CDJ withdrawn from paris

Caski

Visit site
Find more classical/kind role models away from competitive equestrian sport? Have her lusting after being like Anya Beran, Bettina Biolik, Lockie Phillips, perhaps even look at Think Like a Pony and Eat Sleep Ride, and there are probably others. Anyone WAY up on a pedestal is likely to fall, at some point, and that is a life lesson. Look beyond the bling and the PR.

Classical Equitation by Anja Beran​

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Very sadly, my instructor whom I have used frequently since I was twelve, is a stage 3 BHS instructor, and I always thought was great campaigner for horse welfare, has shared and liked the post. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but she definitely will not be getting my business anymore.
I’ve seen a few people share this letter to CDJ on Facebook, people I really didn’t expect to, but hey ho, as you say, anyone is entitled t their opinion

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I think you’re comparing apples with oranges here. Whilst it goes without saying - abuse occurs; the wider equestrian industry cannot be likened to animals in a circus, large marine animals in small tanks or large animals in captivity, in zoos.

The relationship between man and horse is ancient.

I don’t think baseless doom and gloom is helpful.
I agree with you.

Thing is by this reasoning of seeing riding horses dying out soon pets will be a thing of the past then as well, of all shapes and sizes. Abuse seems to be the forefront of the thrust of cancelling everything to do with animals 👀 farming animals is abuse, so no more meat, riding horses is abuse, no more horse riding, keeping a dog outside/not walking said dog 20xs a day/feeding the dog a perfect diet etc is abuse no more pet dogs and on and on and on.

I swear that I have read more sanctimonious cr@p over various platforms in the last 48hours than in the last say year of other issues being present, the dodgy dealers, the horse welfare cases, the bad farriery etc before I even touch other animal welfare cases or even touch on the amount of videos posted on sh!t£eventers/riders etc of horses having their back teeth ripped out/socked in the chops/showing pain symptoms but getting ridden through. The difference is, it’s not an Olympian getting the kicking. And no before anyone piles on with ‘oh you are just defending your idol’ blah blah blah I have absolutely no love for dressage, I just did my first test since about 2011 so defo no dressage diva over here.

Whether you think deserved or not this woman’s life and her child’s life has been dramatically altered in the last few days, she is being crucified before the altar of social media, taking a step back I can honestly see the Caroline flack situation all over again and as a human being with her own opinions about this $h!t show I pray that doesn’t happen to another young woman.

JenJ

Visit site
I've got say thanks to HHO for giving me hope at this time - I have a lot of "horsey people" on my work FB account (as work in equestrian field to a degree) and I've seen so many posts defending CDJ, saying she is such a fantastic horsewoman etc. It has actually shocked me more than the video itself, the number of people who can condone it. It just further proves that the rot goes deep.
I'm pleased to say that I've not seen a single post or comment from any of my facebook friends condoning this. I was hesitant about even looking, for fear of what I'd find, but nope, apparently I have some decent people as friends!

OrinocoFlo

New User
Visit site
I know at the start she says ‘this is so s*** at whipping them hard’ but I’ve just listened the the following dialogue more closely (and haven’t seen it noted anywhere?!)

Rider: I don’t want to hurt him
CDJ: Huh?
R: I don’t want to hurt him
CDJ: It cracks, it doesn’t actually whip them

So was it just cracking, and not whipping the horse?! In which case, has this been blown beyond what it is?
Bottom line is it’s still a horrendous video and she put the rider at risk, so punishment is deserved but maybe it’s lesson learnt and don’t do it again. I’m conflicted.
It definitely hits the horse. She makes sure of that.

You don’t need to swing your arm that much to make the whip crack. In fact you can make it crack with the tiniest twitch of your wrist.

Barklands

Visit site
Should someone be driven to end their life due to merciless trolling though? CDJ by her own admission struggled mentally when her relationship ended a few years ago.
The thing with Caroline Flack is yes, it was incredibly sad she took her own life.
She had mental health problems that had been apparent since her teens and early career that she battled.
Of course the media spotlight on what she did and public opinion didn’t help but it doesn’t change the fact she assaulted someone pretty seriously because she thought he was cheating on her
I agree with you.

Thing is by this reasoning of seeing riding horses dying out soon pets will be a thing of the past then as well, of all shapes and sizes. Abuse seems to be the forefront of the thrust of cancelling everything to do with animals 👀 farming animals is abuse, so no more meat, riding horses is abuse, no more horse riding, keeping a dog outside/not walking said dog 20xs a day/feeding the dog a perfect diet etc is abuse no more pet dogs and on and on and on.

I swear that I have read more sanctimonious cr@p over various platforms in the last 48hours than in the last say year of other issues being present, the dodgy dealers, the horse welfare cases, the bad farriery etc before I even touch other animal welfare cases or even touch on the amount of videos posted on sh!t£eventers/riders etc of horses having their back teeth ripped out/socked in the chops/showing pain symptoms but getting ridden through. The difference is, it’s not an Olympian getting the kicking. And no before anyone piles on with ‘oh you are just defending your idol’ blah blah blah I have absolutely no love for dressage, I just did my first test since about 2011 so defo no dressage diva over here.

Whether you think deserved or not this woman’s life and her child’s life has been dramatically altered in the last few days, she is being crucified before the altar of social media, taking a step back I can honestly see the Caroline flack situation all over again and as a human being with her own opinions about this $h!t show I pray that doesn’t happen to another young woman.
I could not have said this better myself.

JenJ

Visit site
I do feel for her child in all this, fortunately she's too young to understand anything yet
The child will be blissfully unaware of it all, aside from their mother being upset. By the time the child is old enough to be aware of talk, the dust will have settled, and either Charlotte will have resumed her career where she left off, or quietly fade away. The child will either way likely have a rosy childhood.

JenJ

Visit site
Should someone be driven to end their life due to merciless trolling though? CDJ by her own admission struggled mentally when her relationship ended a few years ago.
Of course they shouldn't but where on earth is it suggested that CDJ is being mercilessly trolled?

She's been caught out, and is now discovering the consequences. Nothing to do with trolling.

conniegirl

Visit site
The child will be blissfully unaware of it all, aside from their mother being upset. By the time the child is old enough to be aware of talk, the dust will have settled, and either Charlotte will have resumed her career where she left off, or quietly fade away. The child will either way likely have a rosy childhood.
Not if CDJ is driven to doing something stupid like caroline flack was.

you are never too young to be aware of that.
CDJ has openly admitted mental health issues in the past and i hope to god they do not resurface because of this

JenJ

Visit site
Not if CDJ is driven to doing something stupid like caroline flack was.

you are never too young to be aware of that.
CDJ has openly admitted mental health issues in the past and i hope to god they do not resurface because of this
No. I was 10 months old when my mother did that.

But this situation is absolutely nothing like the situation with Caroline Flack.

eahotson

Visit site
Let's hope so.

conniegirl

Visit site
No. I was 10 months old when my mother did that.

But this situation is absolutely nothing like the situation with Caroline Flack.
In what way is it different?
There is the media on her yard and doorstep, she is being slaughtered globally on social media, she has been abandoned by her mentor, there have been death threats on social media.
Heck even one of the most notorious horse abusers in Dressage has more support than her.
Her career is in tatters, her future looks very bleak, she has well documented mental health issues.

So again, how is it different?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I didn't want to start another thread for it, but it's already started.... And we all thought that they would be playing 'holier than thou' considering the CDJ debacle.
It makes me sick to my stomach, if I had tickets I certainly wouldn't be going. Get it banned, from the Olympics and at elite level full stop - when is enough ever going to be enough? Ban it and then rebuild it from scratch with goodness at its core for those who do it correctly (Becky, Lewis, Carl et al), however that is achieved.
(And before anyone tropes out the 'it's a moment in time', no it wasn't, the many photos were posted by the stud who bred the horse, and they were all like this - now deleted after backlash in the comments)

I'm not a violent person but I'd quite like to put that double in his mouth, strap it shut and then try and rip his jaw off with it for 2 hours :mad:

ETA: She's an event horse, not a dressage horse, my error there - my point still stands

1721932771053.png1721932810550.png

Last edited:

SO1

Visit site
The mirror was saying a few year back her net worth was estimated to around 11.5m possibly even as much as 28m if she is that wealthy she may not need a plan B if her career is over.

I struggle to believe that she is that wealthy from a dressage career but if she is then she won't have to worry necessarily on the finance side of things.

I agree that death threats are not appropriate.

I hope she has good support and a solid plan B because she deserves her equestrian career to be over.

scats

Visit site
In the case of those people who bring up the Caroline Flack thing, would they be saying the same thing if it was a child abuser being vilified over social media? Because surely they are still a human being with feelings/mental health troubles?
Or does the #bekind stuff not matter then? Were people calling for #Bekind to Lucy Letby?
Thought not.

(Just a musing on the way my brain sees things, not an attempt to derail the thread)

eahotson

Visit site

OrinocoFlo

New User
Visit site
In what way is it different?
There is the media on her yard and doorstep, she is being slaughtered globally on social media, she has been abandoned by her mentor, there have been death threats on social media.
Heck even one of the most notorious horse abusers in Dressage has more support than her.
Her career is in tatters, her future looks very bleak, she has well documented mental health issues.

So again, how is it different?
It’s arguably worse for her than it was for Caroline. I think the vitriol (thoroughly deserved imo) is far more intense because her victim is an innocent creature rather than a bloke.

I’d also bet that CDJ is far more well known globally than CF who was a C list celebrity/presenter only really famous in the UK.

CDJ has an awful lot more to lose, reputationally.

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
The mirror was saying a few year back her net worth was estimated to around 11.5m possibly even as much as 28m if she is that wealthy she may not need a plan B if her career is over.

I struggle to believe that she is that wealthy from a dressage career but if she is then she won't have to worry necessarily on the finance side of things.

I agree that death threats are not appropriate.
She has sold some very expensive horses.

Barklands

Visit site
In the case of those people who bring up the Caroline Flack thing, would they be saying the same thing if it was a child abuser being vilified over social media? Because surely they are still a human being with feelings/mental health troubles?
Or does the #bekind stuff not matter then? Were people calling for #Bekind to Lucy Letby?
Thought not.

(Just a musing on the way my brain sees things, not an attempt to derail the thread)
I’m sorry but you cannot compare this to a child abuser or a murderer.

scats

Visit site
I’m sorry but you cannot compare this to a child abuser or a murderer.

I’m not comparing it. You’re missing the point.
I’m trying to understand where the line is drawn with regards the #bekind thing. If it’s #bekind because everyone is a human being at risk of committing suicide if pushed too far, then who makes that decision who is worthy or not.