Boggle- USA bound!

Trouper

Visit site
You don't think something came round and freaked them in the night do you? Definitely need a camera up to see what the little monsters get up to - Bog seems to be finding all sorts of new party tricks to add to his repertoire:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Michen

Visit site
Yeah I got Starlink, so that I can set up wireless cameras. Just haven’t got round to setting up yet!

Naughty boys. Hopped on Dusty and rode him around the pasture. Good horse to get back on after 2.5 weeks off and not give me any drama. Boys are sharing the field with elk!

IMG_0185.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg

Caski

Visit site
Thank you!! It’s a really beautiful place. I am really thrilled Bog seems to have rallied but I’m still pretty certain I will PTS before winter even if he stays good as I think it’s just too hard on him. I saw a definite difference in him when we had two days of freezing snowy weather last week.

For now though this is just the best! Omg what a sanctuary. I’m so glad I did this even if it’s a lot of work and I’ll essentially have 3 horses on DIY! Boggle seems sooo happy, and not angry. Need to set up my starlink so I can just hang here all day 🤣

View attachment 138403View attachment 138404

View attachment 138405
Nice little 'house on the hill' in the background!

Caol Ila

Visit site
A deer nearly crashed into me and Hermosa today. It was on the bank above us, spooked, but then jumped across the trail where we were, realised its mistake, spun in midair, then ran the other way. There was a second where I could have touched it with my dressage whip. Hermosa shot off up the trail but stopped within 20m. Husband and my friend, who’s horse spun in the opposite direction, were like, “What was that?”

I said, “A deer nearly crashed into us!”

At least it wasn’t an elk.

alexomahony

Visit site
Thank you!! It’s a really beautiful place. I am really thrilled Bog seems to have rallied but I’m still pretty certain I will PTS before winter even if he stays good as I think it’s just too hard on him. I saw a definite difference in him when we had two days of freezing snowy weather last week.

For now though this is just the best! Omg what a sanctuary. I’m so glad I did this even if it’s a lot of work and I’ll essentially have 3 horses on DIY! Boggle seems sooo happy, and not angry. Need to set up my starlink so I can just hang here all day 🤣

View attachment 138403View attachment 138404

View attachment 138405
Living the dream!

What is the white thing on the hill behind them in the bottom photo?

Michen

Visit site
And then there were three! Phew. In the last two weeks I’ve found a new barn, moved the horses, added a third horse, moved house, and completely my yearly sales target with 5 months to spare 🤣

He’s such a great old boy. Completely ignored all of Boggles shit. Dare I say Bog seems to be kind of stunned by this and wants to be near him. I think a 25 year old sensible horse may be exactly what Bog needs in his life! It’ll be very interesting to see how he is with him over Dusty. They all had a gallop and are now totally content eating. Helo has barely acknowledged their existence.

I did briefly consider taking another TB off the track as a third horse to ride but honestly can’t be arsed. I don’t want to own another horse right now plus it would be a disaster if it was a bad companion or whatnot.

Now praying for rain as not enough grass and land to sustain three horses up here (and keep the grass) but they can enjoy it whilst we have it.

IMG_0233.jpegIMG_0227.jpegIMG_0221.jpeg

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Ok, now relax a bit, first there was too much grass now not enough😀. I would rather have not enough if I was worried about lami so that might be a good thing although a bit more expensive.. Try and chill out and take each day as it comes and try not to get yourself in a state about what might happen. I have the same sort of brain and have to plan everything in advance but I know it isn’t good for me to get wound up ..so I understand that’s how you are wired but maybe it’s time to chill out as you have achieved so much lately , just enjoy your horses