CRUFTS 2024 roll call!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Gundog day done! Was fab to meet Druid and have the opportunity to handle the utterly gorgeous Myrka (Thankyou so much!)😊 he was a star and definitely showed me the ropes!

Erik stood alone in his class, story of our whole showing career 😂 so he got the red rosette by default. He was a really good boy though so I’m super proud of him.

He was a total charmer to everyone on the DD stand- back tomorrow for more of that and to have a good wander around. Definitely plan to come and see you Britestar!

Attachments

• 31A594F7-E22A-4913-AC48-702AC7C35525.jpeg
    31A594F7-E22A-4913-AC48-702AC7C35525.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 82

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Gundog day done! Was fab to meet Druid and have the opportunity to handle the utterly gorgeous Myrka (Thankyou so much!)😊 he was a star and definitely showed me the ropes!

Erik stood alone in his class, story of our whole showing career 😂 so he got the red rosette by default. He was a really good boy though so I’m super proud of him.

He was a total charmer to everyone on the DD stand- back tomorrow for more of that and to have a good wander around. Definitely plan to come and see you Britestar!

He really didn’t get it by default - I’ve known judges withhold a first prize if they didn’t think the sole attendee was worthy! Well done you 😊

Crufts is always so bittersweet, it came up on my Facebook memories today that Mum was judging there 11 years ago today. She was so cool about it - she thought judging the parent club championship show and being president of the parent club were much better honours! - but I was and still am so proud of her. How times change sadly…. but at least I never have to go to Crufts again 🤣 This year mums friend/protege won undergraduate bitch (she is having Mum to lunch on Sunday) so that will be lovely for them to talk about ❤️

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
That was really interesting. I’m confused about how that dog scored 0 as I’m sure they said yesterday when they did a segment on the test that part of it is having visibly open nostrils which that dog clearly does not.

The RFG tests this dog undertook (unfortunately) doesn't include nostril grading in its assessment. As there is such a strong correlation between nostril stenosis and BOAS though there is absolutely no excuse for breeding from a dog with slits for nostrils, even if this one individual appears miraculously unaffected by his conformation.

MurphysMinder

Visit site

You didn’t win by default, judge could have withheld , so congratulations. Apparently judge withheld 1st and 2nd in a smooth chi class yesterday , gave 3rd to only dog present 😟

Clodagh

Visit site
I didn’t think the lab was that fat. It looked like a lump of lard compared to mine but I didn’t think it was as fat as I’ve seen before. The goldie, oh my!
The Irish water spaniel, is a saggy gut in the breed standard?
The Weimaraner has got a stunning head.

Morwenna

Visit site
I didn’t think the lab was that fat. It looked like a lump of lard compared to mine but I didn’t think it was as fat as I’ve seen before. The goldie, oh my!
The Irish water spaniel, is a saggy gut in the breed standard?
The Weimaraner has got a stunning head.
I was watching on my phone in the car so may not have had the best view, definitely not the worst (and nowhere near as bad as the Goldie) but still looked overweight to me. The Weimaraner was nice and I loved the large munsterlander too.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Was that you in th3 boots running him in the gun dog group that I just saw?!

Annette4

Visit site
Now I'm home from day 2, Fizz was perfect as always. Fen was such a good boy, he loved the atmosphere and coped brilliantly on DD (typical vallhund meant he wasn't interested in the people unless he was getting treats 🤣). We did nearly have to buy several low hanging treats and toys though 🙄

Attachments

• IMG-20240308-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20240308-WA0018.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 59

Annette4

Visit site

Well done!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I love the gundog group (obviously!). Think I’d have gone for the English setter, I just love them. Blimey, the lab was not lean!

oldandgold

Visit site
I cringed when I saw the retriever and the lab - bit too chunky for my liking, I thing the Weimaraner was a good pick for group winner.

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site

We were meaning to come see you guys all day! Glad you had a good day and Erik got a red 😁