Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
There was someone looking for a 'surf single' the other day.. apparently there weren't any available on ebay - really??!!!

We all have to learn somewhere - but surely just 5 minutes with google would have helped !!

Yup, saw that one on my local page! Owner seemed totally clueless.

People are forever after bargains. The eternal 'Will you take £5 for it?' when they've posted it at £10 or whatever. Dear me, how much money do people think horses cost?!

Last edited:

vam

Visit site
I tried to sell my Sarm Hippique boots, the nice soft, cost me an arm and a leg new ones, they are in near perfect condition just, you know, been ridden in. I wondered why i didn't have any interest and reading this I've realised i was asking £148.50 to much for them. Silly me for thinking that for boots I've looked after and kept in really good condition shouldn't be sold for peanuts :rolleyes3: I was happy to drop the price a bit but i'm sure as heck not letting them go for nothing. Am i just weird or something? I like a bargain but even i know that quality costs even second hand.
Don't get me started on horsey car boots....

only_me

Visit site
Just seen an update on one of the Facebook pages someone who has been trying to sell her pony for ages (at least 4-5 months). Pony has conformational deformity (hind leg is so straight causing it to be deformed) and is therefore unable to be ridden. It is being sold as a companion pony only - just for £20.

Unreal. Poor pony - would be better off being pts than passed off for £20!!

My Muppet

Visit site
One on the Kent page which is 'snuffle mouthed'. Sure it's just a typo but it conjured up cute images of a do g like sniffer-pony :D

Love this. I saw a saddle advertised "inc stir up irons". I could have done with a pair of those with my last mare, lazy ****** she was. :)

Last edited:

lrw0250

Visit site
One just appeared on my local horsey page – young teenage girl who is always advertising looking for a share or loan this time wondering how much roughly it would cost to microchip “2 irish draft thorough breads”

Tempted to tell her its lots of dough and see if she gets it!

Kadastorm

Visit site
One just appeared on my local horsey page – young teenage girl who is always advertising looking for a share or loan this time wondering how much roughly it would cost to microchip “2 irish draft thorough breads”

Tempted to tell her its lots of dough and see if she gets it!

PLEASE do this! and then tell us her response :D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Not FB, but Preloved.

I'm wanting a loving safe horse that's free to a good home,the horse will come to a 5* loving home,we take care of all our horses like they are babies,will accept anything over 15hh,I've had tbs ,tb cross,and a trakehner,I've ridden cobs and sports horses,email me if you have anything ASAP

CowCob

Visit site
Wasn't on FB but I have a load of my horsie stuff up for sale because the horse fund is empty. When I got Cobble I bought a 16" saddle, or so it was advertised, turns out it's 15" and I need a 17" so it was hurting Cobble and myself so it was abandoned in the tack room under the rugs to protect from finch poo. I bought this saddle for around £100, used it twice and decided I didn't like it so I thought it was a bargain for someone to get it for £50/45ish. Cheeky mare replies "cn i have it for £15 all of my tak gt stln" after getting a pro decipherer on the case I politely (as I could) stated that I'd paid well over three times that much originally, only to get "i'll giv u £20" breath, count to 10, make cuppa, ignore and block.

CowCob

Visit site
Bloody hell! I've just joined KEG and already I've found a fund me and a poor cob mare getting her mouth yanked off. Poor things head is in it's chest, the lad who's on her is almost on her bloody neck as well!

Grinchmass

Visit site
I've got my mate advertised for share, due to time with my job.

Specifically state no novices or children, so I get message from a child novice. Only been riding a year (at riding schools), but it's ok, because I've loved horses since I was 6...

I understand, being a horse mad child myself at their age, and not having my own, but do parents not keep track with what their children do these days? As assuming they'd need their parents as a taxi service if someone was to say yes?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
somone posted on one facebook group asking 'what bread is my horse pls?' - i couldnt resist and replied with 'I recon wholemeal with perhaps a hint of granary' - it got quite a few likes, lol

only_me

Visit site
I'm horrified to see so many 2nd hand back protectors and hats for sale on the Facebook site.

I just can't believe people would risk themselves to save a few pound on something that isn't that expensive to buy in the first place!!

Hippona

Visit site
I was vilified for suggesting that if you have to beg on line for donations then it's not really much of a rescue...

Apparently suggesting you fund it yourself is outrageous.

Ps I really need a brand new pair of Bromonts. Regular fit, size 5.5. Black. Willing to pay up to £12 Inc delivery. Cheers.

[59668]

Visit site
Ok, I think the funniest ever has just appeared on Kent equestrian grapevine.

The post reads "who is equestrian grapevine?"

Then someone replies trying to explain it's a group with admits, then the op replies again with "it's not Kent equestrian grapevine then"...

Honestly, someone help me out! What exactly does this post mean?!

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
I'm horrified to see so many 2nd hand back protectors and hats for sale on the Facebook site.

I just can't believe people would risk themselves to save a few pound on something that isn't that expensive to buy in the first place!!

And there was me thinking binning the hat which got walloped off the compacted gravel driveway yesterday when my horse bucked me off was the right thing to do... Maybe I should sell it on FB to recoup the cost of a new one... (Lol!)

SadKen

Visit site
One popped up yesterday for a companion home for a horse with atrial fibrillation. I am prepared to stand corrected, but believe this to be a heart condition that presumably would make the horse dangerous to be ridden. The advert did say the horse had been a companion for two years due to this, but also that he was a sweetheart to handle AND TO RIDE. Free to good home.

Surely this is just asking for someone unscrupulous to take the horse and sell it on as rideable, or someone stupid to take a chance and start riding it. If it was mine, I'd PTS rather than give him away. Looked a real sweetie so I'm going to assume owners are naive rather than daft.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have to sit on my hands so as not to respond to the idiots on my local FB groups. There was a post yesterday asking for a horse to share which would be the perfect RC all rounder (fun rides, SJ, perfect to hack, DR, not naughty at all but with a bit of sparkle... etc etc), the potential loaner wanted to be able to ride and compete it whenever she wanted... and pay the princely sum of £10 a week for the pleasure.
I also see a lot of adverts for "Stubborn" saddles. I have to wonder how exactly a saddle can be stubborn... ;)
Currently there is an ad for a "stunning" saddle. I'm not sure you can ever describe a saddle as stunning, it's just a saddle...

pip6

Visit site
Maybe it has been well cleaned?

I've always found it amazing when people try to invite themselves for a ride on your horse when they find you own one (or more), and I've very politely told them they weren't suitable for their darling who's sat on a donkey at the beach once, they get all stroppy on you! Apparently your meant to be gagging to bust a gut to keep your horses for their convenience and pleasure to ride whenever they want to.

A good friend asked me to allow her part loaner to ride my old girl once a week when her horse died. Appreciating the girl had had a tough time, I agreed to it. Started off okay, until I lost my old girl. As she had been okay I said she could ride my youngster once a week if she had a 30 min lesson from a friend (who taught me, so horse got consistant messages) every fortnight to get her riding good enough to cope with hacking her. They started getting later and later for prearranged riding times, expecting me to have her groomed and tacked up ready for her to just hop on, then dad refused to pay for lessons, as his daughter was good enough. I thought enough of my youngster, and his kids life to know she wasn't up to it so the combination of everything I just knocked it on the head. I asked for no money, the lesson cost £15 per fortnight. If he could afford all the gear, he could afford that. She wouldn't have been able to ride at a local school for that. No chores, nothing asked of her, and they would turn up an hour late expecting me to have just stood about waiting for them with the horse ready. Really puts you off trying to help people.