Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

IrishMilo

Visit site
Have a good home available for something that needs a home ASAP. Maybe an ex racer or one that someone can't look after or one that can be rescued from being put down

Anyone else find those sorts of posts odd? Or brush off weirdly? I just feel it's someone wanting to have a story or be a saviour.. Guess nothing wrong with that 🤷 I'm bothered by everything lately though 😅

I've looked for this sort of thing before. I'm not competitive so I don't need a world beater, but I'm competent enough to take a risk on something. I enjoy knowing I've given a horse who would otherwise be shafted a good home, or a chance to come right. I've done it a few times and would absolutely do it again (I have a thread on here about a horse called Tucker who I bought off the track with a broken pelvis).

IrishMilo

Visit site
17’3h wb available on loan, 6 yr old. Will only go to the best yard and riders. Done very little due to size and rider ability. Must be within 20mins of Reading. References must be provided along with videos of riding and track record. Must be prepared to put the work in but not run him into the ground. Owner will want to be able to visit and come to shows. Please comment location and experience.

So basically you want a professional to take him FOC on competition livery…

4Hoofed

Visit site
I’ve been shown this picture soo many times by people telling me he’s bigger than my boy. (Including my poor other half who just wanted to know the breed bless him as he thought “Caspers” only) came in ginger bless him!

I don’t know what it is when you have a big/heavy horse but people seem obsessed with tagging me in videos saying look I found one bigger 😅😅 no that one’s morbidly obese 😬😬 poor pony.

TheChestnutThing

Visit site
ISH advertised and the ridden pics are of him over-bent in draw-reins. Plus a few of him flat out, asleep in a field. I mean seriously…. Is her mum forcing her to sell and she’s deliberately putting buyers off?

Oh I saw this one….really wanted to comment “do you have any photos or videos without the drawreins”.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
ISH advertised and the ridden pics are of him over-bent in draw-reins. Plus a few of him flat out, asleep in a field. I mean seriously…. Is her mum forcing her to sell and she’s deliberately putting buyers off?
Seeing loads of "much-loved " horses for sale without a single ridden picture. Mainly the obligatory lying down and muzzle shots....
Would explain if they are trying not to sell.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
17’3h wb available on loan, 6 yr old. Will only go to the best yard and riders. Done very little due to size and rider ability. Must be within 20mins of Reading. References must be provided along with videos of riding and track record. Must be prepared to put the work in but not run him into the ground. Owner will want to be able to visit and come to shows. Please comment location and experience.

Tbf I know a few people that would be interested as they don't have sufficient funds to purchase. Problem is if they turn the horse around then it goes up for sale.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Seeing loads of "much-loved " horses for sale without a single ridden picture. Mainly the obligatory lying down and muzzle shots....
Would explain if they are trying not to sell.

I saw a 'family pony' for sale that the children had apparently grown out of.

Lots of lying down, grazing or stable pics. Not a single picture of this 'much loved family pony' being ridden!

Titchy Pony

Visit site
Just seen a nice BOGOF on facebook. Buy a 15 yo french trotter needing to be brought back into work (3000€) and get his 27 yo companion (no mention of size or anything else) free. Only together and to a 5 star home. Bargain. What could possibly go wrong for the horses or the new owner?

little_critter

Visit site

maisie06

Visit site
Interesting set of pictures on this one...

She looks sad....poor thing, If I win the lotto this week I will buy her and she can live out her life with some company next to my Donkey's I'm going to get!

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
:eek:We should buy these & divvi them up between us! I make that £375 each...

16 horses as one load. Must be collected and moved as no transport. Will need to load them too. Foals, mares in foals, gelding, youngsters. From 12.2hh - 16.2hh.
X4 filly foals all make 14.2hh plus, appaloosa x show jumper, x3 Welsh pb. X3 colts, one Welsh D heavy, one cob x and one Welsh C. Heavy cob gelding build like a tank, 15.2hh. Ridden in past. Tb mare run with stallion, has been ridden. X2 Welsh x tb mares run with stallion, one has been ridden. X1 PRE mare run with stallion. Welsh C mare run with stallion, has been ridden. Welsh D mare run with stallion, has been ridden. Cob x ID mare red dun, run with stallion. Welsh A yearling filly.

Not splitting. Various ages and height. Price is for lot. No offers! No hidden numbers. No time wasters.

Price: £6,000 no offers

Oh my goodness, I've seen this herd, they're just down the road from me.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

I'd be happy with that, l love the process of changing babies into adults, it's such fun when they change so rapidly at that stage of life.

IrishMilo

Visit site
I'd be happy with that, l love the process of changing babies into adults, it's such fun when they change so rapidly at that stage of life.
You're a better person than me! I'd want paying, or for the horse to be mine. It's the tone that irks me in the ad, to be fair.