Boggle update

Michen

Visit site
Ok now need to stop reading as everything that I can find (and there’s not much) says poor prognosis particularly when scar tissue/adhesions have formed which they have.. and not an “acute” injury. Arghhhhh!!!!!

Definitely cannot accept that as an outcome for Boggle. Of all the things...

Michen

Visit site
If I could bear to part with her for a year, I'd send you Blue. She'd come back vastly improved!

Hehe. There are a few horses kicking around for loan. But I think if I’m spending money on livery training time for a horse I’d rather it was my own somehow? At least then I’ve got something to either full loan out if/when Boggle comes back if I love it or sell if I don’t..

Michen

Visit site
That said I’m not sure I have another project in me. Boggle was sort of forced on me as a project in the end as he was unsellable...!

Pippity

Visit site
Hehe. There are a few horses kicking around for loan. But I think if I’m spending money on livery training time for a horse I’d rather it was my own somehow? At least then I’ve got something to either full loan out if/when Boggle comes back if I love it or sell if I don’t..

Damn, there goes my cunning plan to get Blue turned into a Supercob!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
So sorry to hear about Bog :confused:
Hope he keeps it cool dude through the box rest and comes back well.

I have a lovely hairy baby Connie here that I can send over for you to play with for a bit :p. She's a project, but a very nice level headed type project in comparison to boggle (no less goey though probably, I never can work out how natives like her get so much energy from so little food)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Boggle brother you have to get him and have matching ponies, I have matching ponies it's really fun most people can't tell mine apart

Seconded... Matching ponies are cool ;)

73381177_719159010207_2311463772784427008_n.jpg

Also 5 mins on scholar and I'm with ester. You're reading the wrong literature ;)

Michen

Visit site
Michen, have you removed all the wine from your house?

Also the papers I found seemed to say 60-70% return to full work so I think you need to read in those places instead ;).
Where on earth are you reading that. I can barely find anything on it let alone anything that positive.
Am heading out now for wine!!!

Abi90

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Boggle has a poorly leg but at least you have a diagnosis and have probably caught it before it got worse so he has a better prognosis because you listened to him!!

Rosie now being a nightmare and god knows how I’m going to get her to trot up on Friday but just want it to be over.

Project Connie looks lovely, I’m now looking for a bargain as well

Michen

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Boggle has a poorly leg but at least you have a diagnosis and have probably caught it before it got worse so he has a better prognosis because you listened to him!!

Rosie now being a nightmare and god knows how I’m going to get her to trot up on Friday but just want it to be over.

Project Connie looks lovely, I’m now looking for a bargain as well

Fingers crossed for Friday. FWIW I’m sure if I took Bog down the road or whatnot in hand he’d think nothing of standing on his back legs to show the excitement of it all, he does stuff on the ground he would never do under saddle (now anyway). I wouldn’t take that as an indication of any pain at the moment.

Re bargains, IF I buy, and let’s face it we all know I will because I can’t bloody resist, it’ll be something unseen from Ireland and it’ll probably cause me no end of grief for a year.

That said I learned so much from Boggle and maybe I can reproduce that in a new project. If I had or wanted to spend 5-6k it would be entirely different. I know you are looking above what I’m willing to shell out and I bet you’ll find something lovely. Defo our there.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Where on earth are you reading that. I can barely find anything on it let alone anything that positive.
Am heading out now for wine!!!

I'm going to say a similar thing again, Michen. Remember that in the research you are reading about recovery rates, most horses will have been noticeably lame before they were diagnosed, so the prognosis will have been much worse than Boggle's. You have spotted it amazingly early.

I haven't seen you mention shockwave. Is your vet not a fan? I've seen it involved in some good recoveries, though obviously I don't know if it was responsible, but it cant hurt, I don't think. And it IU s supported by good research.

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
I'm going to say a similar thing again, Michen. Remember that in the research you are reading about recovery rates, most horses will have been noticeably lame before they were diagnosed, so the prognosis will have been much worse than Boggle's. You have spotted it amazingly early.

I haven't seen you mention shockwave. Is your vet not a fan? I've seen it involved in some good recoveries, though obviously I don't know if it was responsible, but it cant hurt, I don't think.

He has! And other therapies. Plan I think is to keep him here for six weeks to throw the book at him in therapies with in hand walking. Take shoes off. Then send him to a rehab yard for a further six where he can go on a matted walker twice a day. Then turn away. I’d love to find somewhere with a track type system, does anyone have any recommendations?

Or good places to turn away in general?

I will be so sad not to have him with me but no where here is really set up for what he needs. I think a walker will be key to success and sanity.

Michen

Visit site
"Six of the nine were able to return to their previous use"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12685789/

this bit is what makes me nervous “ Horses with an acute injury appeared to have a reasonable chance of responding to treatment and returning to their intended use.”
As we haven’t got it in the acute phase, it’s already got scar tissue and adhesions. Hmmm. Still, is what it is.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
this bit is what makes me nervous “ Horses with an acute injury appeared to have a reasonable chance of responding to treatment and returning to their intended use.”
As we haven’t got it in the acute phase, it’s already got scar tissue and adhesions. Hmmm. Still, is what it is.

But that was written before shockwave, and shockwave looks like it can break those things down. Chin up!

Michen

Visit site
Track systems - if you send him to Gawsworth near me I will visit him and check up on him for you. I'm sure there must be somewhere closer to you, though.

They seem pretty thin on the ground tbh! That’s a lovely offer- thanks.

rara007

Visit site
Was he positive on flexion? The paper is over 20 years old and only looks at 9 horses, 5 of which were front lameness. I’ve not got the full paper but they quite quite likely TBs or QHs too. I wouldn’t worry too much of its relevance for Bog :)

Michen

Visit site
Was he positive on flexion? The paper is over 20 years old and only looks at 9 horses, 5 of which were front lameness. I’ve not got the full paper but they quite quite likely TBs or QHs too. I wouldn’t worry too much of its relevance for Bog :)

No he wasn’t...