Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
That video is very sweet. I also think he looks quite a bit better than in that video from yesterday....

Impromptu birthday ride sounds lovely. That horse sounds like how Arty was at one point - angry ulcery symptoms on the ground but fine to ride/work. With her I put it down to remembered pain, as she became so difficult to handle when she was ill before she was backed and stayed angry after she was better, but (after i subsequently backed her) with work in the school or out hacking there was no remembered pain so she was always easy in those circumstances, and work gave her a certain amount of contentment, probably for the same reason.

That's awesome that you think he looks better even from then! I thought maybe he was the same.

Interesting re Arty, this guy is actually very sweet and goofy underneath it all.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That's awesome that you think he looks better even from then! I thought maybe he was the same.

Interesting re Arty, this guy is actually very sweet and goofy underneath it all.
Yeah she was as long as you weren't doing one of the things that upset her. She came good with time, and I do believe that the ridden work really helped her get over it

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Wow it feels like a lot has happened in 24 hours.

A potential other barn option (a private barn not a boarding barn) which is still in the mountains but much more Boggle friendly- going to chat to them more tomorrow. With each day that goes past I’m feeling less worried about his “mobility” I guess. Wonderful people and one of my good friends is there. Really lucky to even be offered a chance to keep him there.

Then last night at the barn I ended up sitting on a horse that was imported a while ago. Him and his owner have had such a tough time, he’s being treated for ulcers and really just not a happy boy on the ground. But strangely, no sign of discomfort under saddle. And much happier on the ground once he’s been worked. Anyway for whatever reason I just really wanted to ride him! And asked if I could have a sit on him. We got on SO well I really liked him. So she’s asked me to ride him whilst she’s away.

I just spent an hour hacking him around all the barn trails (he’s never hacked) and he went from being terrified about leaving the barn to having a proper spring in his step. Really enjoyed him.

And Boggle- again today I think looks better! Excuse my terrible sing song voice, I don’t think you can see from the video but he was nickering and it was very cute. Usually he charges the fence line as people go past with his ears back 😂

I'd be very hopeful from the improvement in that video M. Standing much less camped under and moving fluently.

🤞🤞🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I hope you had a great birthday.

Michen

Visit site
SO much improvement today! Bog pulled it out of the bag to give me the best present, towing me down a hill with his head up like nothing has ever happened. All I could see was the occasional toe drag.

I feel like I can breathe for the first time all week!! I can’t believe where he is now compared to when I bought him home on Monday. I know it’s likely to plateau but it’s so encouraging that he’s even got this far 9 days after he was collapsing on the floor.

He’s pulling out full cuteness levels today too.

Keep going little Bogmeister 😍

6B18A238-82BA-4ADC-847C-A97ED8B08807.jpeg

Welshy

Visit site
I'm very much a lurker - especially since losing my little dog and my only remaining horse going on loan due to my ill health - but I enjoy browsing and i can honestly say I haven't ever felt so utterly invested in a thread about someone I don't know.

It's very evident from the replies here that there is a boat load of supporters here wishing you the very best outcome possible but I just wanted to come out of the quiet side to say there's a hella load more you don't see too!

Come on Bog. Never have I heard of such a strong willed horse and of course that wouldn't be possible without such an utterly devoted owner.

ive no useful advice except follow your gut always -- sending much love and strength from across the pond 🙏🏻 xxxx

Widgeon

Visit site
Thank you everyone! Bog says hey! He’s loving these autumn warm days 🌞
Having just come back from flinging hay at two wild eyed mud creatures rugged up to their ears in a gale, I am just a *tiny* bit jealous (again) of your wonderful dry weather. I mean....I know it freezes solid for months, but it's DRY.

Michen

Visit site
Having just come back from flinging hay at two wild eyed mud creatures rugged up to their ears in a gale, I am just a *tiny* bit jealous (again) of your wonderful dry weather. I mean....I know it freezes solid for months, but it's DRY.

Oh yeah it’s awesome. And it’s just always mostly sunny. We did have a wet summer where it rained a bit every afternoon but that just meant everything was beautiful and green.

I LOVE the climate here and so does Bog who really disliked wet/rain/mud

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Oh yeah it’s awesome. And it’s just always mostly sunny. We did have a wet summer where it rained a bit every afternoon but that just meant everything was beautiful and green.

*goes off Michen ever so slightly*

Pinkvboots

Visit site

It's been so wet here and another 7 days of rain is forecast 😒 I'm not liking it at all.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
My friend rents a field just down the lane from me and they have 2 pigs they escaped a few months ago abd caused havoc, they got into the farm livery yard next door to me and upset all the horses alot of them were terrified of them.

I often hack past where they are kept and my horses like to jog past fairly quickly 🤣