Boggle- USA bound!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Not all fit Thoroughbreds that have raced are all that exciting. I used to ride quite a few back in the day, and some are just more placid than others. We had one similar looking to Dusty, interestingly enough, and he was just not that sharp. He was sound when he came off of the track, and nothing showed up on an intensive PPE (he was a resale).

He was a happy little horse, but really did not care for speed or antics. It was ironic because his racing name basically said that he'd be crazy, and he was polar opposite. Not my type at all, but made a lovely mount for someone else.

It will be interesting to see if he changes with fitness, but if he's not your cuppa, that's fine, he may be thebomb.com go someone else one day. Nothing wrong with helping him get to a better place in his training and then helping him find his person.

Michen

Visit site
Have you ever sat on a fit racing thoroughbred? If not, you may have some nice surprises coming.

Yes I have, I had a wonderful ex NH horse for a while called Abu- he was incredible. I liked him a LOT to ride. But, I like the smaller, nippy, pony mentality more than anything. I like a pony brain. And I like a horse that when I walk up to looks at me with mischief and fun. I really like my friend's arab, too, for that.

I think I just found my "type" with these connemaras that are full of blood and sass. It's the personality on the ground as much as anything. Dusty is the sweetest boy, but I don't look at him and think wow.

Michen

Visit site
Wow. Pepper seems up for a duvet day. Hope you can get out soon but in the meantime have supplies in!

It's going to be a while.. FB is full of posts of my neighbours looking for snow plow help, because their plow is stuck/can't manage the amount- so even a decent truck with plow attachment doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Plenty of food, not nearly enough alcohol for this!

Bradsmum

Visit site
Lesson learnt 🤪. Is it usual to get that amount of snow in March? We live in quite a remote area in Wales and I always start stocking up with food/drink in October for when we can’t get out but (touch wood) never had snow like that. Good luck, stay warm and find a good series to binge watch until it goes.

Michen

Visit site
Lesson learnt 🤪. Is it usual to get that amount of snow in March? We live in quite a remote area in Wales and I always start stocking up with food/drink in October for when we can’t get out but (touch wood) never had snow like that. Good luck, stay warm and find a good series to binge watch until it goes.

It seems all the times there's been crazy big dumps here, have been in March! I think the last big one was 2003.

Michen

Visit site
Dad says the ski resorts are closed. That something, for the ski areas to close due to too much snow. They have 8-10" in Boulder. Apparently Eldora has 30". Yowza.

Dad says the ski resorts are closed. That something, for the ski areas to close due to too much snow. They have 8-10" in Boulder. Apparently Eldora has 30". Yowza.
This is more 🤣 still going
IMG_8995.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8996.jpeg
    IMG_8996.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30

Michen

Visit site
That snow's impressive, good job you've no flight to catch today.

I can’t see how I’m ever going to get out any time soon! All the trucks with plows attached can’t get though (which is what my neighbour has whose been plowing for me all winter). It took me an hour to shovel the tiniest area and the driveway is really long.

Gah! I hate not being able to get to the horses.

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site

Michen

Visit site
Well not turnout, but in their runs at least. The issue is there’s so much snow that the runs can’t even be plowed, the little tractor doesn’t have enough power and there’s no where to even put the snow.

It’ll have to melt and they will have a slushy mess of a run when it does, until the temps dry it all up.