Another fatal dog attack

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Shocking...

Ok, I hate ladbible, but many of us saw this coming. It's never going to end over there. I guess keep putting restrictions. Maybe one day England will only be breeds less than 20lbs and everyone can feel safe? That seems to be where things are heading unless there is some sort of societal shift of sorts.

bonny

Visit site
Shocking...

Ok, I hate ladbible, but many of us saw this coming. It's never going to end over there. I guess keep putting restrictions. Maybe one day England will only be breeds less than 20lbs and everyone can feel safe? That seems to be where things are heading unless there is some sort of societal shift of sorts.
Maybe that would be a good thing, apart from wanting a big fierce looking dog there is no reason for anyone to have a potential killer in their house or walking round in public.

fankino04

Visit site
I did meet a young couple a few years ago out walking an anatolian shepherd that they had rehomed via a rescue (foreign one I think), they were clearly scared when they saw someone with another dog as the dog was "unpredictable " with other dogs. Why would a rescue give this type of dog to a couple that were so inexperienced that they were visibly frightened walking the dog???

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Maybe that would be a good thing, apart from wanting a big fierce looking dog there is no reason for anyone to have a potential killer in their house or walking round in public.

It probably will be a good thing in a population full of dumbarses, quite frankly.

So many dogs are potential killers or "big and fierce looking" so I guess the dog population will be drastically cut or culled. I mean, some are afraid of anything over 20lbs. Or anything that isn't what they have big and fierce looking. Honestly, it's a mess.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Seriously… I’m terrified.
Laughing aside, it was a lab that nearly took me out 😳.

I had ordered a horsey item and needed to collect it in person from a mixed training livery yard.

The non horsey husband answered the doorbell, and disappeared back inside the house to get my stuff, leaving the resident dogs unattended. I retreated back out on the yard. A large lump of a lab came gallumping up to me gormlessly to say hello. It wasn’t at all aggressive, but neither did it stop at my feet as I was expecting, and it hurled itself up at speed up with its front paws on my chest nearly knocking me flat on my back onto concrete. As it is, I ricked my back trying to keep my balance as I so nearly fell backwards.

So yes, size matters.

No hint of an apology from the bloke, either.

Last edited:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Well if anyone's looking there are three Caucasian pups being offered from a rescue near here, but without much interest, apparently - they've been offering them for nearly two months now.

I've only ever been properly bitten twice in my life; one was a miniature poodle, and the other was a hugely fat pet labrador guarding a sausage.

SAujla

Visit site
Me too!

@SAujla has met him, can vouch for what a lovely dog he is.View attachment 131880
A wonderful dog. Clover isn't always keen on new dogs, she prefers to explore alone. She saw Toby and made herself small, Toby did absolutely nothing and Clover bounced up and thoroughly enjoyed his company. He's got a wonderfully calm temperament

Clodagh

Visit site
Laughing aside, it was a lab that nearly took me out 😳.

I had ordered a horsey item and needed to collect it in person from a mixed training livery yard.

The non horsey husband answered the doorbell, and disappeared back inside the house to get my stuff, leaving the resident dogs unattended. I retreated back out on the yard. A large lump of a lab came gallumping up to me gormlessly to say hello. It wasn’t at all aggressive, but neither did it stop at my feet as I was expecting, and it hurled itself up at speed up with its front paws on my chest nearly knocking me flat on my back onto concrete. As it is, I ricked my back trying to keep my balance as I so nearly fell backwards.

So yes, size matters.

No hint of an apology from the bloke, either.
The only real injury I’ve had from a dog, I did post on here, a chocolate Labrador dog ran full pelt at me, took off and hit me mid thigh. I thought he’d dislocated my hip, it definitely did some ligament damage and I had a truly impressive bruise.
So yes, size matters but training matters more.

I am a bit conflicted about the XL bullie ban, they’ve been bred in such a short time to be as big and muscular and threatening as possible, there hadn’t been time for any genetic sorting. Also (and this is a sweeping statement) I personally cannot see why anyone ‘normal’ would choose the breed to be a pet.

Last edited:

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
The thing is that it seems to be hard for people to be "real" with themselves about the type of dog they they need and can actually manage and care for.

There are other breeds that I admire, but know they wouldn't be suitable. So I don't have one.

The thing is that I have land, a large fenced space, own my home, have some small livestock, and also live rural adjacent to a large nature preserve with trails, plus have experience with the 2 breeds I have and socialize them. I'd be an absolute idiot to have either of these 2 dogs in a flat in the city, or in an instance where I couldn't devote the time for training and exercise.

People don't think about these things sometimes.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I know you were joking. No need to remove your post.

Alright then. I removed the post because based off of your initial response, I thought that it must be a bad joke or perhaps I shouldn't joke about a serious matter. Granted, that usually doesn't stop me...

Therefore, the post has been restored!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I don't know that anyone on here has a XL Bully, because as mentioned, no one has come forward.

I've been told that I have a similar dog, alike dog, or "type" of dog, I can't recall the exact verbiage. So I'm probably the main degenerate here.