Boggle- USA bound!

Innogen

New User
Visit site
Been following yours and Boggles story for a while, so sorry that this tragic event took place on your trip. Make sure you look after yourself

Michen

Visit site
Thank you everyone. Got to Miami so just 3 hours until my Denver flight and found a quiet corner in the lounge. Nibbled a corner of a sandwich. I have no idea how my body is still functioning on the food it hasn't had! I didn't cry that much yesterday but today I think leaving the crew, guests, my friend, her husband, is somehow really hard. We shared this utter horror and cried together for the last four days and now we go back to our lives somehow and never see each other again, it's weird.

Life is so transient.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh wow Michen, jeepers, don't know what to say.
Life eh, it really can throw the unimaginable at you, good and bad, I'm so sorry you've had such an appalling time xx

Northern Hare

Visit site
So sorry Michen, what a horrifying thing to have experienced - for all of you on the boat of course. It must have been such an emotional wrench to have to part with your fellow divers, for you to all head off home. Safe journey home, and take a day at a time for the moment.

View

Visit site
Nothing I can say that is of help to you.

I can empathise that it must have been horrific, and to be part of the immediate group must have drained you emotionally. I am so sorry that your holiday finished like this.

Michen

Visit site
I really, really really want to go home back to the UK and talked myself out of it once but I could go back from Miami tonight for $450 dollars, and still cancel/get a refund for the Miami- Denver flight I'm on. Except my bag is checked so I'd have to get it offloaded somehow.

And Boggle, and my dog.

I have just as good a support system in the USA but f*** the run instinct is hard to squash.

PurBee

Visit site
It’s natural to want to go ‘home’ after trauma for comfort and to re-set. Healing helps with expressing to those you know well and trust, for support. Would your dog and Bog be looked after ok? If yes, then it’s feasible.

poacher82

Visit site
Oh my goodness, Michen. I'm so sorry this happened. It's horrific it happened at all, but the luck of it happening on your trip is just awful. Wishing you all the good, healthy, healing vibes and Boggle cuddles you need. Take care x

SpotsandBays

Visit site
What an awful experience for you. Do seek out counselling to help you process the trauma. Popping home seems a good idea. Sometimes that similar comfort helps.
I agree ref counselling. You’ve experienced a lot recently M so might be really helpful to work out your feelings etc. So sorry, how terrifying for you!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Oh Michen, what a mess. Completely normal to want to run home - I've also lived abroad and no matter how happy & settled you are, the moment shit hits the fan you immediately feel that way. Have a couple of days home in Colorado before you make any decisions on that front. Equally, if you do decide to go to the UK that's completely fine.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I can't begin to comprehend the horror and trauma of what you've experienced.

I'm so sorry for all you've been through recently. It really is much more than anyone should have to cope with.

Hope you're OK. x

Bradsmum

Visit site
Holy moley I am so sorry for all involved. You definitely need some down time and stability. Get yourself home to Colorado, see Boggle tomoz and settle for a bit of normality for a while. I agree that speaking to a professional after such an event as this and the year you have had would be a good idea. Big hugs 🤗