Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
If Bog becomes proper friends with the pig it’ll be the last straw. I’m already looking at his ridiculous leg warmers, fuzzy face, bushy tail and mane and feeling despair that usually he’d be a sleek, shiny clipped machine at this time of year. Fully clipped.

There’s a good reason for that too, I’m so allergic to horse hair and he’s already starting to moult!

He reminds me more and more of the thing that came off the lorry from Ireland, just with more weight on 😂

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I had a stable like this when I lived in Germany. I wish we had them over here too. My oldie would love it

There was a riding stables which had liveries in them near Mapledurham? in the early 80's. I used to have lessons there.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Oh that pig is gorgeous, and who can blame her for going into Boggle's stable - the bed is magnificent!

Question on this kind of stable - does the wind blow in and get bedding everywhere? I love the idea of them, so nice for the horse to be outside if they want to.

Michen

Visit site
Oh that pig is gorgeous, and who can blame her for going into Boggle's stable - the bed is magnificent!

Question on this kind of stable - does the wind blow in and get bedding everywhere? I love the idea of them, so nice for the horse to be outside if they want to.

Weirdly no, not really. It just gets dragged out a bit by them coming in and out. But.. Boggle's bed is about 10 x thicker than most haha.

When it's windy or very cold the doors are shut, as the waterers aren't heated so have to keep the temp above freezing. The barn does have heaters but mostly it's insulated enough to not need them often.

teapot

Visit site
Of course Bog is sharing his bed with the pig 😂

Nodwood House Equine in Surrey has a similar set up with stalls outside boxes.
Tbf their entire setup is quite impressive!

The Fuzzy Furry

🦄 🦄
Visit site
Of course Bog is sharing his bed with the pig 😂

Nodwood House Equine in Surrey has a similar set up with stalls outside boxes.
Tbf their entire setup is quite impressive!
Nodwood is indeed lovely. The indoor feels bigger than it measures as it's so light, the infinity outdoor is amazing!
As an aside, I had a faceache memory pop up of me jumping there with B 2 yrs ago today!

Michen

Visit site
Same. It was actually really good for my horse with allergies. He was mostly in the field, but when not, he still had access to outside/the fresh air.

Yep and bog with his lungs! My hay steamer broke and Haygain have gone into administration. Dry hay for last week and no coughing. They are a great idea but not practical in mud I guess.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Yep and bog with his lungs! My hay steamer broke and Haygain have gone into administration. Dry hay for last week and no coughing. They are a great idea but not practical in mud I guess.

I saw that they went into administration. I thought they made a decent but pricey product. Not sure what else is on the market and I know some DIY it.

My allergy horse could tolerate some dry hay at times. I wish the US had or could produce haylage for horses.

Michen

Visit site
I saw that they went into administration. I thought they made a decent but pricey product. Not sure what else is on the market and I know some DIY it.

My allergy horse could tolerate some dry hay at times. I wish the US had or could produce haylage for horses.

Yeah I’m not very pleased that a 2k piece of kit has broken after 6 months. And can’t find anyone here willing to look at it. I’ve bought a wallpaper steamer to see if that works instead.

Michen

Visit site
Well in the interest of honesty guys, here’s where we are at. Making the most of a clear road for now with no snow and going up and down the lane. You can see and hear that front leg “buckle”. Actually wasn’t doing it as often as this video would suggest, but it’s there. Only on the downhill.

I’m thinking of maybe bell boats and a little chain to stimulate some feeling/awareness?

This would really need to be eradicated before I’d feel ok getting on. A little sad that this confirms there’s definitely still some ataxia there. But- he’s come so far. Just this last bit…

Nice to put his brand new bridle on that he never got to wear though, Henry James, bought it back from the UK and then this whole disaster happened.

The pig has properly moved in! And my truck is very useful for Bog admin aka alfalfa collection even if it’s not taking him anywhere and costing me $300 a month to insure 🙈🙈🙈

IMG_7918.jpegIMG_7907.jpegIMG_7906.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
Mine take the odd misstep when they are looking at something else. I'd be really happy with him.

Also, trucks are great. My next vehicle will probably be one.

Thank you. It’s hard to be realistic. I found myself looking at spring events the other night which is ludicrous as he’s never going to jump again and I should be concentrating on the prospect of ever being able to ride on the flat again. Hard not to get carried away. Wish this barn had more quiet road work to go at but it’s on a main road so it’s really just the lane, and everything else is under too much snow.

Yes they are! I love my truck I’m doing my best to continue to justify it 🤣🤣 the insurance is ridiculous because they class me as a new driver.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yeah, jumping is a lot to ask, but flatwork and hacking seems very realistic! I think he could do it. You're not doing the Tevis, after all.

I know your pain re 'new drivers.' It's ridiculous. I guess it's just as ridiculous going the other way as well. I'd been driving in the UK for two years when I got my UK license. I had two years no claims in the UK. So when I finally passed my ridiculously stupid UK driving test, I phoned my insurance company to say, "Hey, I'm on a UK license instead of a Colorado one now," which I had to do because I wasn't going to be kosher on a US license for much longer.

Insurance went, "Great, your premium is now XXXXX," which was a fair whack more than it had been.

I said, "What?? Why has it gone up??"

They said, "You're a new driver."

I said, "But you know I'm not. I've been insured with you guys for two years. When I took out the policy, you accepted my 8 (now 10) years of driving!"

They said, "Well, since you are now a new UK license holder, you are now classed as a new driver."

I said, "But I'm not a new driver! As of half an hour ago, you were insuring me as someone who'd driven for 10 years, two of which were in the UK."

"Well, we are now insuring you as a new driver because you are a new UK license holder."

"But I'm not a new driver."

"The computer says you are."

Joseph Heller couldn't write this stuff.

It turns out that there are UK insurance companies who accept international licenses as part of your general driving history (though weirdly, not the one who was all too happy to insure me on an international license), but I was in the middle of my insurance year so just had to eat it until my renewal came up.

Michen

Visit site
Yeah, jumping is a lot to ask, but flatwork and hacking seems very realistic! I think he could do it. You're not doing the Tevis, after all.

I know your pain re 'new drivers.' It's ridiculous. I guess it's just as ridiculous going the other way as well. I'd been driving in the UK for two years when I got my UK license. I had two years no claims in the UK. So when I finally passed my ridiculously stupid UK driving test, I phoned my insurance company to say, "Hey, I'm on a UK license instead of a Colorado one now," which I had to do because I wasn't going to be kosher on a US license for much longer.

Insurance went, "Great, your premium is now XXXXX," which was a fair whack more than it had been.

I said, "What?? Why has it gone up??"

They said, "You're a new driver."

I said, "But you know I'm not. I've been insured with you guys for two years. When I took out the policy, you accepted my 8 (now 10) years of driving!"

They said, "Well, since you are now a new UK license holder, you are now classed as a new driver."

I said, "But I'm not a new driver! As of yesterday, you were insuring me as someone who'd driven for 10n years, two of which were in the UK."

"Well, we are now insuring you as a new driver because you are a new UK license holder."

"But I'm not a new driver."

"The computer says you are."

Joseph Heller couldn't write this stuff.

It turns out that there are UK insurance companies who accept international licenses as part of your general driving history (though weirdly, not the one who was all too happy to insure me on an international license), but I was in the middle of my insurance year so just had to eat it until my renewal came up.

Yeh, it's ridiculous. I couldn't find a single insurer to accept my UK history. And of course everything here is SO expensive anyway, so it's double whack.

And yes, I don't really think for one moment Bog will jump again, I just sort of found myself browsing them. Maybe those poles on the floor grasshopper events haha.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
And my truck is very useful for Bog admin aka alfalfa collection even if it’s not taking him anywhere and costing me $300 a month to insure
I think that I paid something in the region of $1200 in car insurance (in 2005 with Liberty Mutual) for the first year for a VW Golf convertible, but that came down by about half for the second year.

Trouper

Visit site
@Michen Bog has not done a lot of work yet since all the dramas blew up. I know he has a lot of turnout but that is not the same as steady consistent use of muscles etc as he goes through a work programme. It may not be safe to jump him again but I can't see from that video how he could not eventually cope with some fun hacking. Nil desperandum!!

Ahrena

Visit site
God what I would give for a truck like that!!!
I think he looks grand. I really don’t know anything about ataxia but he has come a hell of a long way, much further than he was expected to and it’s really still early days so wait and see what happens as he builds his strength. He looks very happy anyway!

Reactions: tda