Bad weather coming

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
we have the same HeyMich, all my latches/bolts etc were frozen shut-failed to get car to farm this morning so walked the last mile to feed the ponies-who were very frosty! beautiful morning though, the dogs are ecstatic.

southerncomfort

Visit site
My boiler has frozen. :( Thank goodness for the log burner in the living room or I'd be frozen too. My gloves got stuck to the metal field gate this morning.

Antw23uk

Visit site
We had slushy snow yesterday afternoon which soon part melted, followed by it freezing after dark and fresh snow falling on top. It's left everywhere icy, and as scats says, car doors frozen shut. OH has been retired for 21 months, so normally he wouldn't have had to venture out today, but he's on jury service atm so had to make a 35 mile journey this morning.

I had put rock salt down on my paved yard area yesterday but it didn't melt all of the snow/ice.

View attachment 29101

I kept 2 in overnight and will put them out later.

Your yard looks lovely.

oldie48

Visit site
t was very cold overnight and there was quite a frost this morning but now it is just a beautiful sunny day, blue skies without a cloud and the arena and fields have defrosted. I need my thermals though!

SEL

Visit site
For once the roads in Bucks / Ox were actually really good this morning - all credit to the gritting team who I saw out in force last night. I also don't think it got as cold as they were expecting down here in the sunny south east. I've turned a happy Ardennes out and a rather silly Appy - who was warned that if she was an idiot then she'd have to have a duvet day. Message got through and she was very sensible walking to the field thankfully. Blue sky now - its gorgeous. Here's the view from the top of the muck heap!!!muckheap.jpg

Visit site
It's been another sunny but cold day here! I would take this over wind and rain ANY day of the week! You can wrap up against the cold but the wet just makes you miserable!