CDJ withdrawn from paris

Jayzee

Visit site
I think (as other posters have mentioned) that this could be the tip of the iceberg for equestrian sport as a whole. There are some very unfavourable practices that go on across all the disciplines.

I'll reserve further judgement until there is a more complete picture but it does not paint a pretty picture both for welfare, the sport and the timing of this coming to light

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I hope she is getting plenty of support because this must be horrible for her.

I think it may be better if this thread was closed because I'm not sure what it can achieve; the various federations will investigate and she is suspended for 6 months.

If we want to take something out of the news then use it as an opportunity to reflect on your own relationship with your horse(s) and see if there is anything you'd want to improve. (There might not be, I don't mean that in an accusatory way)

U.N.Owen

Visit site
Using the whip to teach piaffe is trick training, not developing a true piaffe which is the end goal of collection (well, that or levade). But it's used very lightly as a tap-tap-tap, and shouldn’t ever cause any discomfort, let alone pain.
Agree, the old time trainers like Nuno didn't even teach piaffe from the ground all from ridden.

teddy_

Visit site
More unsubstantiated media reporting….. I’m genuinely not trying to say I think she is innocent or guilty, I’m simply saying that speculation by journalists (and not you Planete, I DO mean the journalists) isn’t helpful.

But I realise it will happen. That’s society nowadays

The lawyer is representing his clients interests not the facts of the matter, and why the girl chose just now to go public….🤷‍♀️
What exactly is speculative about this particular article, though?

What are the facts of the matter then 🧐?

Upthecreek

Visit site
In her slight defence here, she hasn’t tried to make up an excuse or reason, just held her hands up and said it’s unacceptable and she’s let us down.. or her PR team have anyway

Maybe rather than people making excuses, I meant I am fed up with people who are caught out thinking people are stupid. Does she really expect people to believe that the time she was caught on video is the one and only time she has ever done this?

“What happened was completely out of character and does not reflect how I train my horses or coach my pupils, however there is no excuse. I am deeply ashamed and should have set a better example in that moment."

scats

Visit site
Please, no calling for the thread to be closed.

If the thread offends your sensibilities just don’t engage with it.

This is momentous.

Totally agree.

People should be mindful of posting potentially libellous comments, but I think we need to keep these channels of discussion open, for the future of our sport and the animals we love.

ecb89

Visit site
I hope she is getting plenty of support because this must be horrible for her.

I think it may be better if this thread was closed because I'm not sure what it can achieve; the various federations will investigate and she is suspended for 6 months.

If we want to take something out of the news then use it as an opportunity to reflect on your own relationship with your horse(s) and see if there is anything you'd want to improve. (There might not be, I don't mean that in an accusatory way)
Completely disagree. This thread should stay open unless something libellous is posted and if it is then those posts removed.
If you don’t like it scroll on by.

teddy_

Visit site
As I have said repeatedly - WE DON’T KNOW THE FACTS!

Thats what the investigation will uncover. Anything else is rumour and speculation.
It is clear that whatever was filmed was unsavoury; otherwise CDJ would not suggest she was “deeply ashamed”.

I don’t think that really amounts to speculation.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
No we do not know the facts but it must be pretty bad for a six month ban and a apology. Its going to be more than a gentle tap.

OK - my last comment before I walk away, saying the same thing over and over again is clearly pointless.

It is not a six month ban - CDJ has agreed to that suspension whilst the investigation takes place - bearing in mind the speed the FEI seems to do anything i can understand why the timescale is so generous. I refer to the statement from the British Equestrian Federation.

ecb89

Visit site
As I have said repeatedly - WE DON’T KNOW THE FACTS!

Thats what the investigation will uncover. Anything else is rumour and speculation.
What facts would you like? What colour the whip was? What brand of breeches she was wearing. A video had been seen of her hitting a horse. Hitting a horse so badly that she has been forced to withdraw and subsequently suspended.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Please, no calling for the thread to be closed.

If the thread offends your sensibilities just don’t engage with it.

This is momentous.

If the allegations were trivial CDJ would not have reacted in the way that she did.

Spot on, people want to discuss things like this, closing it allows it to be brushed under the carpet

Too much button pressing now

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
If we can’t discuss the biggest news story in equestrian probably of the last ten years, here on Horse and Hound’s, an equestrian news magazine, own forum then that would be quite bizarre.

I completely understand why forum admin needed to pause, evaluate and remove but I’m glad they have decided that the thread continues.

It goes to both public interest and the forum’s relevance - this is an enormous news story and the consequences are widely acknowledged to be ‘far-reaching’. It could change the form and nature of horse sports. It is not an idle bit of social media gossip.

Sandstone1

Visit site
OK - my last comment before I walk away, saying the same thing over and over again is clearly pointless.

It is not a six month ban - CDJ has agreed to that suspension whilst the investigation takes place - bearing in mind the speed the FEI seems to do anything i can understand why the timescale is so generous. I refer to the statement from the British Equestrian Federation.
Ok I take the word BAN back, however the apology shes made and pulling out of the Olympics is not going to have been done lightly. The bcc news has just mentioned " beating a horse excessively" Not my words, the news at 10.....

Upthecreek

Visit site
The statement is clearly damage limitation because they know that the video will be leaked. I don’t think anyone would say that they are “deeply ashamed” of a training method if it is something that most people would find normal and acceptable, whether they know one end of a horse from the other or not.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Ok I take the word BAN back, however the apology shes made and pulling out of the Olympics is not going to have been done lightly. The bcc news has just mentioned " beating a horse excessively" Not my words, the news at 10.....
I do think that those of you giving credence to some of the reporting outlets just need to step back 10 paces or so. That’s not to say that the basis of their reporting on this story is incorrect (obviously it’s not), but the veracity may be a tad over cooked. Because unless any of them have seen the video the only comment they can make is to repeat the statement of the solicitor and the FEI.

Sanversera

Visit site
Horse abuse is a terrible thing and it needs to be stopped. Not swept under the carpet. Remember that fox hunting woman hitting the kids pony? Shocking.and the eventer hitting the horse with a branch to make it go into the water? Totally wrong. This dressage thing is yet another. I feel sorry for the animals involved. They had no choice.