Another fatal dog attack

GSD Woman

Visit site
I've only met one Black Russian Terrier. It was years ago and he was owned by his breeder. She had trained him and he behaved. I believe she had him entered in the Novice obedience.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I have known a couple of Black Russians. One was a police dog belonging to a friend's BIL who was a police dog handler and had persuaded his local branch to let him try one. Very successful dog that worked with and retired with him. I met a woman walking two and it turned out they were from the same breeder. Lovely dogs but not for the average pet home. I see the report says he died from a heart attack but no way of knowing I guess what came first.

gunnergundog

Visit site
I have known a couple of Black Russians. One was a police dog belonging to a friend's BIL who was a police dog handler and had persuaded his local branch to let him try one. Very successful dog that worked with and retired with him.
Was this Mig with John from the Warwickshire c2005? If it was, he was a one-off and they went back to Rotties for their take-out dogs.

skinnydipper

Visit site
Last edited:

Jenko109

Visit site
I'm just so done with it all.

I'm sick of the stupid comments all over facebook

'Its the owner, not the dog'
'Chihuahuas are more dangerous'
'They're nanny dogs'

A video came up on FB reels (with no trigger warning) of a pitbull/XL type dragging its owner over to another woman walking her dogs and subsequently attacking them. It traumatised me for days.

Regardless of if you like the breed or not, how can people be so absurdly stupid that they cannot understand why these dogs should not be on this earth?!

I am lucky in that my local walks around our streets are plagued with Cockerpoos and jolly Labradors. I have seen nothing more than the very occasional Staffy.

My walks further afield are in areas that are not close to housing estates so you physically have to drive there. Plus we walk these areas super early.

But I do carry a knife. A legal carry I might add before someone comes for me 😅. I have this maybe irrational (but then maybe not!) fear of coming across one of these dogs dumped out in these remote areas in the early morning and having to defend myself or my dogs.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I'd thought there were less of them round here as not seen one for a while then seen two this week. One muzzled being walked in a popular on lead walking spot locally, on a flexi lead like that's going to do much if it decides to go so that's trusting the muzzle fits and does the job. The second we walked in through gates it was fixing on us. Just feck off! We turned and walked the other way.

Then another at a bus stop on a busy road near my house, on lead but not muzzled.

Worryingly both new to me. Not seen the white one walked on prong collar nor the dark one that caused me to manhandle my OH and literally launch Ivy into the back of the car.

SilverLinings

Visit site
I'm not sure it's very reassuring that the other dog (of the two who were fighting) wasn't also destroyed. It's a 'pitbull' type, but I suppose may not have been the instigator of the fight, or have been involved in the attack on the woman. I hope people who own similar dogs read the article and realise how dangerous it is trying to break up a fight between dogs like that.

GSD Woman

Visit site
There was a fatal dog attack close to me, about 80 miles south. A woman was killed by her 3 pit bulls. The comments on the story were classic. "It was how they were raised. They must have been abused or trained to fight." I commented that it is genetics. But, as Ron White says, you can't fix stupid.

Aru

Visit site

SilverLinings

Visit site
Not sure this situation is necessarily going to end well: Police tazered a Kangal in Reigate after trying to get it under control for over an hour (it was running amok in public). A man who appears to be the owner was arrested for 'being drunk and disorderly, making threats to kill and assault of an emergency worker' and the dog has now been returned to the owner :oops:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I do wonder what owners would say if asked why they have a type dog or why they're walking them without muzzles. My OH made off in the opposite direction to one this week so I was very wary going to the same place but Mitch can't yet go to the woods and the other park is full of kids doing football, it's the local youth league. Fortunately, all was good in the park bar bouncy black lab threatening to knock me over, he's done it before but the owner grabbed him today.

GSD Woman

Visit site
I was helping a friend and her friend with their dogs. The one was nervous about EVERY THING!! The dog could be really nice with another owner.

She was sitting on some steps and I had to give her a heads up since there was an out of control lab headed straight towards them. The owner looked like she was water skiing. She managed to drag her lab away and apologized. Poor thing looked like the lab weighted more than she did.

The rest of the dogs we saw looked under control. And I got the woman who a friend of my friend finally calmed down. And the dog had a great experience with a young child. And there was a pit bull near the woman's car when we were getting ready to leave. It almost did her in.

And know I'm going to have to look up XL bulllies.