Boggle- USA bound!

Trouper

Visit site
It might be so novel for Bog to be trailered with Dusty that the 10 mins would be up before he had time to do anything!!! Have you got someone who could travel with you so that you have help if the worst happened and you had to stop?
However, you do it hope it all goes smoothly.

Caski

Visit site
Trailer, but I'd put neck covers on, fly hoods, gamgee and bandages (remember that from the ark!!). As much protection as possible, 10 mins will fly by....

Think of the lovely feeling when you arrive and they survey home... I would definitely have a helper it will remove the inevitable tension.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I’d also take the chance with a 10min trailer trip over running the risk of running into troubles mid-walk. Keeping everything crossed for a straightforward move tomorrow xx

Lauraback

Visit site
Good luck with the move Michen it looks a lovely place for you all to chill out. Hope steroids help Bog 🤞 my retired boy had them 3 years ago when he was so ataxic they told me he had less than a week to live there was a problem high up in his neck but he was too bad to move and scan so I never got a 100% Diagnosis but his inflammation indicators were off the scale. We threw a massive high dose of steroids at him as a last ditched attempt and over about 2 months his inflammation markers in his blood test returned to normal, he has been happily retired since. I hope you get some peaceful time with a happier Bog 🤞😘

mustardsmum

Visit site
i hope your move goes well - I too would pop them in the trailer. Ten minutes will be fine. Your new set up looks idyllic- it will be a place of sanctuary for the next few months for you and your boys. And your photos are stunning, he’s such a beautiful horse ❤️

Michen

Visit site
Oh my goodness that was a lot. I didn't quite appreciate when I looked at the new barn that it had half a foot of disgusting, urine soaked bedding in each stall from the owners before the current ones. They'd been kenneling dogs in there. When I started digging it up.. the smell. It took 10 hours of solid labor to do all 4 stables and then disinfect etc. So much dust and dirt, I still have black stuff coming out of my nose and obviously with Boggle's pneumonia history I don't want to subject him to any unnecessary dust. Which at the time felt extremely painful to do just for a couple of months (I have the place until at least July, and I really hope longer if they allow). It took 30 demo bags as full as I could physically lift them to clear.

Then cue trying to clean and move out of the house, plus the horses out of the barn.. there was just so much to do. Everything took three times longer than anticipated. I was so stressed and overwhelmed I (assume fainted) at the top of the basement stairs and got half way down. A bit beat up but luckily just that.

I was going to move them early tomorrow, but my friend came over and scooped me up to help get them moved so that I could properly clean the barn. I wanted to make it look really nice, and the house, for my friends return so bit off more than I could chew cleaning things/doing extras above and beyond the usual condition. Even stuff like scrubbing out buckets to look new again that never get scrubbed just took forever. Anyway, we trailered the boys (actually only 5 minute trailer), Boggle was beyond delighted to find grass in his run. It's 4 x the size of his run at the normal barn as I took the divider out so he has two and they were extra long anyway, so he has about half an arena worth of paddock attached to his stall. Both boys settled immediately and were tucking into dinner when I checked on them at 10pm. It iwas so worth the effort even if it didn't feel like it when I was in the middle of cleaning out the stables. Tomorrow I will set up my starlink router to hopefully work half the day from there, and wireless cameras.

I am fried. Setting a 5 am alarm to finish the cleaning and get fully packed. Floors, bathroom and bedroom still to do plus finishing up the loose hay in the barn. My stuff is in suitcases and boxes everywhere. I'm going to go stay with a friend up here for a few days, so I can do late night sucralfate for Bog for the move, then I move back in with another friend, then in with another friends daughter in June. The constant hopping is exhausting, I really need to lay down some roots next year and have a proper home and a base but it is what it is for the moment. This month I'm meant to be in NY for 2 days then North Carolina for 3... so far. Luckily covered with horse care but I do feel uneasy at leaving Bog even though it's 2 weeks away, I hope that'll be enough time to properly monitor how he's tolerating the steroids.

Oh and Boggle figured out how to open the barn doors (at house) with his nose, so in between running errands and feeling very stressed I came back to find him once again gleefully making an absolute mess of the hay bales, rummaging through the feed room and generally creating mayhem. I am amazed he did it, I know they were shut because I took a photo him outside them just before I left for the store! The door handles are close together so he must have really shoved his nose in between them and pushed, and they aren't light.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, hope you had a good weekend xx

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Good luck with the move Michen it looks a lovely place for you all to chill out. Hope steroids help Bog 🤞 my retired boy had them 3 years ago when he was so ataxic they told me he had less than a week to live there was a problem high up in his neck but he was too bad to move and scan so I never got a 100% Diagnosis but his inflammation indicators were off the scale. We threw a massive high dose of steroids at him as a last ditched attempt and over about 2 months his inflammation markers in his blood test returned to normal, he has been happily retired since. I hope you get some peaceful time with a happier Bog 🤞😘
That's really interesting thanks. I did have bloods run on him and they came back clear, so I assume no inflammation markers. I didn't even know you could really test for ortho type inflammation like that.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Thought you’d gone rather quiet. Now I know why 😄 It’s going to be awesome but only if you take care of yourself whilst you’re setting everything up. No more fainting please!
How are you going to take care of Bog and Dusty if you’re out sparko from exhaustion 😜

Peglo

Visit site
So glad the boys have settled in so well, one less stress for you. I really hope you can get a bit of rest this week. Your weekend sounded so hectic and hope bruises aren’t too bad. Do look after yourself too!

Michen

Visit site
I love that in amongst everything Bog is still fundamentally a mischievous little boy!
It’s the look on his face when I catch him, absolutely priceless. Proper naughty schoolboy. He had plenty of hay out in the pasture for him, and gets multiple small feeds a day for meds. Absolutely no reason to be breaking in anywhere!!

BBP

Visit site
Thanks everyone I will get some photos later. Going to have to drop the late night sucralfate very soon, am too fried.
When BBP scoped with ulcers he only had sucralfate twice a day (and basically at the same time as the omeprazole and it still worked, although it possibly took a little longer, he scoped clear 2 months later). So I think dropping the late night ones for the sake of your own wellbeing won’t compromise his greatly.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
When BBP scoped with ulcers he only had sucralfate twice a day (and basically at the same time as the omeprazole and it still worked, although it possibly took a little longer, he scoped clear 2 months later). So I think dropping the late night ones for the sake of your own wellbeing won’t compromise his greatly.
I kind of agree and I've dropped the dose to 1 a day of sulcralfate and it's still kept him happy.

Michen

Visit site
Well isn’t that the best view ever. Worth the literal blood sweat and tears. And I’m moved out, much of my stuff is in bin bags in the car lol. Heading to friends near barn for a couple of days to recharge. Giving Bog a grass pasture (one at old barn is quite wooded and doesn’t have much grass yet) is probably the nicest thing I could do for him. Sadly his muzzle is on the way though!! He’s never worn one (got a flexible filly), poor guy but the grass is rich. They will only get an hour or two on it for now and build up. If he gets lami from the steroids so be it, decision made.

IMG_0093.jpegIMG_0078.jpegIMG_0076.jpegIMG_0077.jpegIMG_0066.jpegIMG_0083.jpegIMG_0099.jpegIMG_0092.jpeg

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I love each yard even more than the last! The standard is amazing out there. It’s funny, I accidentally clicked on your first page again, and there were some lovely pics of you, Bog andDusty in the sea etc, which were lovely, but those lovely backgrounds in the U.K. pale into insignificance now we’re used to the Colorado ones.

You really do need your on place though. Ideally a little ranch! (with an annex for HHO visitors..)

Michen

Visit site
I love each yard even more than the last! The standard is amazing out there. It’s funny, I accidentally clicked on your first page again, and there were some lovely pics of you, Bog andDusty in the sea etc, which were lovely, but those lovely backgrounds in the U.K. pale into insignificance now we’re used to the Colorado ones.

You really do need your on place though. Ideally a little ranch! (with an annex for HHO visitors..)

I need to get on some dating apps and find a rich American husband, that property house and barn just sold for over 2 mill 🤣 and it’s a second home!!!!