Worst thing the cat's done.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
She doesn’t seem too phased by it compared to last time. Saw OH’s dad fall foul of the Mabel eyes and slide her a bit of his bacon from his sandwich this morning so I feel progress is being made. Really, you’d have to have a heart of stone to resist the Mabel eyes.

Mum sent a photo of Teddy, she said he was extra cuddly when she popped in on him. I dread to think the amount of dead rodents we will come back to (his record was 4 left in the lounge when we went away for 2 nights) and the number of ticks he has accumulated.

I’d like to say it was pregnancy hormones but I know it’s not...I had a little teary session this morning about how much I miss him. It’s been less than 48 hours... 3559F4F1-A4B2-42E9-A386-E524594649B8.jpeg

DirectorFury

Visit site
She doesn’t seem too phased by it compared to last time. Saw OH’s dad fall foul of the Mabel eyes and slide her a bit of his bacon from his sandwich this morning so I feel progress is being made. Really, you’d have to have a heart of stone to resist the Mabel eyes.

Mum sent a photo of Teddy, she said he was extra cuddly when she popped in on him. I dread to think the amount of dead rodents we will come back to (his record was 4 left in the lounge when we went away for 2 nights) and the number of ticks he has accumulated.

I’d like to say it was pregnancy hormones but I know it’s not...I had a little teary session this morning about how much I miss him. It’s been less than 48 hours... View attachment 72262
I love his toe floof ?.

All suspiciously well behaved here at the moment, the Siamese has taken to jumping in the new fridge when you open the door so we can't use one shelf but that's pretty mild for her!

smolmaus

Visit site
Oh my goodness, Teddy is a very handsome boy!! ???

(Nobody tell MY handsome boy I said that, he is looking a bit bedraggled with the chronic goopy eyes at the minute and feeling sorry for himself)

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Oh my goodness, Teddy is a very handsome boy!! ???

(Nobody tell MY handsome boy I said that, he is looking a bit bedraggled with the chronic goopy eyes at the minute and feeling sorry for himself)
Well if you want handsome, no one will ever be as handsome as my Tulio who was sadly hit by a car about 18 months ago. He was part Maine coon (Teddy is supposedly part Maine coon, part Bengal, part something else!) and he was the love of my life before Teddy came on the scene. He was the chalk to Teddy’s cheese. He would roll on to his back and entice you in to his fluffy tummy for strokes and then launch himself at you. I always had at least 5 scratches per arm healing at any one time.

He also only tolerated being picked up like a baby and again would lie there sweetly until he decided he’d had enough and gave you 0.1 seconds to put him down before attacking. He had THE loudest meow. Broke my heart when he went, he was only 4 but he had a good life exploring

46BF3E20-2AFE-4F6E-B86E-DC1EF1CC375A.jpeg
BE3147F5-4EAD-4D45-9899-7EC0C530FCAE.jpeg

smolmaus

Visit site
Look on the RUFF on that lad!! You've had some luck to have two such gorgeous fellas in your life.

I made the mistake of joking to my partner that Duke is part Norwegian Forest Cat (he's 100% stray street cat with a fortunate genetic scramble) and now he is keeping it going. Every time Duke doesn't want to do something its "oh well they mustn't do it that way in Norway", "It isn't bedtime in Norway" ?

He does also have a good ruff though and the stupidest feather duster tail. He's more likely to be part Racoon.
zY02PQOl.jpg

VJSVKJVl.jpg

9tails

Visit site
Two live, shaken up and very vocal starlings brought in by Dinky. One yesterday during the day and one this morning at 6am. He brought each one in, put a paw on their back so they were spread eagled on the floor, then looked up at me proudly. Both very much alive, both very angry, both flew out with a final squawk when the cat paw was removed and the back door was opened.

I love feeding the birds, I've made a great discovery of Ultimate Fat Balls from Home Bargains and my feeding station is swarming with feathered friends. I'd just like the birds to not rummage around on the ground so that Dinky can present them to me as gifts.

Griffin

Visit site
Two live, shaken up and very vocal starlings brought in by Dinky. One yesterday during the day and one this morning at 6am. He brought each one in, put a paw on their back so they were spread eagled on the floor, then looked up at me proudly. Both very much alive, both very angry, both flew out with a final squawk when the cat paw was removed and the back door was opened.

I love feeding the birds, I've made a great discovery of Ultimate Fat Balls from Home Bargains and my feeding station is swarming with feathered friends. I'd just like the birds to not rummage around on the ground so that Dinky can present them to me as gifts.

Dinky is brilliant!

I love feeding the birds but I am always worried they will become a cat snack, so I compromise by getting my parents to feed the birds in their garden but I buy all the food for them. I do still have a bird bath (and a little bee drinking station) but I figure that the splashing water will deter cats.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
This one a first for me. A very big and very obviously pregnant and just about to give birth mouse. Somehow it seems more sad that the babies have died too, but that feels a bit silly when I'm happy enough for them to catch the adults.

Michen

Visit site
With the caveat that these two are the best of friends and spend hours grooming eachother...

B****** Bob would not let me catch him to take him to the vets for annual check up and vaccs. Eventually got him and he went to vets. When home he unleashed his fury on poor Pepper, I’m not sure what noise he is making but the poor dog was at least still wagging her tail whilst he hung off her face ?‍♀️

Vet described him as hench...

[video]https://youtube.com/shorts/xYmejHTJCRA?feature=share[/video]

ihatework

Visit site
This little ball of cuteness created mayhem in the early hours of this morning.
Released a live bird in the bedroom at 5am, which she and her partner in crime then proceeded to chase.
I wearily dragged myself out of bed, captured the terrified bird and opened the window to release it.
At which point the cat launched herself onto the window sill after it, teetered on the edge and then decided trying to fly probably wasn’t wise and made her way back in.

Unfortunately in my sleepy state I did not see her tail was still hanging out the window. So as I slammed it shut I found a cat launching herself at me, hair on end, claws out in some sort of comedy sketch.

There was blood. Lots of it. All mine. I feared I might have had a vital part of my anatomy amputed ?

The cat on the other hand ?‍♀️
E3230B09-A331-4CEC-8C5D-0084C24E45A1.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That's why mine are locked out. 98% of the time is lovely having them on the beds but I can't abide being woken up in the middle of the night by wildlife chases. She's a beautiful colour ?.

Last edited:

dogatemysalad

Visit site
The dog was holding another funeral today. Each time the cats bring back another victim, he lies silently beside the little body and looks at us with sorrowful eyes.
He had positioned himself between the cat and the dead mouse to prevent further desecration and disrespect. Once the cat sauntered away, he carried his dead friend and laid it gently on his bed for a period of mourning.
Henry's place in heaven is assured. The cats are going to hell.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
The dog was holding another funeral today. Each time the cats bring back another victim, he lies silently beside the little body and looks at us with sorrowful eyes.
He had positioned himself between the cat and the dead mouse to prevent further desecration and disrespect. Once the cat sauntered away, he carried his dead friend and laid it gently on his bed for a period of mourning.
Henry's place in heaven is assured. The cats are going to hell.
What a respectful sweet dog. Mabel tries to play with our daily morgue and/or eat it.

I spent my morning prising Teddy's jaw open to release a robin. Managed to release it and it rewarded me by flying full pelt into my face.

Then went back to my bowl of honey nut cornflakes and found Mabel with her head in my bowl.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
What a respectful sweet dog. Mabel tries to play with our daily morgue and/or eat it.

I spent my morning prising Teddy's jaw open to release a robin. Managed to release it and it rewarded me by flying full pelt into my face.

Then went back to my bowl of honey nut cornflakes and found Mabel with her head in my bowl.

I like Mabel....

Rosemary28

Visit site

Didn't want to laugh, but I couldn't help myself. Mabel is a legend. And clearly Teddy had missed you when you were away!

smolmaus

Visit site
He is VERY well camouflaged there to be fair. Poor birdies!

We have a hunger strike happening this morning. Vet finally suggested trying a fish-only diet to see if Duke's problems are allergy related and the high quality single protein salmon food is not good enough. Good news is if they really won't eat it, the ingredients are human grade so I can make fishcakes out of it ?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
He is VERY well camouflaged there to be fair. Poor birdies!

We have a hunger strike happening this morning. Vet finally suggested trying a fish-only diet to see if Duke's problems are allergy related and the high quality single protein salmon food is not good enough. Good news is if they really won't eat it, the ingredients are human grade so I can make fishcakes out of it ?

Huffle would only eat tuna from a can when she came back from the vets if that helps tempt him?

I offered mine prawns once as I had defrosted some and realized that they looked a bit past thier best (smelt ok just looked a bit like they had freezer burn), ungrateful retches refused them!

Can I nominate my parents dog for this thread too, my parents have laughed a lot at my stories of dead critters and Lilly-murder-cat but they now understand how grim it is. Ella vom'ed up a whole dead rat on their rug at the weekend :eek:, mum was devastated
1f923.png

Last edited:

smolmaus

Visit site
Huffle would only eat tuna from a can when she came back from the vets if that helps tempt him?

I offered mine prawns once as I had defrosted some and realized that they looked a bit past there best (smelt ok just looked a bit like they had freezer burn), ungrateful retches refused them!
He has since gone up to have a nibble. The other one, Marnie the garbage disposal who normally eats anything, is still holding out and has been caught eating the CARDBOARD PACKAGING the food comes in, I assume as a protest. They both ate it yesterday so I know it's not disgusting, they're just used to having different varieties every day which, sorry folks, is not going to work with an exclusion diet!

She is properly huffing now ?
LWtCONzl.jpg

I did the same thing during the week lol, finding cat treats without chicken in them is a nightmare so offered him both freeze dried prawns (no) and fresh prawns from my own dinner (also no). The cheek.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
He has since gone up to have a nibble. The other one, Marnie the garbage disposal who normally eats anything, is still holding out and has been caught eating the CARDBOARD PACKAGING the food comes in, I assume as a protest. They both ate it yesterday so I know it's not disgusting, they're just used to having different varieties every day which, sorry folks, is not going to work with an exclusion diet!

She is properly huffing now ?
LWtCONzl.jpg

I did the same thing during the week lol, finding cat treats without chicken in them is a nightmare so offered him both freeze dried prawns (no) and fresh prawns from my own dinner (also no). The cheek.
That’s some huff even by cat standards ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Trying to lie in after a long day driving and getting 2nd vaccine yesterday. PD didn't approve of this plan... unfortunately I can't upload the video

Shed been rootling around somewhere prior to this but...

First went the pen, which was a biro so made a nice clattering noise on the carpet, having been rolled across the book case to get there

Screenshot_20210606-104458_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-104512_Gallery.jpg
Next into orbit was my tweezers....

Screenshot_20210606-104542_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210606-104542_Gallery.jpg

We then considered the bottle of aloe Vera gel, but this was deemed a little heavy and awkward for the mitt. All the while, she's sat on a bottle of deodorant so there's the occasional sound of that rolling about

Screenshot_20210606-104632_Gallery.jpg

After each action, she checked if she was having any effect...

Screenshot_20210606-104658_Gallery.jpg

She then moved in for the big item - the pot containing a nail file and more tweezers, so of course multiple items clattered to the floor!

Screenshot_20210606-104715_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210606-104728_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210606-104738_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210606-104748_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-105905_Gallery.jpg