Worst thing the cat's done.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
How funny she's moved on to shredding paint brushes!

The sponge is usually locked away but it's so annoying to either have just got in the bath, or just got comfortable about to go to sleep, then suddenly remember you left the flipping sponge out!

Oh yes, it is much easier to remember to put paint brushes away than sponges! Just have to clean and dry them away from naughty Huffle's first!

smolmaus

Visit site
Nailed his father right in the sensitive parts while getting his eye drops in. Not sorry.
0M0wYM6l.jpg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I've gotten so good at either catching live mice, or coaxing them back outdoors, that my mum says I must have developed an ability to think like a mouse.

Wish I'd taken some pictures on the lizards Cilla used to catch in her cat enclosure some years ago. The one who sat close to ceiling over the chimneypiece would have made a nice photo.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Thought we had mislaid the Alley Cat- turns out in the 5-10 minutes I was out putting the washing out and OH was upstairs playing with PD, it had snuck in the horse cupboard, (big cupboard in the kitchen) got in the crisp box and ripped open a pack of cheddars and a pack of pop corn

Last edited:

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Orion’s current favourite activity is at about 6am (a full hour and a half before my alarm goes off) he goes into full zoomies mode. This includes: charging around making more noise than a herd of elephants, running across my face, leaping on the bed and waking the dog up, the dog is slightly scared of the cat so jumps off the bed, the cat chases the dog, the dog then jumps back onto my chest so I can save her from the devil spawn. Of course I am now awake and wondering why anyone would want animals and what on earth possessed me to let them sleep on my bed. On the plus side at least I’m awake in time for work??

but who could resist that face?!

7118E8C1-638B-416A-9DC3-55D7E8910FD9.jpeg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Brave! I pin Huffs down and give a bum wash with kitchen towels or cut it off ?.

I have the world's worst gag reflex, so can't cope with seeing the poo on the cloth! At least with the shower I can maintain distance! My mum with her ragdolls does what you do pinning them down and giving them a bum wipe with wet kitchen towels. I was looking after them last year, and one needed cleaning up, I put her in the bath and showered her and she kept making the most awful honking sound- never knew a cat could do it- all the while the other doll was digging the door to get in so I was actually finding the whole thing rather amusing- it was at the end of a stressful day so I was torn between laughing and crying!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I have the world's worst gag reflex, so can't cope with seeing the poo on the cloth! At least with the shower I can maintain distance! My mum with her ragdolls does what you do pinning them down and giving them a bum wipe with wet kitchen towels. I was looking after them last year, and one needed cleaning up, I put her in the bath and showered her and she kept making the most awful honking sound- never knew a cat could do it- all the while the other doll was digging the door to get in so I was actually finding the whole thing rather amusing- it was at the end of a stressful day so I was torn between laughing and crying!

The only time I’ve showered cats was #catpoogate when I moved house ?. One of Tiger or Lilly had an accident in the carry basket ? I had a freshly decorated, new carpeted house... it was lock them in the bathroom and hose them down or turn them loose ??.

wispagold

Visit site
I feel compelled to join in this thread today. Up until this point the worst thing my cat has done (other than be a walking vet bill on par with a horse) is leave me a live, wet bat in the shower and hundreds of dead, small rodents all over the house (the worst cases being the dead mouse hidden inside my Dublin River boot and the one I found melted into my slipper under the sofa).

Today he surpassed himself with bringing in a live, baby rabbit. My cat is tiny (3.5kg), said baby rabbit was a fairly good size. Unfortunately, despite being very much alive when dropped on the door mat it died of shock shortly afterwards, despite my attempts to revive it... Just what a heavily pregnant, hormonal person needs in their life.

Here is a photo of the mass murderer. He will be forgiven as he is a total Saint with my toddler.

IMG_20210227_171140_095.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I feel compelled to join in this thread today. Up until this point the worst thing my cat has done (other than be a walking vet bill on par with a horse) is leave me a live, wet bat in the shower and hundreds of dead, small rodents all over the house (the worst cases being the dead mouse hidden inside my Dublin River boot and the one I found melted into my slipper under the sofa).

Today he surpassed himself with bringing in a live, baby rabbit. My cat is tiny (3.5kg), said baby rabbit was a fairly good size. Unfortunately, dispite being very much alive when dropped on the door mat it died of shock shortly afterwards, dispite my attempts to revive it... Just what a heavily pregnant, hormonal person needs in their life.

Here is a photo of the mass murderer. He will be forgiven as he is a total Saint with my toddler.

View attachment 67149

Oh doesn't he look very stern there!

Shame the poor rabbit died, I used to have pet rabbits.

I like bats, did the bat in the shower survive?

I'd have died if I put my foot on a mouse! The added bonus of having indoor cats- no carcases to step on/ have to find ?

Supercalifragilistic

Visit site
I have always enjoyed this thread but had nothing to contribute... until last night...
Eldest child finally lost his very wobbly tooth at supper time. He put it on one side (whilst I quietly sweated about the loose change situation, or lack of, in the house). I forgot all about it until children’s bath time. Returned to the kitchen to find a smug looking cat and no tooth. Little minx had clearly munched it up ?. Proof that, if they were larger, they would indeed eat us!

I then did what any self respecting parent would do and wrapped a bit of tissue tightly in sellotape, told the child the tooth was in there and to stick it under his pillow without opening it. Tooth fairy duly delivered ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have always enjoyed this thread but had nothing to contribute... until last night...
Eldest child finally lost his very wobbly tooth at supper time. He put it on one side (whilst I quietly sweated about the loose change situation, or lack of, in the house). I forgot all about it until children’s bath time. Returned to the kitchen to find a smug looking cat and no tooth. Little minx had clearly munched it up ?. Proof that, if they were larger, they would indeed eat us!

I then did what any self respecting parent would do and wrapped a bit of tissue tightly in sellotape, told the child the tooth was in there and to stick it under his pillow without opening it. Tooth fairy duly delivered ?

I like your quick thinking! ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Today he surpassed himself with bringing in a live, baby rabbit. My cat is tiny (3.5kg), said baby rabbit was a fairly good size. Unfortunately, dispite being very much alive when dropped on the door mat it died of shock shortly afterwards, dispite my attempts to revive it... Just what a heavily pregnant, hormonal person needs in their life.

View attachment 67149

I can see evil in those eyes ......

Mine brought in an almost full grown and very alive rabbit once!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site

What is on earth got into your cat’s head to eat a tooth ??
I love this thread.

wispagold

Visit site
Oh doesn't he look very stern there!

Shame the poor rabbit died, I used to have pet rabbits.

I like bats, did the bat in the shower survive?

I'd have died if I put my foot on a mouse! The added bonus of having indoor cats- no carcases to step on/ have to find ?

Yes, there was a very positive outcome for the bat... Surprisingly! After some frantic searching on Google I found the number for a local lady who rescues bats. She came and collected him and then bought him back when he was fully recovered and released him. I still have her number saved in my phone... Under Batwoman (obviously).

I think putting your foot into a shoe with a dead mouse is probably preferable to a live one! That would have made me squeal! I have found quite a few in shoes, but I normally spot them before I put the shoe on! I have gotten quite good at catching mice and voles under pint glasses.

wispagold

Visit site
I can see evil in those eyes ......

Mine brought in an almost full grown and very alive rabbit once!

Wow! A full grown rabbit would be a similar size to my cat! I hope that isn't his next target!!

To be fair to him and his evil eyes he was having a mad 5 mins on the climbing frame! He is usually very cuddly and friendly (unless you are a small rodent!). He has to spend most of his time being invited to pretend tea parties and being forcibly spoon fed 'tea' and plastic fruit. I think he secretly loves it!