Worst thing the cat's done.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
so this week 'someone' left a dead, half eaten, full grown hare just inside the hay barn door-which has a cat flap in it, that I managed to stand on in my slippers. I have no idea how one little cat got a full grown hare through a cat flap? I had words, I love hares. There's a distinct lack of bunnies atm so worried they've been hit by VHD as we had dozens late last year.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Current cat is pretty good - mainly because he is too lazy and stupid to come up with much mischief. He tried to bring a large rabbit inside recently and spent ages thudding himself and it at the cat flap ineffectually (my OH eventually woke up and dragged the cat inside leaving bunny outside). Apart from that he likes to sleep on cars so that tell tale line of muddy footprints is like a diy go faster stripe on all our vehicles.

My ex's cat on the other hand, was a menace. He would steal a piece of chicken off your fork on its journey from the plate to your mouth, he caught many many baby bunnies and stored them live in the bathroom, he opened the fridge regularly, he once ate an entire bottle of vitamin b12, I never came across a door he couldn't open, he terrorised the dogs.....
And his favourite of all tricks is the one he would pull out when he came in at 4am wanting feeding - if the usual meowing and pawing didn't work he would sit on the chest of drawers and systematically knock off the many things I kept on there until he got one that made a particularly loud noise, which would inevitably cause me to roll over and look at him to see him looking smugly down at me saying 'get the hell up and feed me peasant' (whereupon I would generally stagger sleepily onto the guts of the snack he'd had for himself before terrorizing me)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Oh wow hes stunning! Laughing at Aineetees Persian having the poo incidents unfortunately it's a hazard of fluffy britches it's a ragdoll thing as well that's resulted in the odd trip to the shower! The carpet has also been anointed as hes panicked and tried to er clean himself on the carpet 😳

He also likes to sex up the blanket and my arm. Even though he's done. Its really creepy when hes sexing up the blanket gazing up the bed at you as if hes errr fuelling his thoughts...

Violet

Visit site
Wiggo, named after Sir Bradley Wiggins is our hunter.
DSC_2204.JPG
He brings lots of bunnies in, mostly dead ones. When he was only 6 months old he left a large dead squirrel on the rug in the living room. He once brought a large Mallard in to the living room, alive! How he got it through the cat flap we don't know. He let go of it and then we were chasing a large flapping bird around the living room until we eventually got it to fly out through the patio doors and across the field to a pond. Luckily nothing was broken.
Every time I wash the white bathroom mats he brings in a midnight feast of mice and leaves some blood at the murder scene. During the bunny season we have to tread carefully as there are usually some guts left somewhere in the living room. The good thing about that is they are easier to get rid of than the feathers and down after a pigeon kill.
Another kill of his was the large stout I found in the living room once, to our great relief it was dead.
DSC_0696.JPG
There was also the time when he nearly knocked me out through the bedroom window upstairs. I had woken up by a noise and went over to the window and opened it fully to see what it was. Unfortunately Wiggo had jumped up on the top of the window and was balancing between window and roof. As I opened the window he lost his support and fell off, hitting me at the back of my neck on his way down to the lawn below. Luckily neither of us was injured.

I am hoping he won't take after Faracat's cat and attack a badger and bring it in.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Can't compete with the mis-doings of other felines on here (which are truly amazing), but my puss regularly brings in dead vermin and dumps it precisely where I put my foot when I get out of bed in the morning......... barefoot, so you step on something soft and squishy.

Truly delightful.

LadySam

Visit site
My darling departed boy Pushkin was mostly very well behaved but he had his moments.

- When he was a younger chap, his favourite toy was Mousie. Mousie was about the size of a small baby bunny and covered with rabbit fur. It had a little bit of weight to it, so with the fur between his teeth Push used to grab Mousie in his teeth and could really fling him about. Push never liked my mother, and when she came to visit one day he sat patiently in the top of his tall cat tree until she was absorbed in her crossword on the sofa. He flung Mousie at her from above as hard as he could. Mum screamed and swore at him. You’ve never seen a more smug cat.

- He wasn’t really a hunter and definitely not a killer. Nonetheless, once when he was being hassled by a gang of Noisy Miners (not mynahs but still birds) and getting very annoyed, he caught one, brought it inside, placed it in the corner of the living room behind the curtains and went back to lounging outside. It was like he was putting it in the naughty corner so he could have some peace. The bird was very confused but calm, with a distinct air of ‘What...just happened?’

Boulty

Visit site
56551693_2531935873491680_4471991240757346304_n.jpg

I have an update... this is now the worst thing Horace has done! (Had to glue the sodding thing back together as I'm having difficulty getting parts that fit for what is now a 5 or 6 year old catflap! We had to have a new pane of glass with the catflap embedded in it made for the door so I can't simply replace it with a new one without replacing the whole glass door!)

Rosemary28

Visit site
Ida (pictured) and her sister Lily climb on everything in the house. They also steal *everything*... I regularly find things upstairs and think "I'm sure that was on the table..." Lily climbs the dollshouse my mum gave me, and has managed to push two of the "windows" in whilst scrambling.

On the subject of cats and dolls houses though, we had an old cat called Sooty who always went in Mum's to sleep. When Mum got new kitten Mabel, she was absolutely tiny, and could get in through the front door of the house. Thing is, she is bigger now, and still likes to go in. Mum regularly comes home to find the front door of said dolls house on the floor with a very smug/sheepish cat nearby (mood depending on how stuck she got on her way in/out).

We also had a cat called Smudge who used to bring home all manner of creatures, the best two being:
- Baby rabbit that he brought home alive, Mum caught it and put it outside and it somehow survived the night in the guinea pig cage outside, so we had to find somewhere to release it.
-Baby rabbit that he brought home dead, and left right in the middle of my sister's bedroom floor. In the morning she stepped over it without seeing it, and only noticed it when she went back in to get something...

Twohorses

Visit site
OMG! My cats look like saints after reading this thread!

The worst my barn cat ever did was kill the baby birds that were learning to fly, after he would watch the mouse eat out of the cat food bowl.

RIP Admiral who passed from ear cancer after enjoying 13-1/2 of his 14 years keeping other cats and slithery critters out if the barn:)

My two house cats aren't nearly as entertaining as I thought, after reading this thread:)

This thread is the BEST laughter ever:)

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Just remembered this from my childhood in the 60s. One of our cats would climb under the car engine while dad hitched up the caravan, stay there while we slowly drove down our pot holed track to the road and then calmly appear when we reached our destination. She never got down when we stopped at traffic lights or for a toilet stop either.
She did it a few times despite our checks so we decided it'd be safer to bring her and her brother on all our caravan trips, travelling inside the caravan.

Boulty

Visit site
1556150145784.png
1556150263267.png

Update to the update! Also nearly fell off the (wet) glass conservatory roof today as he was too idiotic to stop himself thinking playing up there might not be a good idea! He also invaded the neighbours kitchen the other day & upended a scratching post today in tantrum when he wasn’t allowed back out to repeat nearly killing himself on the glass roof 🙈

Evie91

Visit site
My black and white cat used to love running and jumping in the empty bath to skid around, except she once did it when I was in a full bath! Don’t know who was more shocked me or her.
She once ran in from outside, did the biggest poop imaginable in the bath and ran outside again!!
The tabby hates us going away and I can guarantee on the day we get back she’ll poo in the house on purpose, last time fast asleep and she pooped on the en-suite bath mat so I was woken up by an awful stench- welcome home!
Black and white bought a mouse and dropped in front of us in the living room. Neither cat showed any interest in catching the mouse- had to buy an environmentally friendly trap to catch the poor thing!!

DSB

Visit site
Two brown snakes,both of which bit her,very very unwell but with treatment recovered.JRT,Lucy, has to date had three brown snake bites and one tiger snake,a very expensive dog.The record at our vets is Penny,who has survived SEVEN snake bites!