to own a cob..????????????
My friend owns two and they are fab little horses, the only reason I dont have one is because they are all a bit on the small side for me....soooooo I have a Clydesdale instead lol. I LOVE heavy horses, they have fab temperaments/personalities. I also have 2 Sports Horses (mainly ID so chunky) and a grumpy, moody git of a TB...I know which I prefer..!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Why on Earth would you NOT want to own a cob..????????????
My friend owns two and they are fab little horses, the only reason I dont have one is because they are all a bit on the small side for me....soooooo I have a Clydesdale instead lol. I LOVE heavy horses, they have fab temperaments/personalities. I also have 2 Sports Horses (mainly ID so chunky) and a grumpy, moody git of a TB...I know which I prefer..!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

ohhh god *groans* another troll ..

SHILSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Queenbee

Visit site
And then HG would hunt you down and you'd be hogtied before you know it! :eek:

Oh, I forgot, you'd like that :rolleyes: :D
I wait with fresh minty and baited breath LOL :D
blimey o'reilly thats some stamina for an old beardy:eek: you'd wear the poor bu gger out!

?
Not unless I was married to him and he had a lot of money and a heart complaint:rolleyes::D

Oh yes he can !!!
We burnt off a JAG on our way to the boxing day meet.! Mind you he had had a day of on Christmas day so he was full of beans!
I bet Jack was piddled off, he told me he wanted them for his beanstalk LOL :D

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Hahaha its not my weight thats the issue, Im not all that heavy, its the fact that Im nearly 6ft tall and I feel like a wally on a 14.2 lol. Though I do school my friends coloured 14.2 cob and hack him out but he feels tiny to me. So as I love my heavy horses (hence HeavyHorseHugger) I bought a 17.2hh Clydie instead....and I ADORE him :cool:

heatherxbella

Visit site
uh-oh. Can I just add (without going off on one) that yes, I did take slight offence at her remark about TB's. Yes I've had a lot of vet bills, and yes he's caused a lot of worry, but he's the one nannying spooky cobs out! I know Heather and I think my boy was the TB she was on about :( Wimpy? He's braver than her cob, skitty? He controls himself. Wants to go into a ditch?? eh??
I personally wouldn't own a cob. I've ridden loads and know some great ones, but they're simply not for me. Everyone has their own individual preference.

Completely irrelevant, for one I was not going on about Handy at all as I said to you earlier today about not taking it personally because he's a genuinely good TB and a hell of a lot different from the rest. Also the comment about him being "braver" than Bella is completely untrue as we both know that they are as bad as each other when they get scared and you know it - remember our first hack together how bad they got?! Haven't replied to this for an argument but just wanted to get a few facts straight before people start judging me or Bella. :) And I will appologise now for any offence taken, yes I did say a few hurtful things but so have a lot of people on here hence my take on things! And yes maybe I did over exaggerate about Bella reaching silly miles an hour but I just wanted to get my point across that she nor any other cobs out there are lazy and can really move when they want to!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Completely irrelevant, for one I was not going on about Handy at all as I said to you earlier today about not taking it personally because he's a genuinely good TB and a hell of a lot different from the rest. Also the comment about him being "braver" than Bella is completely untrue as we both know that they are as bad as each other when they get scared and you know it - remember our first hack together how bad they got?! Haven't replied to this for an argument but just wanted to get a few facts straight before people start judging me or Bella. :) And I will appologise now for any offence taken, yes I did say a few hurtful things but so have a lot of people on here hence my take on things! And yes maybe I did over exaggerate about Bella reaching silly miles an hour but I just wanted to get my point across that she nor any other cobs out there are lazy and can really move when they want to!

I sense the end of a beautiful friendship.
S :D