Badminton 2023 thread

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread with updates as I don't have the live feed due to slow broadband.

It's given me a good insight into what has been happening

Thank you
Same here. Thanks everyone it’s been good to keep up with what’s been going on.

DiNozzo

Visit site
Graffalo and ros are incredible!! What a round

Did anyone else find it slightly odd how positive TC was about Oliver 🙈 his round on SS was appalling and its like it was completely forgotten about... maybe I'm wrong

Riding like ros and WFP was great to see
Well I'm going to say it... I like Oli 😂

I have to say, I do think people are quick to criticise him. I didn't see him earlier, but I started just as the news hit that he wasn't on course anymore, and it was very confused about what had actually happened.

anguscat

Visit site
Well I'm going to say it... I like Oli 😂
Well I’m going to say it…if I was an owner, after this second episode of not making the right call for the horse I’d be settling my bills, arriving with my lorry and driving away with my horses in it.
He’s no longer a ‘wet behind the ears’ rider at this level.

PipsqueakXy22

Visit site
I have to say, I do think people are quick to criticise him. I didn't see him earlier, but I started just as the news hit that he wasn't on course anymore, and it was very confused about what had actually happened.
I think just because people know what he can be like and his track record hasn’t been great for putting the horses first, but the round on ballagmore class was fine I’m sure he knows what he’s doing so rode how he needed to, so we’ll done to him getting round in that time

PipsqueakXy22

Visit site
gosh what a tricky year it’s been, no one made it inside the time, but huge well done to everyone who made it round in one piece! And to everyone else who made it back safely to the stables

DiNozzo

Visit site
On a different note, I think that was the best course we've had for years. Well done Eric Winter.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
On a different note, I think that was the best course we've had for years. Well done Eric Winter.
I agree. It was properly unlucky to end up with such ground to make it ride so "badly" for want of a better word! Plus the less than ideal prep runs for horses won't have helped. Some of the riders made it look easy.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Regarding the remarks about Ollie, maybe this someone who used to work there left on a bad note so is putting out something to get back at him.. I think he is very competitive and it sometimes clouds his judgement about how tired the horse is. Swallow Springs did seem to suddenly stop going and maybe Ollie thought he would get a second wind. I felt he should have pulled him up and it was a mistake to push the horse so much…