Badminton XC day

Bernster

Visit site
Been follow g the later parts of this thread with interest. Great stats from Pegasus.

On the trot ups, interesting that some have passed on 2nd inspection after being held, but others have withdrawn and not re-presented. What would be the thinking behind that - isn't it worth trying 2nd trot up or if you feel sure the horse isn't right, you take it out anyway? Does it impact their record if they get failed?

Sad to hear about Alex Bragg, he did so well, real shame not to see him today.

numptynoelle

Visit site
Thanks for the trot-up updates - such a shame for Alex and Lissa.

One (quite silly) stat that occured to me this morning, and not sure if it was mentioned yesterday, but I think the wearing of a Willbury cross country means you're considerably more likely to finish clear (Gemma) or clear and within the time? (Tim Price, MJ) than non-Willbury wearers :wink3: They'll all be wearing them next year :smile3:

ihatework

Visit site
Any news on horses not being presented this morning?

Charlton Down Riverdance is sore on his stifle, we think he probably knocked it going into the lake. Amazing what adrenaline does, he jumped an amazing round. Looked a little off when he pulled up, but his recovery was good and he was sprightly walking back. Unfortunately stiffened up in the evening and Becky felt it was unethical to withhold pain relief. So he had some and was withdrawn

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Thanks for the trot-up updates - such a shame for Alex and Lissa.

One (quite silly) stat that occured to me this morning, and not sure if it was mentioned yesterday, but I think the wearing of a Willbury cross country means you're considerably more likely to finish clear (Gemma) or clear and within the time? (Tim Price, MJ) than non-Willbury wearers :wink3: They'll all be wearing them next year :smile3:

It was that stat which made me decide I definitely need one before I do the challenge. I thought probably I could wear it all the time!!

Haven't found anyone to get me one yet tho but the stand is going to be at Blair so if they aren't online by then I should hopefully get one...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I was surprised none of the Hunt were about to stop it, they're normally quite quick at catching the loose ones.

Glad Elisa was carded, if it teaches her a lesson then it's worth it. I honestly thought her attitude afterwards was as shocking as her keeping the horse going.

I don't think any of the hunt horses would be fast enough/they would have had any chance it went like **** off a shovel.

That's a shame IHW, I think someone commented and I thought he maybe looked fractionally off when finished but didn't really see enough to judge. Hopefuly just bruised.

scats

Visit site
Gutted for Alex and Lissa.

I had a feeling Beckys Riverdance was going to be withdrawn, it looked lame behind as she pulled up at the end yesterday, obviously from that bash as it jumped into the lake.

I'm glad Elisa was yellow-carded. Her attitude was atrocious in my opinion. Apparently she has apologised on FB for her actions. I still think the stewards should have pulled that horse up.

SpringArising

Visit site
I'm glad Elisa was yellow-carded. Her attitude was atrocious in my opinion. Apparently she has apologised on FB for her actions. I still think the stewards should have pulled that horse up.

I saw her apology this morning and wondered if she was just trying to save face and a bit of backlash.

I watched her go on catch up this morning after missing it yesterday and it was really upsetting to watch the horse struggle so much. He was just so exhausted and had nothing left to give. It must be gutting to fail at the last fence but I would be feeling so guilty if I were her.

ihatework

Visit site
All best vibes for Emily Gilruth. There's an amateur pic on FB of the pair in mid air over the jump, Emily was sitting perfectly to assist her horse who was reaching to clear the fence.

IHW, is Riverdance yours?

Unfortunately not!! But I'm a friend and did the finish with the main groom

teapot

Visit site
I was surprised none of the Hunt were about to stop it, they're normally quite quick at catching the loose ones.

Glad Elisa was carded, if it teaches her a lesson then it's worth it. I honestly thought her attitude afterwards was as shocking as her keeping the horse going.

The horse was running scared, no way you can catch a horse in that mode.

kirstyfk

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the way of a photo or video of Sam Griffiths getting his 50 penalties. I'm interested to see what happened.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site