Boggle- USA bound!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Yep he’s on high dose vit E- elevate solution. Syringing it in. He was on vit E supplement before but not as much.

So tired only managed four hours sleep.. I feel utterly horrible!!

It’s my birthday today so I’m going to try and get home at a reasonable time so I can have dinner with friends (if I can stay awake), night check can do his last sucralfate feed.
Happy Birthday 🎂 💕🥳😘

PurBee

Visit site
Happy birthday michem! 🥳🌞

You deserve a treat, have a fab date with pals.

Considering the unpredictable financial habits of Sir Bog-meister, may i suggest you also grab a lucky birthday lottery ticket or scratchcard today, as birthdays are fortuitous lucky days (usually!)
Go on…i’ll blow a bubble of Irish luck your way, Mrs Doyle stylee 😁

Michen

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Wow it feels like a lot has happened in 24 hours.

A potential other barn option (a private barn not a boarding barn) which is still in the mountains but much more Boggle friendly- going to chat to them more tomorrow. With each day that goes past I’m feeling less worried about his “mobility” I guess. Wonderful people and one of my good friends is there. Really lucky to even be offered a chance to keep him there.

Then last night at the barn I ended up sitting on a horse that was imported a while ago. Him and his owner have had such a tough time, he’s being treated for ulcers and really just not a happy boy on the ground. But strangely, no sign of discomfort under saddle. And much happier on the ground once he’s been worked. Anyway for whatever reason I just really wanted to ride him! And asked if I could have a sit on him. We got on SO well I really liked him. So she’s asked me to ride him whilst she’s away.

I just spent an hour hacking him around all the barn trails (he’s never hacked) and he went from being terrified about leaving the barn to having a proper spring in his step. Really enjoyed him.

And Boggle- again today I think looks better! Excuse my terrible sing song voice, I don’t think you can see from the video but he was nickering and it was very cute. Usually he charges the fence line as people go past with his ears back 😂

Bradsmum

Visit site
Yep he’s on high dose vit E- elevate solution. Syringing it in. He was on vit E supplement before but not as much.

So tired only managed four hours sleep.. I feel utterly horrible!!

It’s my birthday today so I’m going to try and get home at a reasonable time so I can have dinner with friends (if I can stay awake), night check can do his last sucralfate feed.
Happy birthday Michen - mine too 😊🎉. My day was a bit more relaxing than yours but I hope you get to enjoy your birthday dinner with friends. Still have everything crossed for you and Boggle 🤞🏻

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Happy birthday Michen, a fellow Libra. So nice to see Boggles out to pasture. I wish you all the best and hope he recovers enough to be happy, even better to be ridden again. Hope you find a new barn to stable at.

Trouper

Visit site
I was going to say many happy returns to a fellow Libran but I am not sure that you would really want some of these recent days to return too often!!

Some time out with friends seems just the sort of medicine you need right now so hope you can relax and enjoy the evening. There seems to be some positive news on lots of fronts so fingers crossed it all continues. Had to smile at Bog's affronted look that you could possibly be riding another horse. That'll teach you to stress your Mother out so much Bog!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That video is very sweet. I also think he looks quite a bit better than in that video from yesterday....

Impromptu birthday ride sounds lovely. That horse sounds like how Arty was at one point - angry ulcery symptoms on the ground but fine to ride/work. With her I put it down to remembered pain, as she became so difficult to handle when she was ill before she was backed and stayed angry after she was better, but (after i subsequently backed her) with work in the school or out hacking there was no remembered pain so she was always easy in those circumstances, and work gave her a certain amount of contentment, probably for the same reason.