You know you are horsey when...

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
:eek:
When you get ready for a rare glamourous evening out - Hair done, Make up on, Jewlery carefully chosen to match beautiful floaty feminine dress, you pick up your delicate stilleto sandals, go to the door, pull on your wellies and call at the yard on your way to the "do" to top up haynet and do a quick skip out on your way there - and nobody on the yard thinks you look odd.

lol forgot about this one :D

Archangel

Visit site
You can lift 20kg as if it is a bag of feathers
You can use a broom efficiently, not just fanny about in a limp wristed manner
You have amazing core strength, blokes remark that you are 'very strong for a girl' as they limp off
You can walk through neck deep mud without losing pace
You look in bewilderment at people who put an umbrella up when it rains
You use a 12inch lethal looking knife to cut up the horse carrots

This one is probably only relevant to me :eek: carry an iron age flint in your handbag as it is brilliant at cutting baler twine.

And another...
have a rotting chop bone wrapped in a tissue in your handbag (you were saving it for the yard cat and forgot about it) :eek:

Pinkatc

Visit site
- Security guards at work refer to your beloved 4x4 as the mobile farmyard when searching it
- You refer to peoples and all species of animals feet as hooves - 'get your filthy hooves off the sofa!'
- Your phone screensaver is a picture of the horses rather than your husband/boyfriend/kids
I agree with the vetwrap comment, it also applies to baling twine!

Clannad48

Visit site
You're watching someone else go over a jump and 'jump' it with them even though you're not actually on a horse (like a lot of people watching the Grand Prix at Olympia last night).
When you reverse the wrong way in the supermarket carpark because you've not realised that you haven't got the trailer on the back
When people at work think you're mad for taking all the shredded paper home (great free bedding)
When you go furniture shopping and ask how many hands it is
Working out if the bed in the spare room is a double or kingsize by remembering which horse's rug is drying out on it (The OH went absolutely mental)

Clofox

Visit site
when..
you see all those delicious lik-it flavors and decide to treat your companion..but you have to try it first!
Your tack room and grooming kit are cleaner and more organised than your house will ever be..
Your social life evolves around your equines.. (but you wouldn't have it any other way!)
knee deep in poo? and your point is?!
Muck out and then eat? yeah, who cares!
perfume!? why bother? us horsey people have the best scent ever! and guess what!? it never ever leaves us not to mention our cars..
A date? how bout a romantic walk knee deep in mud and poo chased by the horses or we could even muck out together! or.. we could go on a hack.. i will ride and you will follow.. on foot!

Clofox

Visit site
oh and..
when you pass a golf course and cant help thinking what great grazing land it would make or not to mention a fabulous cross country course!
My dad would eat me if i told him this what i picture golf courses for:eek::D

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
When you sit on your arse of an evening with a laptop on your knee, drinking sherry, reading HHO posts all night............

Clannad48

Visit site
How could I forget this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you are sitting in a meeting at work checking figures on the laptop (!) when you splurt tea all over the keys because you are actually reading Hovis' Friday Diary

mik

Visit site
Excellent, all the above, glass of rioja, and laptop, planning gridwork class tomorrow, watching mock the week as well!! 5 dogs snoring on the sofa and around the laptop on me, OH off to do night hay.. What a life..

noblesteed

Visit site
When you're feeling sad and the ONLY person in the entire world who understands how you're feeling and can make things better is your lovely horse... Not your husband, best friend etc... Your horse is the first person you turn to for moral support...

maxapple

Visit site
The lady in tesco asks how many children you have got - as you are always popping in to get baby wipes, sudocream, Vaseline etc. Then she always looks really oddly at you when you tell her you have none - just horses!

bumblelion

Visit site
Forgot this one- when you're bedding down and missed some poos in the banks and pick them up with bare hands, then lob them out of stable into the wheelbarrow!

Bikerchickone

Visit site
When you start calling housework "mucking out"....

When you have to wade through wellies, muckers, coats, gloves.... just to get to the front door.

When you start commenting on quality of leatherwork on the high street, when shopping with friends.

In fact, friends don't invite you anywhere because you always turn up in muddy clobber and smell of mud.

Your hair-style is... actually, WHAT HAIRSTYLE????? Hair - in winter, lives under a permanent hat.

This!!! It's exactly me these days! Oops better go muck out my house before the relatives descend for Christmas dinner! Lol!!

Ideal

Visit site
What a great thread , I nodded my head in agreement at nearly all of them . Certainly good reading on my night shift !! :D

rucky

Visit site
You think its acceptable to wipe your horses nose with a tissue.. like a child..then accidentally use it yourself later :$:-D

Hahaha.. One time or the other,I've done this! lol,but I don't mind at all!

HeatherAnn

Visit site
When you get home from the yard, after being wrapped head to toe in winter clothes, yet still find straw/hayalge in your bra, knickers and socks.

When you don't want to eat too many sugary things incase it makes you "fizzy"

brigantia

Visit site
HILARIOUS!!! :D

When Hubby is standing in front of the fridge or blocking a doorway, you put a firm hand on his flank and make clucking noises to move him.

When on a country walk, you take care climbing over stiles onto main roads for fear of "spooking" passing bicycles.

People are so used to see you riding your horse that when you go for a walk sans pony, the populace inquires if your horse is lame or ill. :cool:

NOBODY ever asks you for a lift because your car smells like a muckheap.

At the supermarket your purchases consist of carrots, apples, Polo mints, a horsey mag, and Vaseline. The cashier locks eyes with you and immediately tells you all about HER three horses and you get in this deeply involved horsey conversation while a long queue of fuming shoppers forms behind you. :D

When shopping, you despair of shoddily made high street fashion clothes because they don't hold up like well made equestrian gear.

When on a business trip you take your full length riding rain coat with the wrap around leg straps, etc., along because that's the only thing that will *really* keep off the rain.