Worst part of horses?

Love

Visit site
Just thought this could be a fun weekend thread - what would you say is the worst part about having/being around horses?

Mine are:
- constantly being covered in hair at moulting time
- bedding down a shavings bed after I've mucked out (don't know why, just hate doing it!)
- and most of all the smell of haylage that's gone off!!

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Just the mud. I love the rest of them the smell of them, the feel, cuddling a warm furry neck and making them a lovely snuggly bed , leaving a pile of hay the size of a small family car and tucking them into their PJ's. It's a wonder every day that these creatures share my life:D

Theocat

Visit site
I think it's just the bad days, when you ride like a gimp and/or the horse just isn't playing ball, and you got home stinking and tearful and wondering why you spend hundreds of pounds to feel like a miserable failure :(

I'd take any amount of mud or moulting hair over that! :p Good job the good bits make up for it :D

Tronk

Visit site
It's got to be poo picking - I detest it so I make myself do it twice a day so I never get a build up!

starryeyed

Visit site
Having to be outside in horrible weather, I get so jealous of everyone who gets to curl up on the sofa in front of a fire in the winter while I'm trudging around in the dark and the rain, up to my knees in mud! (But wouldn't have it any other way... ;))

Bobbly

Visit site
I don't get mud here so that's not an issue, my pony is white so dirt/stains are normal, my husband does the poo picking so that's ok, I don't mind mucking out on shavings, that's relatively easy but I do hate filling hay nets!! I have about 25 on the go for two boys so I tend to fill them all at once to minimise my hatred :)

maisie06

Visit site
Some of the people - have never met so many narrow minded and judgemental people since being involved with horses!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The constant worry: he's lame, he's too hot, I left a rug on him, should I go back? I constantly look at the weather forecast! The having to go to the yard and deal, even if I'm exhausted/ill.

The current worst part are the accidents, though :rolleyes: