Avoid buying a horse with these names

cyberhorse

Visit site
Pog

Slight vowel mix-up with hindsight... ate like a pig, turned it's stable into a pig-sty in record time, and rolled in mud like a pig (including when you were riding him). At least he taught me speed dismounts and exits which has saved me a broken leg on a few occasions later in life.

I also know of a horse who is named after a popular selling item you might find in an adult shop, fine when at stud slightly more embarrassing at a show!

Hedwards

Visit site
Pog

Slight vowel mix-up with hindsight... ate like a pig, turned it's stable into a pig-sty in record time, and rolled in mud like a pig (including when you were riding him). At least he taught me speed dismounts and exits which has saved me a broken leg on a few occasions later in life.

I also know of a horse who is named after a popular selling item you might find in an adult shop, fine when at stud slightly more embarrassing at a show!

hahaha! that reminds me of a pony at my old RS who was officially named Spot, although was re-named Gip - he was backward thinking and looked like a pig so Pig backwards seemed like a better name for him! - He was an absolute knobber and would regularly send small children flying through the air and then buck and fart galloping around the arena squealing with joy!

cyberhorse

Visit site
hahaha! that reminds me of a pony at my old RS who was officially named Spot, although was re-named Gip - he was backward thinking and looked like a pig so Pig backwards seemed like a better name for him! - He was an absolute knobber and would regularly send small children flying through the air and then buck and fart galloping around the arena squealing with joy!

Love it! also works on the basis any child allocated this pony for their lesson might feel a bit apprehensive and "gippy"

Mlini

Visit site
BRIAN!! The two Brians that have ever graced me with their prescence had been absolute *****s.

I don't like human names. We have a (not so steady) Eddie, a Sam, a Norman, a Heidi, the aforementioned Brian... the list is endless!

I also don't like stupid names like mine... Socks - because he has four socks! :rolleyes:

LeneHorse

Visit site
We had an entry for RC show one year and pony's name on the form was Dismal which we thought was a bit unfortunate - but it turned out the kid had bad handwriting and it was actually called Disney (which is not much better - especially in scotland where it could be referred to as 'disney jump', 'disney load'...etc).

debsg

Visit site
Love Ian/Trevor/Colin/Brian :D :D
Best so far is Rhubarb the TB! :D :D
My cob mare was very imaginatively (not!!) named Blaze when I bought her, and I vowed to change it. 6 and a half years down the line she's still Blaze! Can't bring myself to change it ;D
Jasmine (jet black, thinks she's royalty ;) ) was nicknamed Devil Spawn and Psychobitchfoal of the Universe by my daughter, who also wanted her freezemarked 666
(had already been taken - boo!) but she's grown up to be really rather sweet (Jasmine - not daughter, lol)
It's a very great responsibility, naming an animal/child. :D :D

Flummoxed

Visit site
This thread has brought back memories of a poem I loved as a child. Thanks to Google I have identified it as being "Lorraine" written by Charles Kingsley. The horse's name was Vindictive.

That's all.

Avonbrook

www.avonbrookstud.co.uk
We've had to Billy's and they've both been trouble, one more so than the other!
We called them billy the bas***ds! Lol

:D We had one of those in a 10.2hh incarnation. Okay on the lead rein otherwise heaven help the child if the adult was ever further than arms length away.

I once knew a mare called Virtue. That was a triumph of hope over reality. I also knew one called Shanghai (which was apparently a name for a form of high speed kidnap) so the clue was in the name for those sufficiently well educated :rolleyes:

Mine seem to end up with people names, especially the colts... The new week old chap appears to be an Albert :confused: (I don't know, the names just arrive!) and will be over 16.2hh so it will fit when he grows up. He is "little Alb" at the moment :p

kaiko

Visit site
I have a Leon (30yr old section C), spent most of my childhood screaming his name as he's a opinionated little monster and then I dated a guy called Leon for a few years. That made for a good few jokes, felt weird saying his name though lol.

I've had a Meg, Tequila, Mow and Magic too. All got nicknames but I have never actually changed their names.

I knew of a Bimbo, dark bay gelding that was built like a brick *****house when I was a kid. Seemed odd!

maree t

Visit site
My daughters pony is called rufus, we thought about changing his name at the start but it grew on us.
Pony at the local riding school was called ferret, they renamed her pink pony.........guess what colour she was !!

micramadam

Visit site
Norman. Who names a horse Norman?

Gets Normie or the Norminator or Grumpy Git!
Have a Ruby and yes she has to be treated like a precious gem literally wrapped up in cotton wool.
Also have a Four (Four Seasons) or inappropriately 'Little Man' - he's 16.2 at 21 months old!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
LOL - that is so funny, will make me smile all day !!!
Not funny when I will be taking him BS and have to use the passport name for registration.

Who in their right mind would call a horse 'It's a nice colour'

I can hear the comments now the first time I get eliminated
"never mind, at least its a nice colour" :mad:

Only saving grace is it is a nice colour
Picture041.jpg

Last edited:

muddygreymare

Visit site
Thought of some more! I knew a little games pony called Nifty... he was far from it :p Was incredibly cute though! Also, at my old yard there was a Shetland youngster called Blossom, she didn't like me... She used to rear when I was handling her and she didn't want to do something, and she double barreled me twice! She was cute and was good 75% of the time, but for some reason she just didn't like me :p:D