Boggle- USA bound!

YourValentine

Visit site
Just caught up, and not the update I was expecting. I'm so sorry what a tragic end to your holiday. I really hope 2024 has something better in store for you.

I read an article, academic press not fb, that talked about research showing that (paraphrasing) playing tetris/solitare or something equally unexciting and repetative after a traumatic event helps your brain cope by changing how it processes the trauma reducing the risk of PTSD.

If you enjoy games like that anyway, it might not hurt to spend some quiet time playing them.

I am hunting for the actual article but "tetris ptsd" are rather broad search terms and not having much luck.

Either way I hope Bog therapy helps.

Spottyappy

Visit site
So sorry to read how your diving unfolded.
I am likely to be of no help, but do allow yourself to process what you went through, in how we much time you need, and do stay off work if that’s what you need too.
hope Bog is ok, and pleased to see you.

Michen

Visit site
Bog is just the best therapy ever. Three hours with him and he’s just such a happy, joyful soul to be around. Bounding around in the snow you’d just never know anything was wrong with him and I think he’s improved again since I’ve been gone. Didn’t see him misplace a hoof.

That’s the longest I’ve not had these constant images of blood in my mind since earlier this week.

Best boy, so grateful I have him in my life.

32FEE804-818D-4292-BD96-3D88D5446830.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
Glad you were able to negotiate the snow and get some Bog therapy 🤗. Take care of yourself now. When do you get Pepper cuddles too?

I think she gets back tomorrow 😊 not that she will be much use she never has any sympathy for me but she is so unbelievable with the kids that she loves, when one of them has had a bad day at school or something she doesn’t leave their side and she knows which one (they are twins) needs her and sleeps on their bed when she has the choice.

I thought I was all fixed up but it seems not because going to the supermarket set me off again. Gah. Weird.

Also weird, meat. Even looking at it makes my stomach flip and I want to hurl. Probably needed to give it up anyway cos of the heart thing and I don’t ever really buy it, other than restaurants or something ready made but it just makes me feel 🤢.

Bradsmum

Visit site
Take it slow and be kind to yourself, you’ll get there to the point that it’s not so traumatic but it will take time. Hope Pepper shows her caring side. At least between her and Boggle they will bring a bit of normality and routine which will help.

Michen

Visit site
Thank you. It's amazing to see Bog like this. I know it's so unimportant and stupid to have ever been so upset over what happened in the grand scheme of things, I feel like a right idiot for having been!

11 hours sleep this time, guess my body is catching up. Thank goodness for the melatonin laced gummies so easily available here.

little_critter

Visit site
You had every right to feel stressed and upset over Bog, he is very important to you and he WAS ill.
Just because something devastating has happened, it doesn’t negate the very valid feelings you had.
Please take very good care of yourself, I worry that you were in a fragile state anyway and the events on your diving trip could have a serious impact on you.
The good old British stiff upper lip is not always a good thing. Be very kind to yourself.

SEL

Visit site
Bog looks amazing - hard to think there was anything wrong with him. You can't been yourself up over worrying back then because that was totally normal. Fortunately no one can look into the future and see something worse just around the corner so we deal with today

Proper snow - lovely. UK is just very cold, very wet, very grey and very miserable.....