Another fatal dog attack

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Well, everyone wants to be like, "See, they're not bad/evil/dangerous/aggressive..."

And they go to stupid lengths to "prove" that.

Really, you're comfortable with a dog that has a biteforce that exceeds that of a lion next to your baby. The dog that you couldn't be arsed to train. Or the dog that was a rescue with an unclear history. Or the dog that has instincts that you cannot control.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
A friend had one-the loveliest natured dog but hideous!
my aunt (who has always owned mastiffs previously and now has a staffy), had one who was lovely, but crikey the slobber...

Mind you, all her dogs are lovely. I can't recollect ever even seeing one run inside, she just seems to have a talent for producing supremely relaxed mastiffs

SilverLinings

Visit site
Well, everyone wants to be like, "See, they're not bad/evil/dangerous/aggressive..."

And they go to stupid lengths to "prove" that.

Really, you're comfortable with a dog that has a biteforce that exceeds that of a lion next to your baby. The dog that you couldn't be arsed to train. Or the dog that was a rescue with an unclear history. Or the dog that has instincts that you cannot control.
Absolutely. It's like some weird, twisted attempt at a macho display of power (i.e. they exert such control over a massive dog that the dog wouldn't touch their snack-sized baby), when in reality all they are signalling is what an appalling parent they are. It's as dumb as holding your baby whilst you speed along on a motorbike, or leaving illegal drugs within a toddler's reach.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Another incident, two people airlifted to hospital. Statement from North Wales police.

Four people have been injured following a dog attack in the Pwllheli area.

Police attended an address in the Rhoshirwaun area shortly before 11.30am on Friday, November 17th in response to reports of a dangerous dog incident.

Emergency services attended the scene which subsequently resulted in two people being airlifted to hospital with serious injuries. A further two people sustained minor injuries.

Following the incident, a total of 37 dogs and a number of cats have been seized from the address. The dog involved in the incident was destroyed and is yet to be examined by a vet to establish the breed.

There continues to be a police presence in the area whilst our enquiries continue.

Chief Superintendent Sian Beck said: “We understand this was a concerning incident in the local area and wish to reassure the community that there is no further risk to the wider public.

“We have launched a joint investigation with the RSPCA and are appealing for anyone who may have information about the dogs located at the property to contact us.

“We would like to thank members of the local community for their patience and support whilst we were in attendance at this incident.”

Anyone with information that may help in our investigations should contact us via our live webchat online, or by calling 101, quoting reference A182569.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Does anyone know how you report a suspect puppy farm? I regularly walk past a set of sheds with no windows where multiple dogs with high pitched voices (ie they don't sound like guard dogs) can be heard barking. The sheds on are the far bank of a canal, out into a rough semi industrial wastland area, well away from any prying eyes. I'm very suspicious.

conniegirl

Visit site
Does anyone know how you report a suspect puppy farm? I regularly walk past a set of sheds with no windows where multiple dogs with high pitched voices (ie they don't sound like guard dogs) can be heard barking. The sheds on are the far bank of a canal, out into a rough semi industrial wastland area, well away from any prying eyes. I'm very suspicious.
I believe you report them to the council, but i think the police may be able to point you in the right direction also as they are often linked to organised crime

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I should report this, shouldn't I? What other reason can there be to have multiple dogs out there in 2 sheds with no living space anywhere nearby?

Screenshot_20231119_090736_Google%20Earth.jpg

Errin Paddywack

Visit site

Ratface

Visit site
Yes I would definitely report that, sounds very dodgy.
I agree. There are a group of "settled travellers" who are landside to our boatyard. When I walk up to the showers I always hear loud and continuous high-pitched barking. I've reported it to local police, Local Council, RSPCA, MP. No response. No feedback. No change.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
As a complete aside, I've only ever read anything from the more, shall we say, outré red-top papers through links to articles on here. The "journalism" and phrasing used is interesting, to say the least.......

As opposed as I am to the types of dogs usually involved, referring to them as "brutes", "crazed", etc. is hardly helpful, accurate nor ethical.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
As a complete aside, I've only ever read anything from the more, shall we say, outré red-top papers through links to articles on here. The "journalism" and phrasing used is interesting, to say the least.......

As opposed as I am to the types of dogs usually involved, referring to them as "brutes", "crazed", etc. is hardly helpful, accurate nor ethical.
Totally agree.

Landcruiser

Visit site

What could possibly go wrong?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

SilverLinings

Visit site

Re the first link, great that they are demanding access to the beach for the poor dog, but they don't say anything about the dog's temperament, likes/dislikes, health etc. Very odd add, doesn't sound like they care about the dog or are sad about rehoming him.

Re. the second link, see my previous post about the large number of pet breeders breeding anything with a uterus to the nearest and cheapest source of sperm- that advert provides unfortunate confirmation. I can't really imagine how the puppies will look as adults, although I doubt they will all look the same :oops:

I'm Dun

Visit site
Re. the second link, see my previous post about the large number of pet breeders breeding anything with a uterus to the nearest and cheapest source of sperm- that advert provides unfortunate confirmation. I can't really imagine how the puppies will look as adults, although I doubt they will all look the same :oops:

SilverLinings

Visit site
Crumbs, some interesting looking dogs there! There seems to be a lot of dachshunds for sale on the website I linked to. French bulldogs seem very popular still. I find it a bit disappointing to see that and other breeds known for breathing issues still so common.

I know what you mean, I can't believe that in a country where most people are educated and literate to some degree, and where we have animal welfare legislation and the ability to find reputable information online, people still choose to breed and buy breeds of dog (and other animals) whose conformation means that they are destined to suffer to a greater or larger degree. How can any adult listen to the strained breathing of a flat-faced breed and not be able to imagine how uncomfortable and difficult life is for the dog? We know that a wheezing human is struggling to breath. Or is it just that some people honestly don't care/consciously ignore the issues in order to own a dog they see as covetable?

I despair of humans sometimes, we aren't as evolved or civilised as we like to think we are.