Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
My morning view. Sat on some rugs with my laptop spending every minute I can outside.

I can’t say enough about Dusty, I swear that horse knows what unbelievable torment I’m in right now, he just keeps coming up to me and gently putting his head in my chest and holding it there.

Boggle meanwhile has a fun new trick of peeing on his hay pile, then pushing Dusty off his, onto the peed one 🤣 He seems to think that’s a great way of saying screw you, without needing to get his teeth out and run at him.

Any third pile I then put out gets peed on too!

IMG_9918.jpegIMG_9919.jpegIMG_9908.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
Looks idilic, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow x

Thank you. A couple of my horsey friends are coming over later. I really don’t want to be around people but I think it may be helpful to force down some crisps and a little glass of wine. Or not lol.

Owners of house aren’t back until Monday now so I have a little more breathing room. Though snow storm due Friday-Sun which is about the last thing any of us need right now.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Boggle meanwhile has a fun new trick of peeing on his hay pile, then pushing Dusty off his, onto the peed one 🤣 He seems to think that’s a great way of saying screw you, without needing to get his teeth out and run at him.

Oh Bog! My big black hunting horse used to do that. It's incredibly aggressive. He would just ruin the food so that nobody else could eat it, even if it meant he then went short himself. I had no option but to get everything off the floor.

Michen

Visit site
Oh Bog! My big black hunting horse used to do that. It's incredibly aggressive. He would just ruin the food so that nobody else could eat it, even if it meant he then went short himself. I had no option but to get everything off the floor.

lol, he looks really thrilled with himself when he does it. He is a little monster!

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Thank you. A couple of my horsey friends are coming over later. I really don’t want to be around people but I think it may be helpful to force down some crisps and a little glass of wine. Or not lol.

Owners of house aren’t back until Monday now so I have a little more breathing room. Though snow storm due Friday-Sun which is about the last thing any of us need right now.
I think it will be good to see some friends and hopefully you can eat something

Michen

Visit site
I bought a jump4joy xc fence for my friend whose let me live here rent free (my god they are expensive here though as imported, this set me back nearly $800 and there is NOTHING equivalent that’s USA made, bizarre), Boggle thinks this is epic and I should set it up for him!

IMG_9923.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
Love the cheeky look on his face there!
Sending loads of hugs. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

He’s really brightened up on the anger front. Full Bog cheek is out and shining. Thank goodness. I’ve been full on with the ulcer meds though, every 6 hours for sucralfate so last dose midnight first one 6am. Not much sleep.

Thank you very much xxx

GrassChop

Visit site
I'm sorry if you've already covered this but since his fall, has he had a good few chiro/physio sessions?
I obviously don't know how he looks in walk/trot so I'm just imagining and wondering if he's going to move stiffly in order to compensate for his neck, not necessarily because he is in pain so that might just be his new normal? Given his ailments, I wouldn't expect him to move how he used to anyway and he will adjust to how it's comfortable and easiest for him.
If someone has a bad knee and they couldn't run but they were okay walking, it would be okay. We can't expect them to be 100% perfect all the time, some things might be uncomfortable but they can still lead happy lives.

ETA: I've just had a thought. Can't hind gut ulcers cause lameness in the back legs?

Michen

Visit site
I'm sorry if you've already covered this but since his fall, has he had a good few chiro/physio sessions?
I obviously don't know how he looks in walk/trot so I'm just imagining and wondering if he's going to move stiffly in order to compensate for his neck, not necessarily because he is in pain so that might just be his new normal? Given his ailments, I wouldn't expect him to move how he used to anyway and he will adjust to how it's comfortable and easiest for him.
If someone has a bad knee and they couldn't run but they were okay walking, it would be okay. We can't expect them to be 100% perfect all the time, some things might be uncomfortable but they can still lead happy lives.

ETA: I've just had a thought. Can't hind gut ulcers cause lameness in the back legs?

Honestly no, he had a myofascial treatment. I’m not keen on chiro with his neck. Physios don’t exist here. It’s pretty much massage, PEMF, chiro. Never found anyone like my physio in the uk. His hind legs look fine it’s definitely all in the front end.

I do see what you mean, the fact he looks the same on bute or off it (I checked today- 27 hours off) is kinda odd.

Michen

Visit site
Friends who rock up with a cake for your horse 💕 it was a happy birthday cake for their horse but got donated to Bog! He put on such a show for everyone as we all sat in the pasture.

And wine, and ginger biscuits, and a pizza. And the wine got me eating. Win win.

IMG_9926.jpeg

Last edited:

Surbie

Visit site
Congrats on the food front! Your friends sound great. I hope you get some answers today. Will be thinking of you and Bog.

View

Visit site
I’m another hoping that today brings some clarity for you and can put your mind at rest, one way or the other.

Bog’s welfare is so obviously at the forefront of your thoughts, so I’m wishing you a clearer way forward.

SO1

Visit site
Thinking if you today. I have a feeling that everything will be ok. I would not be surprised if he blocked to the hoof and it wasn't bruising or something like that.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Thinking of you M and hoping for a black and white answer for you that makes your way forward clear.

💔