Boggle- USA bound!

misst

Visit site
OMG cave diving would just do my head in. I struggle with open water and snorkeling never mind going deep. Caves are scary places for me. I couldn't even just swim in a cenote although it was a beautiful space. All credit to you M.

photo_jo

Visit site
Ahhh just did the most amazing cenote (called Dreamgate for anyone interested). One of the most beautiful experiences ever and came up grinning, the love is back and I could finally relax and enjoy. And now I want to ship Bog to Mexico and be a diver again 🤣

Yay. So relieved. Sad to go back to Colorado tomorrow evening!
Wow, what an incredible place

Michen

Visit site
Ahh I love them, they are quite a spiritual experience and I’m not a spiritual person!

I said the first cave dive I ever did that if I had to chose between cenotes and ocean it would be cenotes. Important to go with someone you trust though.

Michen

Visit site
Thank you! Flying back tomorrow afternoon for 36 hours in Colorado then need to head to California last minute for a work meeting now.

After that at the moment I have 3 weeks with no travel…so finally will have time to get cracking with Bog again, and figure out how to eliminate that last bit of neuro deficit 😊

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Ahhh just did the most amazing cenote (called Dreamgate for anyone interested). One of the most beautiful experiences ever and came up grinning, the love is back and I could finally relax and enjoy. And now I want to ship Bog to Mexico and be a diver again 🤣

Yay. So relieved. Sad to go back to Colorado tomorrow evening!

There might be something waiting for you when you get back to CO ;) well, I guess it will be there on Tues due to the holiday tomorrow.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Can imagine how cold that is. I went to upstate NY many moons ago. Got caught in a snowstorm and ice storm , was stuck in hotel in -25 outside for 4 days , till airport opened. That was January time.

Michen

Visit site
I guess I’ll find out soon, I haven’t experienced those temps yet either! If my flight lands as this is the current situation at Denver airport. I’m also really thrilled I made the sensible decision to travel only in and with flip flops (and park my car at the cheaper lot miles away), because my bag was full of dive kit and I wanted enough space to bring back plenty of mezcal.

🙈🙈🙈

C11FD61C-909B-4EB9-92A4-9DE82F6CA029.jpg

Michen

Visit site
Never seen anywhere so cold on BBC Weather! Assuming you do land at Denver Airport, can you retrieve some shoes from your luggage before going on search of your car, otherwise you'll get frostbite! ☃️

I don’t have any shoes with me in any of my luggage, I left my snow boots in the car haha. I think I’ll have to see if I can buy some emergency slipper boot things or something at DIA 🤣

I wasn’t really thinking, I usually Uber to the airport so walking under cover out from airport and straight in a car. But now I live into the mountains I drove as Uber would be $$$$.

Basically folks, my common sense is rather lacking!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Omg! I just realised I have my dive boots! Which have a rubber pretty thick sole.

Perfecto, won’t look weird at all. It’s going to be unbelievably cold standing waiting for the parking shuttle bus!
No won’t look weird at all will you 😂😂😂😂 duck bill platypus’s feet. I’ve seen worse mucking out in snowstorms or heavy rain

Michen

Visit site
Not sure slightly wet dive boots were any better than flip flops and definitely getting some odd looks on the shuttle bus 🤣

-24 Celsius when landing in Denver. Though honestly not sure it feels much different to -10, though I’m definitely not standing out in it. Defrosting my car will be fun and hopefully windscreen still intact as it had two big chips/cracks..

Edited to add… no, -24 feels a lot colder 🤣 this is going to be a tense drive into the mountains!

4ED3E333-F8E2-4C79-8822-8E791040B8E9.jpeg

Last edited:

little_critter

Visit site
I don’t have any shoes with me in any of my luggage, I left my snow boots in the car haha. I think I’ll have to see if I can buy some emergency slipper boot things or something at DIA 🤣

I wasn’t really thinking, I usually Uber to the airport so walking under cover out from airport and straight in a car. But now I live into the mountains I drove as Uber would be $$$$.

Basically folks, my common sense is rather lacking!
So the most dangerous bit of your Mexican cave diving trip is the risk of losing your toes to frostbite 🥶

Visit site
I used to be a spelunker - have dived and even laid trails in some of the cenotes you mentioned. I know what you mean about letting go - the beauty of diving is being totally emersed in another world and relaxing into the environment, you have to be aware but not tense. I am glad you got your pack back on and your hair wet again!

I gave up cave diving at the request of my parents who were in a constant state of anxiety whenever I would go on a trip. I swapped it for mountain climbing which I cannot say they were any less anxious about!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I used to be a spelunker - have dived and even laid trails in some of the cenotes you mentioned. I know what you mean about letting go - the beauty of diving is being totally emersed in another world and relaxing into the environment, you have to be aware but not tense. I am glad you got your pack back on and your hair wet again!

I gave up cave diving at the request of my parents who were in a constant state of anxiety whenever I would go on a trip. I swapped it for mountain climbing which I cannot say they were any less anxious about!
Well one can’t be attacked by sea dwellers up a mountain at least

Michen

Visit site

That is so awesome! And thanks for laying the lines :) I wish I could remember all the ones I've done.. Angelita, Carwash, The Pit, Dos Ojos, Dreamgate, Zapote, Taj Maha, Chac Mool, Ponderosa... I know there must be another 4 but I can't recall the names.

I should really keep a log book, haha.