Cheltenham

Clodagh

Visit site
I try not to comment on racing threads now as generally there is far to much bitching about Trainers and owners. Im afraid you have to be more open minded because in NH would be a lot poorer if it was not for Gigginstown ,JP McManus,Willie Mullins and RR etc. They all pump in huge amounts of money that racing badly needs. Everybody used to hate MartinPipe in his hey day however he brought inovation into racing that changed it. Its similar on the flat with the Maktoums without them what would racing be.
Now for Cheltenham be wary because unless they get some reasonable rain and then dries it will ride really dead due to the recent freeze so stamina will be at a premium!

I like all the others, I just don't trust RR. Running a bookies and owning horses...? Mind you, no one makes people place ante post bets!

KautoStar1

Visit site
Well Altior has an abscess and Douvan goes for the Champion Chase. This could be an interesting few days with the ground on the soft side and people juggling their runners. If it turns into a slog I can see some odd results. On the plus side soft ground is better in terms of fallers and Native River looks a good price for the Gold Cup.

humblepie

Visit site
Fingers crossed Altior is okay and runs. Glad that Douvan is running Wednesday as that's the day I am going and I wanted to see him.

Clodagh

Visit site
Well Altior has an abscess and Douvan goes for the Champion Chase. This could be an interesting few days with the ground on the soft side and people juggling their runners. If it turns into a slog I can see some odd results. On the plus side soft ground is better in terms of fallers and Native River looks a good price for the Gold Cup.

Oh no! I wonder if he really has or NH doesn't want to run him on heavy? I think probably the former, he ran in heavy last time, didn't he?

popsdosh

Visit site
Oh no! I wonder if he really has or NH doesn't want to run him on heavy? I think probably the former, he ran in heavy last time, didn't he?

NH has no reason to lie if he doesnt want to run him on Heavy he would say so. Cheltenham can change a lot before Friday and will be on relatively fresh ground for the gold cup

Clodagh

Visit site
NH has no reason to lie if he doesnt want to run him on Heavy he would say so. Cheltenham can change a lot before Friday and will be on relatively fresh ground for the gold cup

Altiuor is Champion Chase. Anyway, have just seen the actual report and he should still be running. I so want to see him V Douvan.

popsdosh

Visit site
Altiuor is Champion Chase. Anyway, have just seen the actual report and he should still be running. I so want to see him V Douvan.

I was just making a general observation about the going later in the week later in the week . It can dry quite quickly with the drainage system they have in place.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
why oh why do they not undo the tight grakle on bouvier d air? i understand that some horses need to be controlled in the race but that poor horse is still walking around trying to breathe after a tough race. im sure he would have had some water if he could have opened his mouth a bit. there is so much bad feeling about dressage horses being kranked in (and rightly so!!!) where are the racing welfare people!!!!!! i would have thought NH would have been more sympathetic to the horse...some of you that work in racing, please enlighten me.....

Clodagh

Visit site
I'm 100% with you there. ITV would have been better off not showing how tight it was in the first place, and it should have been undone on pulling up. He looked shakey when he first pulled up, he worked really hard and would have liked to swallow and rearrange his tongue, I am sure.

Visit site
It's normally the first thing that is undone and usually if you forget or get wait too long to do it the vets come and tell you to undo it and give you a rollicking! So not sure where they were during all of this either! But yes - shame on the person bringing him in for not undoing it straight away!

It's been a good days racing! I am disappointed that Apples Jade was beaten but that's racing! She does better for having a recent run and she hadn't ran since the end of December.

Clodagh

Visit site
glad im not the only one to be unhappy with this...even if itv didnt show it it is still very wrong IMO

I do agree, with the tightness I only meant they showed that big guy absolutely cranking it up and up in the saddling boxes, better to have shown something else maybe.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I do agree, with the tightness I only meant they showed that big guy absolutely cranking it up and up in the saddling boxes, better to have shown something else maybe.

see what you mean, i was not happy to see the force he used and how the horses cheek was bulging out.....thanks EKW that makes me feel better that horse welfare is being monitored even if the numpties today werent pulled up about it...

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just reading the BBC report was listening to some of the live commentary at work but left at half 4 apparently there were a couple of fatalities? None of the reports on racing post seem to mention them though?

popsdosh

Visit site
Just reading the BBC report was listening to some of the live commentary at work but left at half 4 apparently there were a couple of fatalities? None of the reports on racing post seem to mention them though?

Yes sadly 2.
Mossback in the NH challenge cup 4.50
Report to base in Nov handicap chase 5.30

suffolkmare

Visit site
Well, I have found myself with three non-working days so I’m watching on tv. Sadly looked a rough fall for Ruby, horse got up but he’s off to x Ray with ? # leg ☹️

suffolkmare

Visit site
Pleased for Nico and Altior, if it doesnt go as you wanted, there’s always plan...z?!
Glad Douzan was up ok after launching waaaaay too early.

Visit site
There was never a doubt as soon as Altior kicked for home and hit that Hill!

The Jump Ar Mad gave at the first -I would have pooped myself!

Samcro won easy too! So pleased for Gordon Elliot after Apples Jade yesterday. I see her declaration in the World Hurdle tomorrow is still live. She always does better for a run. Maybe not 2 days between but she ran 2nd in the Fighting 5th then 7 days later beat Either Annie Power or Vroum Vroum Mag the other year (I can't remember which one!) So if she lines up I wouldn't rule her out ...

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
EKW as you are working in racing do you know why the rules on nosebands not seem to apply to nicky hendersons runners?, again today no loosening of tight nosebands and nothing done by cheltenham officials. i am really disappointed as i thought maybe it was a one off with bouvier yesterday. sadly, at cheltenhem it seems not....

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
It's an unofficial rule - more common sense! I have no idea why they are being such arses not undoing them! But shame on them!

looks like it is about time it was an official rule if those in charge of the horses arent doing the best for them. i am getting a bit fed up with itv banging on about welfare when there is an obvious disregard for the welfare of the horse at the end of a race especially with the current ground conditions..i am tempted to send itv a question regarding this if i can work out how to....