An Introduction

shanti

Visit site
Oh, he is just lovely! Congratulations! He has such a beautiful kind head 🥰
I have always wished I could ride tall horses, but I am much too short.

Cavalier

Visit site
Oh wow, he’s fabulous. I hope you have a wonderful time together and I look forward to reading about the journey

Floofball

Visit site
Lovely post to wake up to this morning 👍🏻 (although I didn’t know about Pickle 😔) Charlie looks fabulous! Wishing you all the very best with him and I’m looking forward to lots of Charlie spam on HHO 😁

Trouper

Visit site
Only been away from the screen for 24 hours and look what I've missed!!! Totally drop-dead gorgeous and already tapping fingers impatiently for the next round of photos.

I really don't get this worry about horse height. Riding a 17+hh ID was just no different from my 16.2 ex-racer (also ridden by F Dettori but less successfully!!) and I just love the long powerful striding of a big horse. Yes - older bones need a bigger mounting block and having to get off at all out hacking can be a bit challenging - but, hey ho, if that is the only thing to worry about life can't be all that bad.

So after all your problems this last year - onwards and (literally!) upwards!! He is one lucky boy to have found you.

GreyDot

Visit site
He does seem to be the lovliest, most gentle character and the trainer's wife was in a flood of tears as I took him away, she wanted to keep him.

I've always loved riding big horses, I just use bigger mounting blocks as I get older 😁
Always a good sign when the previous owner cries when they leave! Not nice for them, but a sure indication the horse is lovely. Congratulations, he is beautiful.

Asha

Visit site
Very exciting , he’s gorgeous 😍
Size doesn’t matter , I mean there’s only approx 20cm difference between him and a 15.2 ..
hope you have loads of fun

Wizpop

Visit site
What a gorgeous boy, with a lovely eye too. Horses,other animals and people come along at the right time for us and it looks as though the stars were aligned for both you and Charlie. So sorry to read about Pickle, I missed that.
Wishing you lots of fun, love and happiness- onwards and upwards.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Well done YCBM - he is lovely!

I, too, have a Charlie who came into my life just under a year ago after I had lost two horses in quick succession. Mine is TBxWB, has fabulous movement and is generally a lovely "person" in so many ways. He's also "posher" than any horse I ever thought I would own and my biggest yet at a mere 16.1hh. He also has a lovely head and a kind eye and my comment when I bought him was that he frightened me witless but I thought he was a dude and so he has proved. My Charlie shares a field with Betty (Elizabeth) so we refer to them collectively as "the royals".

Given that mine is nearly three times your Charlie's age, I am hoping for a few more years but counting my blessings every day.

Here's to all the Charlies!

Nicnac

Visit site
Oh he is beautiful. What a stunning boy with such a kind eye. Wishing you lots of fun with him and that he makes your heart sing again.