Why do people want to own cobs?

Natch

Visit site
Naturally, ester's comment about my sig was not tongue in cheek. She was upset because I'd said she was brown nosing.

b***er it I've lots track of who said what he said she said nobody didn't do last tuesday. Apologies to all concerned :eek:

Tiffany

Visit site
we have a fat cob at our yard, we call him Belgain becasue he looks like a Belgian blue cow! :D His owner tries to hide the hairyness by shaving him but hes still a fat hairy cob underneath

if he was human he would be rab c nesbitt!

I find cobs quite offensive! I dont have a favourite type, I just dislike cobs - sorry cob lovers :D

Presume being a yard manager you wouldn't have cobs on your yard then?

glitterfuzz

Visit site
My thoughts exactly. It's obvious boring because it's not in agreement with GF.

its the personal attacks and ranting thats boring! If you dont agree with my opinion I dont really care! I dont like cobs, end of story, not amount of justifying it will make me change my mind, just stop being rude to each other and dont make this personal! :D

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Poor people buy cobs because they don't have to feed them much and they stay nice and fat. You can't buy saddles to fit (more money saved) and they don't need rugs because of all the hair and fluff.

JDChaser

Visit site
I'll never understand how someone can say they don't like a particular breed of horse, when all are individuals and should be approached as so. Just goes to show who the narrow-minded amongst us are, and who believes in stereotypes i suppose. You can't be an effective horserider if you judge a horse before you've even sat on them.

LittleSoph

southeastriders.myfanforum.org
its the personal attacks and ranting thats boring! If you dont agree with my opinion I dont really care! I dont like cobs, end of story, not amount of justifying it will make me change my mind, just stop being rude to each other and dont make this personal! :D

Actually, it's you that's boring. Who made you ruler of all? You're allowed to be rude to every cob owner on this forum yet you expect when you say 'just stop being rude to each other' we will just obey?
You can hypocrite to your CV, having the cheek to call me rude?! And I don't care how personally you take that, you're damn rude and have been from the beginning, so I'm just defending your 'attack', so to speak.

I really don't care if you like cobs or not, it's your manner, your front and your lack of tact that does it for me. As I said, you (not just you) lower the tone of the forum.

ETA: Sorry I forgot to smile....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And Shils, yes, sometimes, we are... :D :D :D :D

glitterfuzz

Visit site
Actually, it's you that's boring. Who made you ruler of all? You're allowed to be rude to every cob owner on this forum yet you expect when you say 'just stop being rude to each other' we will just obey?
You can hypocrite to your CV, having the cheek to call me rude?! And I don't care how personally you take that, you're damn rude and have been from the beginning, so I'm just defending your 'attack', so to speak.

I really don't care if you like cobs or not, it's your manner, your front and your lack of tact that does it for me. As I said, you (not just you) lower the tone of the forum.

.............. :D

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I dont own one and I take offence at the statements!!!

i agree with this

I'll never understand how someone can say they don't like a particular breed of horse, when all are individuals and should be approached as so. Just goes to show who the narrow-minded amongst us are, and who believes in stereotypes i suppose. You can't be an effective horserider if you judge a horse before you've even sat on them.

Nikki xxxx

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com

hey I object to that.... I judge EVERY horse before I get on it, including the ones stood on their back legs, breathing fire, after they've bitten me - that'd be the ones I don't get on! ;-)

JDChaser

Visit site
hey I object to that.... I judge EVERY horse before I get on it, including the ones stood on their back legs, breathing fire, after they've bitten me - that'd be the ones I don't get on! ;-)

I've worked with many horses who are terrors on the ground, but absolutely wonderful to ride. I even own one ;)

kezimac

Visit site
i dont mind cobs - good laugh, i have had cobs and loved them and done allsorts with them - i do prefer shorter stride - cant do huge striding warmbloods - but thats cos of my back injury.
My current horse is below - so is she classed as cob???? 15.3hh IDxTB

phone004.jpg

phone091-1.jpg

Last edited:

glitterfuzz

Visit site
i dont mind cobs - good laugh, i have had cobs and loved them and done allsorts with them - i do prefer shorter stride - cant do huge striding warmbloods - but thats cos of my back injury.
My current horse is below - so is she classed as cob???? 15.3hh IDxTB

phone004.jpg

phone091-1.jpg

no shes not black, white and hairy, you can see her face and she doesnt have beard and bin lid feet! :D Did you buy her from the gypsies for a fiver though? If so, she may be a cob in disguise!

jensheff26

Visit site
i love my little cob i wouldnt swap her for anything and iv just found out shes in foal so few months and i will have a cob foal too. im gonna be one proud nannie, cobs rule
DSC03360.jpg

Hedges

Visit site
I own an Oldenburg gelding and while I love him to bits, I know many cobs that are much better. Because of his pure breeding, my Monty has weakened back legs that mean he cannot take part in dressage or jumping as it causes too much stress.
Does that not prove that cobs are just as good as other horses? They're better than my warmblood....