CDJ withdrawn from paris

tristars

Visit site
I have been shocked twice yesterday, once by cjd then the pammy Hutton thing, who seemed to talk very calmly saying it was wrong, my god are these people all in it together?, where was the outrage, disgust and passion that should now after all the revelations recently be bringing the axe down to end the sheer barbaric brutality these innocent horses are subjected to, and as for a cull, dont make me laugh our horses who are not wrecked by ignorant training are valued for who and what they are

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
When you ask for “context”, using analogies such as this, is it any wonder people think you’re excusing her behaviour?

In the example you offer, there is justification for the rough behaviour. By asking for context, you’re suggesting there is some circumstance that could justify hitting a horse repeatedly on the legs. That is how your post reads in the context of your own choice of example.

FWIW, I do not believe the rest of the footage would in any way explain her actions, and I suspect the whole video is uncomfortable viewing for those of us uncomfortable with the nature of modern dressage.
I was merely giving an example of context as some appeared to struggle with the concept. I have said oooh 4 times now I don't condone her behaviour nor am I looking to excuse it.

However I am entitled to say I'd be curious to see the whole lesson. Given who the whistle-blower is it makes one wonder whether they were involved in unacceptable behaviour too prior to the clip being shown. That does not absolve CDJ at all and neither was I intimating it would or should 😉

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I have been shocked twice yesterday, once by cjd then the pammy Hutton thing, who seemed to talk very calmly saying it was wrong, my god are these people all in it together?, where was the outrage, disgust and passion that should now after all the revelations recently be bringing the axe down to end the sheer barbaric brutality these innocent horses are subjected to, and as for a cull, dont make me laugh our horses who are not wrecked by ignorant training are valued for who and what they are
You don’t need to be beating your chest in order to put your point across 🤷🏻‍♀️

JFTDWS

Visit site
I was merely giving an example of context as some appeared to struggle with the concept. I have said oooh 4 times now I don't condone her behaviour nor am I looking to excuse it.

However I am entitled to say I'd be curious to see the whole lesson. Given who the whistle-blower is it makes one wonder whether they were involved in unacceptable behaviour too prior to the clip being shown. That does not absolve CDJ at all and neither was I intimating it would or should 😉
But that is exactly what you’re doing. You’re trying to drag the rider into it. Trying to make her a part of the problem too. That’s deflecting the responsibility away from the person who was in the position of power.

It’s not other people “struggling with the concept of context”, it’s you who seems to be struggling with the concept of subtext, whether intentional or otherwise.

But perhaps that’s your intention. I’m not convinced you’re on the level…

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
But perhaps that’s your intention. I’m not convinced you’re on the level…
That's a bit rude and unnecessarily provocative. I think Ditchjumper2 has explained her post several times , and I found it very easy to understand where she was coming from and the intention behind her post. I think you are either just being deliberately rude or perhaps just deliberately obtuse? :(

Onlywayisup

Visit site
Could someone explain why a rapist of a twelve year old child, is being allowed to play volley ball at the Olympics, surely this is worse and he deserves to be suspended. I do not agree with what Charlotte has done but the Olympics should have standards.

skinnydipper

Visit site
Could someone explain why a rapist of a twelve year old child, is being allowed to play volley ball at the Olympics, surely this is worse and he deserves to be suspended. I do not agree with what Charlotte has done but the Olympics should have standards.

Could you post that on another thread please. We don't want this one locked again.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
that has all been discussed before but got taken down

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
Thread 'Just in case we thought it was only equestrianism that is flawed…' https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/...as-only-equestrianism-that-is-flawed….840181/

Take that discussion to that thread please.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site

It’s not right, I think it’s been said many times that it’s because he’s served his sentence. It’s the Dutch courts that decided he should get such a short time in jail, and the Dutch selectors that chose him.

Charlotte is suspended because it’s under investigation. Whether she will ride again remains to be seen.

Am I remembering incorrectly or did Lance Armstrong race again years after he was banned?

I think top level dressage might be nearing an end. It’s perhaps not achievable with kind riding. It doesn’t look nice. And I’ve always thought that about the Spanish Riding school etc with their movements above the ground. Ugly, not showing good horsemanship to me, just taking it too far.

I have thought for a good few years that equine events don’t belong at the Olympics. In Eventing it’s not even the highest level competition, and I wince watching some nations sending people that shouldn’t be there but have bought a good horse.

tristars

Visit site
Yes and you can train a horse without beating it to get your point across, while someone is sitting on its back with double bits and spurs to get your er, point across, CJD says valegro had a hard mouth, so what does that tell about the standard, horse with hard mouth is the gold medal winner, now this is just my own experience but, if a horse has a hard mouth it's because the training is bad or the horse has a conformational defect,thick gullet etc, why do I have a feeling this time things will change, because its the English perhaps

martyfisch

Visit site
By that logic every teacher of every miscreant should be held liable for whatever they get up to?
Having worked in education, teachers are held liable, which is why everything is documented in minute detail and then made available to all necessary parties. It's partly why I left teaching...