Boggle- USA bound!

claracanter

Visit site
I was going to ask how big Luna was, but now I know. Amazing photos. It must feel like an honour to be in the water with one of those. I dived a bit many years ago and a manta ray swam under me and I was awestruck. Swimming with sharks must be incredible.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Wow, amazing photos Michen šŸ˜

And don't worry about the emotional stuff, it'll pass. Feelings aren't particularly rational creatures so it is probably irrelevant to the way you feel right now that Bog's still here and is OK. You've been effectively living on survival mode on Bog's behalf for months now and there's only so long you can do that without putting yourself pretty close to snapping point emotionally.
Hopefully this trip will start to let your brain feel less anxious and under attack from life

Cloball

Visit site
I'm still feeling incredibly anxious after a little colic episode last month I can only imagine how you're feeling!
I find it's much easier to deal with the thing that happening. When it's over you have all the 'what if' and 'what happens next' without the aid of adrenaline 24/7.
Those photos are almost surreal šŸ„°

Surbie

Visit site
They are stunning. Thank you for the pics and video - the video really brings home how calm the sharks are. It's so peaceful down there, no wonder it feels restorative. I hope the cold recedes and your ear is safe.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Took the go pro back down because the visibility was better and I couldnā€™t resist. I could just watch them all day. Utterly amazing.

Feel like the life is being breathed back into me somewhat!

Just beautiful - the footage and the animal. What a privilege to witness that!

I hope you're starting to feel better both physically and most importantly mentally. Water is so good for the soul so fingers crossed it will work its magic.

Michen

Visit site
Amazing video Michener, how lovely to see. Looks so relaxing, rather you than me though! Hope youā€™re feeling better very soon.

Curious, why? The diving or the sharks?

On average 5 people a year are killed by sharks. We are not food to them nor do they see us as such. Given how closely we ā€œinteractā€ with them aka enter their habitat there would be excessively high numbers of shark/human fatalities if they did.

gallopingby

Visit site
Curious, why? The diving or the sharks?

On average 5 people a year are killed by sharks. We are not food to them nor do they see us as such. Given how closely we ā€œinteractā€ with them aka enter their habitat there would be excessively high numbers of shark/human fatalities if they did.
The diving!! The sharks look happy enough swimming around šŸ˜€ l just wouldnā€™t want to be under/in that much water. Weā€™ve enough on top šŸ˜‚

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Well in the interest of honesty maybe a shark diving trip was not the best idea. I had an utter meltdown like Iā€™ve never had in my life last night (thank you to the very kind person on here who talked me off the ledge- again).

Total claustrophobia on the boat, anxiety, I wanted nothing more than to get off it but didnā€™t want to cause a scene and itā€™s not like you can just call an Uber here!! Then the boat ended up leaving as the weather cleared enough so I was stuck. Horribly bumpy crossing and of course Iā€™ve picked up some shitty cold.

Diving is all about breathing and being relaxed in the water to control your movements and thatā€™s especially important when you have a bloody big tiger shark or great hammerhead milling around you or ten of them at once. I really struggled in Socorro when I went when Bog was last sick. Tough currents, very cold diving, not ideal. I am an experienced, good diver and I felt like a baby one. Itā€™s amazing how your emotional state can affect it. And I jumped in the water today and honestly thought I was going to drown- couldnā€™t control my breathing or do anything rationally. I was under weighted too so had to dive down to descend which is never fun either especially when you have ruptured ear drums.

Anyway it was just a quick ā€œcheckā€ dive but within 5 minutes a huge, huge great hammerhead came within a foot of my eyeline and looked right at me!! Then all was good šŸ˜Š

Now Iā€™m back on the surface Iā€™m still a weeping anxious wreck but hey with four dives a day thatā€™s four hours every day for the next week that I donā€™t have to feel like this šŸ¤£

It turns out your pony really can break you guys, I am gonna have to figure this shit out.

Look on the bright side m.

The pony will still be pleased to see you when he gets back, he will appreciate his dinner and you doing his housework ( stable) whilst doting on his every need.

Could bebworse could be an un grateful bloke who shagged the neighbour whilst you was away lol

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They are amazing but there eyes freak me out a bit and diving is something that absolutely scares me, being under really deep water is a total fear of mine I could never do it.

If you feel your anxiety is getting too much for you I have been having some counselling for mine I started to get it when I wanted to ride, mine also stems from the menopause which was affecting my confidence which was how the anxiety started.

It's BWRT therapy I actually used someone who rides and has treated alot of people with riding issues, but she can basically deal with anything really, I've only had 2 sessions and I do feel a bit better already and have been riding more and definitely don't feel as worried I have another booked for Friday.

Trouper

Visit site
Hope the diving is going well Michen and that the dreaded cold is not spoiling it too much for you. I'm probably going to sound like Granny-Trouper here (so apologies in advance!) but I am not surprised that life is seeming a bit overwhelming just now.

Just think back to what your body, mind and emotions have been subjected over the last 13 months. It's the sort of roller coaster which would floor even the strongest!! It is not surprising that the burnout on all levels is now beginning to show. Assuming that Bog does not throw any more curved balls at you:rolleyes::rolleyes:, can you slow the pace down somewhat when you get back? Obviously work is work, but are there other areas where you can press the pause button and give yourself time to heal? Sort of hunker down for the winter? Our bodies cope with a lot but there is always that last straw. However, some good old-fashioned rest can work wonders!!

Michen

Visit site
Hope the diving is going well Michen and that the dreaded cold is not spoiling it too much for you. I'm probably going to sound like Granny-Trouper here (so apologies in advance!) but I am not surprised that life is seeming a bit overwhelming just now.

Just think back to what your body, mind and emotions have been subjected over the last 13 months. It's the sort of roller coaster which would floor even the strongest!! It is not surprising that the burnout on all levels is now beginning to show. Assuming that Bog does not throw any more curved balls at you:rolleyes::rolleyes:, can you slow the pace down somewhat when you get back? Obviously work is work, but are there other areas where you can press the pause button and give yourself time to heal? Sort of hunker down for the winter? Our bodies cope with a lot but there is always that last straw. However, some good old-fashioned rest can work wonders!!

Hehe you must have known what I was up to last night, thinking about all the different bits of travel and trips I had coming up šŸ¤£

I think as long as I return to Co next week in a much better place than I left then keeping busy will be good, I donā€™t want to sit around sad about not riding Boggle. The next few weeks are already very hectic but lots of fun stuff and when I get home I need to buy my ski pass to get back on the slopes too!

I have visitors from the uk for most of early next year too on and off.

Thank you. X

Michen

Visit site
Haha, same here! The sharks? Awesome! The water/the inky depths? Hello there, my Thalassophobia!

I get that! Itā€™s definitely not for everyone. Iā€™m in the opposite in that I donā€™t like being above water! But very happy under it.