Any thoughts ?

Asha

Visit site
thanks for the good wishes .
I’ve spent the day sitting with him and his mum in his stable . There’s no change , but at least he’s not worse

Asha

Visit site
Still a high temp this morning, I was able to do his injection while he was lying down 😔
Still eating though , he did manage a drink off his mum like this
I’ve watched him through the night and he has been standing and drinking.
No scouring and no swelling . I wish these antibiotics would kick in

Attachments

• IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 45

Asha

Visit site
Thanks everyone. He was scanned from head to to , so no joint infection, lungs etc all good . Bloods where high can’t remember the name but should be 0 , was 1900 . Clear indication of a virus . So they are pumping him full of meds .
He was a superstar last night . So well behaved . The only thing he didn’t like was the bandage going around his neck . Everything else he just took it like a pro .

Yes , mum is with him .

I just don’t understand where he’s picked a virus up from . None of ours have been off the yard .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hoping to goodness that he makes it Asha, it's a fight when they are so young. Everything crossed here for little Rocky.

meleeka

Visit site
Just seen this. Sending tonnes of goodvibes for Rocky. Dragging a back leg could be swelling of a lymph node, if it’s trying to fight an infection. Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon x

Asha

Visit site
Went to see him this morning, to me he looks worse . Seems to have dropped weight overnight and looking very sad . Although he gave me a kiss. Vet says temp down a little from 38.7 to 38.3
They are taking him off the metacam to see if that’s masking any issues .
I’m so worried, I think I’m going to lose him 😞

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    694.3 KB · Views: 35

nagblagger

Visit site
Sending healing vibes from Dorset.
Remember he may be feeling worse due to the antibiotics and the stress of being in horsepital, he's in the right place where they can give additional supportive fluid etc if needed.
Keep fighting Rocky.